v22 bugs and crashes

Just pushed a fix for this to the SVN.

I can't magically recreate the correct anger time in games that had been corrupted by this so I have done two things:
  1. Fixed the bug that caused recalculations to add more to the hurry anger timer (and increase the number of unhappy people indirectly)
  2. Added a 'hurry foregiveness' hack, which will eliminate your hurry anger turns remaining if they somehow get above 1000 turns, which will rescue this save

Many thx, awesome job :)

The recently reported (from yesterday and today) issues with:
  • CTDs
  • Incorrect units defending stacks/cities
  • Erratic unit visibility

...are now fixed in the latest SVN.

Thank you.

JosEPh

Ever since going from v21 to v22, my general settings for civ4 get reset every time I load the mod.

I normally play the game at 1920x1080 res and use the detailed city info option. If I set this option prior to loading the mod, the setting saves. I can exit the game and restart and my settings save. Once I try to load a saved game using the mod or just load the mod from the main menu, the resolution switches back to 1280x720. I can then change the res back to my preferred settings (although this can occasionally cause a crash). From here, I have no problems playing the game. After I end the game and later come back and play again, when I start up civ4 (no mods yet), my resolution is back to 1280x720.

It seems my resolution and other general civ4 settings are being reset whenever I load the mod or play a game using it. I did not have this problem with v21 so I'm not sure if this is a v22 problem or maybe I have some crazy compatibility problem. Has there been any other reports of issues like this?

Ever since going from v21 to v22, my general settings for civ4 get reset every time I load the mod.

This is a known issue that has been reported multiple times - it is experienced by anyone who does not play the game at the default resolution the game uses. There is a workaround and the SVN version is fixed (so the next official release won't have this issue). You can see an explanation of why it happens and how to set up the workaround here.

This is a known issue that has been reported multiple times - it is experienced by anyone who does not play the game at the default resolution the game uses. There is a workaround and the SVN version is fixed (so the next official release won't have this issue). You can see an explanation of why it happens and how to set up the workaround here.

That is an excellent answer, so i just put it in the FAQ # 18 Q&A, thx.;)

Post # 8:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7175021&postcount=8

Well... Perhaps excellent, but not entirely correct. I suppose I should point out that it I was being brief so the post was not 100% accurate. So much for saving some time by doing less explaining and typing...

It also happens to people who play at the default resolution, but they would be less likely to notice. It still resets the options other than the resolution to the default values, like whether or not automated workers chop forest and the various sound settings as well as the graphics quality settings. If someone never changed a single option on the option screen, then it might be inconsequential except that I seem to recall the it resets the audio to be mono rather than the more likely to be correct stereo.

The only way to stop it from happening without the workaround and without using the SVN version (until the next version is released) is to never play any Civ4 without C2C and only launch it from a shortcut set up to load the mod so that regular BtS is not loaded before C2C (you can't avoid the issue if you run BtS and select C2C via Load A Mod in the menu). It's the switch between non-C2C and C2C (in either direction) that results in the problem. The workaround changes the loading of the mod so C2C uses a different profile just for it instead of resetting the default profile to a version that is incompatible with regular BtS and most (if not all) other mods. But most of that was covered in the post in the link.

Another way is making only "Assets" folder under svn control, so other files left alone and not changed every time.
Other folders can be made under svn separately if needed (like PrivateMaps).

Well... Perhaps excellent, but not entirely correct. I suppose I should point out that it I was being brief so the post was not 100% accurate. So much for saving some time by doing less explaining and typing...

It also happens to people who play at the default resolution, but they would be less likely to notice. It still resets the options other than the resolution to the default values, like whether or not automated workers chop forest and the various sound settings as well as the graphics quality settings. If someone never changed a single option on the option screen, then it might be inconsequential except that I seem to recall the it resets the audio to be mono rather than the more likely to be correct stereo.

