Update/Patches for v37

It is a rare but known bug that sometimes certain resources become invisible on the map. The way to fix it is to zoom out as far as possible using the mouse wheel, until the resource filter options appear. Then click on Show Everything.

Thanks for the advice, I will try this next time I get the bug.
I'm almost sure it's related to langage. During game (english langage), all was Ok. Then I changed langage to french, all was still Ok.
But after saving the game (in french), when reloading, resources was gone.
For make resource show again, I need to quit, reload in english, save 2x time, quit and reload, then resources come back.

I'm almost sure it's related to langage. During game (english langage), all was Ok. Then I changed langage to french, all was still Ok.
For make resource show again, I need to quit, reload in english, save 2x time, quit and reload, then resources come back.
Translations aren't complete, so use english only.

EDIT : finaly after that, i saved 2 times the game, shut it, reload, and then... Resources are back !

Good to see you make progress here. :)

Playing with this new patch on Emperor difficulty. Each of my cities has +7 happiness for "OH YEAH" and an additional +7 for "We love this great city of ours".

What is the cause of each of these? I am Imperialistic, Protective, and Temperamental.

Thanks

Playing with this new patch on Emperor difficulty. Each of my cities has +7 happiness for "OH YEAH" and an additional +7 for "We love this great city of ours".

What is the cause of each of these? I am Imperialistic, Protective, and Temperamental.

Thanks
Off the top of my head I can't tell you. Not sure if you leader Traits have anything to do with them either.

How much/many Education levels have you achieved? Have you built any Wonders? The left panel in the City screen has Tons of info under it's 3 tabs. Have you achieved a new Cultural level? Generally those types are associated with World and/or National Wonder iirc.

Off the top of my head I can't tell you. Not sure if you leader Traits have anything to do with them either.

How much/many Education levels have you achieved? Have you built any Wonders? The left panel in the City screen has Tons of info under it's 3 tabs. Have you achieved a new Cultural level? Generally those types are associated with World and/or National Wonder iirc.

Thanks for replying. Currently I have the Chief's hut, dog breeder, governor's pets, myth-phoenix, and worldview slavery causing happiness, which is all properly accounted for as buildings. All 4 cities have these bonuses exactly the same, and I have not built any wonders. One of the cities is brand new, with minimal culture.

All diffuculty levels give you free health and happines.
2 health and 4 happines for Warlord and higher diffuculties.

Rather than telling you what the source of happiness, unhappiness, health or unhealth is, the game gives you these statements for you to try to figure out what they are coming from. The vagueness of the statement is a measure of how mysterious the designers wanted it to be. I can refer to the dll and text calls there to find out what they come from but off the top of my head, I do not know where those you ask about originate. Perhaps I can find the time to look that up. Then again, understand it's pretty low priority and I'll probably forget given all I've got going on in RL at the moment.

Rather than telling you what the source of happiness, unhappiness, health or unhealth is, the game gives you these statements for you to try to figure out what they are coming from. The vagueness of the statement is a measure of how mysterious the designers wanted it to be. I can refer to the dll and text calls there to find out what they come from but off the top of my head, I do not know where those you ask about originate. Perhaps I can find the time to look that up. Then again, understand it's pretty low priority and I'll probably forget given all I've got going on in RL at the moment.
Or just experiment and give x hundreds of (un)happines/health to test civic/building/tech/resource and so on in some test module :p
Also health/unhealth says stright from where source is coming.

Thanks for replying. Currently I have the Chief's hut, dog breeder, governor's pets, myth-phoenix, and worldview slavery causing happiness, which is all properly accounted for as buildings. All 4 cities have these bonuses exactly the same, and I have not built any wonders. One of the cities is brand new, with minimal culture.
So you have not even built the early Fire Wonder that gives you your 1st Golden Age? I find that rather strange. If all 4 cities are showing this, it is from a Wonder (whether World or National) that gives a Global Happiness bonus. The Fire Wonder (I can not remember it's Official name atm) is such a Wonder. How about Bull Leaping have you built it? Have you gotten a great Hunter and used it for a National Wonder like Master Hunter in all cities.

Look the information is there if you dig for it.

Thanks
You get 4 happiness from emperor difficulty, I'm guessing those are displayed as "OH YEAH"
You get 2 happiness from protective trait, I'm guessing those are displayed as "OH YEAH"
Imperialistic gives 6 happiness to your biggest cities, (how many cities that is valid depends on the map size used); and that should be displayed as "We love this great city of ours".

6 out of 7 are now accounted for.

Last edited:
Thanks Toffer for the added Info. :) I don't have all that stuff memorized. Basically cause I don't fret over it. If I have more :) than :mad: I'm not too concerned about "where or what" it came from.

Thanks Toffer for the added Info. :) I don't have all that stuff memorized. Basically cause I don't fret over it. If I have more :) than :mad: I'm not too concerned about "where or what" it came from.
Heh, I looked the numbers up in XML.
Since i knew those three factors affect happiness I could easily check by how much on nliv007 behalf.

Does anyone have a download link for one of the newer SVN versions? I cannot get the SVN working and I really want to use the new Space Colonization stuff.

No, it happens on english only too. Just use the zoom out trick, it fixes the problem in seconds.

Bumping this thread for new players. Getting buried by too many "fluff" threads!

You could make it a "sticky". Then when v38 comes out "un-sticky" it like we do for the bug threads.
Or change the name of the thread to "The latest update patch" and keep the first post linked to that.

Top Bottom