The only way to stop it from happening without the workaround and without using the SVN version (until the next version is released) is to never play any Civ4 without C2C and only launch it from a shortcut set up to load the mod so that regular BtS is not loaded before C2C (you can't avoid the issue if you run BtS and select C2C via Load A Mod in the menu). It's the switch between non-C2C and C2C (in either direction) that results in the problem. The workaround changes the loading of the mod so C2C uses a different profile just for it instead of resetting the default profile to a version that is incompatible with regular BtS and most (if not all) other mods. But most of that was covered in the post in the link.

Best thing to do then is edit that post the way you want it, hows that?

@Koshling:

I get a looong hesitated pause when i hold down the ALT key, trying to get the different kinds of units together in one stack????

EDIT: Just found out it does it aloooot longer when it needs to go to the next unit for options??

@AIAndy:

I get (the 2nd pic) alot plus one different one that has the civs and the words LIMITED in caps also(3rd pic)??

Its shows ALL the civs against you, ?????

Best thing to do then is edit that post the way you want it, hows that?

The "not 100% accurate" point was just about the post here, not the one linked to. As far as I know the one with the workaround instructions that is linked to is correct, if somewhat long in the pre-instruction part.

@Koshling:

I get a looong hesitated pause when i hold down the ALT key, trying to get the different kinds of units together in one stack????

EDIT: Just found out it does it aloooot longer when it needs to go to the next unit for options??

@AIAndy:

I get (the 2nd pic) alot plus one different one that has the civs and the words LIMITED in caps also(3rd pic)??

Its shows ALL the civs against you, ?????
That looks like AI debug information. City founding values and the like.

So if i take out the BUG (AI debug) it should stop correct?)

Yes. Basically the reason it happens is that AI founding values used to be calculated for every plot in the wold every turn at the start of the turn. They are now calculated on demand the first time (in a turn) they are requested (which for the majority of turns is never, so its saves several seconds per player per turn). However, with Chipotle enabled, the alt-hover-texts request these values and force demand-recalculation if it hasn't already happened in that turn.

I don't propose to chnage it back, since that makes everyone's tuns slower, rather than chipotle hover text generation somtimes pausing like this. However, I'll move the foundign values off the alt-hover, onto alt-ctrl hover or something that won't be accidentally triggered so easily

Another repeatable CTD bug. Whenever I attack Shanghai, the game crashes. I suspect this is due to attacking a Great Captain in a city through a Catacombs secret passage. I've attached my save game and minidump files. Personally, I would really like to have Catacombs fixed so that it didn't count units that couldn't defend at all (like Settlers, Workers, ships in port, etc.) but I don't know if that is possible.

Another repeatable CTD bug. Whenever I attack Shanghai, the game crashes. I suspect this is due to attacking a Great Captain in a city through a Catacombs secret passage. I've attached my save game and minidump files. Personally, I would really like to have Catacombs fixed so that it didn't count units that couldn't defend at all (like Settlers, Workers, ships in port, etc.) but I don't know if that is possible.

Fixed the CTD.

Also modified catacombs semantics so instead of the worst defender (including utterly defenseless) defending, it's now the worst actual defender (i.e. - from the units that can defend at all).

Also fixed potential crash this save showed up due to undefined advsiors in the XML (at least the case this save showed up, though there might be others, so the XML should still be fixed)

Fixed the CTD.

Also modified catacombs semantics so instead of the worst defender (including utterly defenseless) defending, it's now the worst actual defender (i.e. - from the units that can defend at all).

Also fixed potential crash this save showed up due to undefined advsiors in the XML (at least the case this save showed up, though there might be others, so the XML should still be fixed)

Thank you. I managed to find a workaround by sending in a Top Secret Agent to bribe the city, then smashed all the units (and the Secret Passage did not apply). Oddly enough, if you bribe a city, the units in that city are not affected. How is bribing a city supposed to work?

Fixing the order of Catacombs, though, is a huge help. I adore captured Warlords, and to have to lose them because of the Catacombs is disappointing.

Not really a bug per-se, but when you have the auto end-turn BUG option enabled and you discover a new tech while having other techs queued, the tech discovery screen will go away instantly, and this is rather annoying.

Could this please be changed? Thanks.

Top Bottom