Version 2.x bug reports

Yes some of them were pre-made, however, these are all independent. I tried to simply load the mod ROM, and my game crashes before fully loading. I admit I do not have much experience with mods, having played very few of them, but I still cant understand whats wrong. And what would be necessary to convert files? Really, Im just trying to load the mod as it says on the instructions.

When you're in main menu do the following:

1. click Advanced
2. click Load a mod
3. choose Rise of Mankind and click ok

The game will now close and load the selected mod so wait until the main menu is shown again (it takes some time to load the mod). Then you can start playing the mod on random maps. If the game crashes while it's loading the mod it might be that there's something wrong with the installation.

If you want to play some Earth maps with Rise of Mankind, there's 2 maps included with the mod. In main menu do this:

1. Click Single Player
2. Click Custom Scenario
3. Select one of the maps from the list: RiseOfMankind28CivEarth or RiseOfMankind2EarthStd12Civ and click ok.
4. Then just follow the setting screens and you should be playing those maps soon :)

If you want to try some other maps, there's currently 4 other maps converted to Rise of Mankind 2. You can get more info about them from here.

Any other map won't work with Rise of Mankind 2. Most likely all Civ4/Warlords/Beyond the Sword maps will crash the game when try to load those maps so you can use only those maps that are converted.

Sorry, I know this is tedious. I tried to simply load the maps to play scenario and it did. However when I tried playing 12 civs map, it loads and then declares my defeat quickly ending the game. Do I need to change my civilization limits somehow, because when I tried 28 civs intially an error reports: Failed to read worldbuilder file "f:/civ iv/beyond the sword/mods/rise of mankind/publicmaps/riseofmanking28civearth/civbeyondswordwbsave"

Do you think the problem could be in my drives, I know my DVD cannot play the game any longer, and my CD sometimes needs a second attempt to play?

Well, it seems that 2.12 is the solution for my repeated early-game CTD.

I installed RoM 2.12 GameUtils fix yesterday, along with Rev/DCM 2.12, and the game seems stable once again. My game isn't crashing repeatedly anymore. For those who still have crashes in the early game, updating to 2.12 may be the fix.

@zappara: I think you could be correct with the more civs mod needing to be updated. I CTD every couple turns once I install it.

BTW I assume the process is still:

Install 2.12
Delete python
Install Revolution 2.12
Install Extra Civs
Install Revolution python path fix
Install Revolution audio xml fix

ROM 2.12

game version - bts english version

windows xp

problems = no interface and no map screen on advanced starts

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    48 KB · Views: 82
@tonedog: Did you read the civpath.py fix .. I am 99% sure this is problem, read back on this board

I started from scratch and have been playing fine, one 'feature' though, my generals who have the special upgrade from Sun Tzus go from costing 0g to upgrade to costing -Xg to upgrade so I make money off the deal. Not enough cash to be unblanacing of course but it was funny when I saw it.

Ugh...

Okay, reinstalled RoM 2.11 from scratch, deleted the Python folder, added on JUST the Revolution mod and patched with CyPath.

Now I'm getting a CTD problem when loading the mod (i.e: I load the mod, it goes through the little rigamarole of loading, but before I get to the main screen, I get a crash).

Really Zappara, I love love LOVE your work, but this mod (for me) is a bit like Schrodinger's cat; in a quantum superstate of alive or buggered (to be fair though, the wavelength seems to constantly collapse towards buggered in my case :lol:)

hate to say it but in my first game of ROM 2.12 ive laready had 2 ctd's. the 1st one happened last night after 200 oddd turns. i reloaded and played another 20 odd turns without any problems and it ran fine so i juts put the ctd down to a one off.

however when i loaded it today, as soon as i clicked end turn it crashed again!

im usin windows xp english with ROM 2.12 and the revolution mod addon.
im also usin the largest map size and 17 civs, i have a good system thogh so dont see why thus would be the problem.

ive uploaded the logs files and game save.

Attachments

• tonedog BC-2150.CivBeyondSwordSave
    437.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Logs.zip
    50.2 KB · Views: 68
I had also several CTD with ROM 2.12 + Khalimakus' add-on.

I suspect that comes from stack attacking or something happening when a city is taken, as the last CTD I encountered happened when the IA attacked one of my cities with a stack of 4 units and its troops entered it.

Is there any way to disable stack attacks ? :confused:

Yes, its in one of the xml files ... go into Assetts/XML/global-alt-defines.xml (or something like this) .. change stack attack to 0 and save

when u say stack attacks u mean havin multiple units in a tile all attackin a city or a unit in the same turn right?

isnt this a core feature of civ 4? why would it make this mod crash?

Hi there,
First of all want to thank you for this mod, is the best i've ever played for Civ IV.
I'm playing it with the RevolutionDCM add-on.
I've had my first CTD with this mod and I suppose it must be something related to the northern cities of Rome in my south border trying to join me and Augustus declaring me war because of them.
I'll give you the save game which is a couple of turns before the crash and the log files... If you need something more just tell me.
Thanks for your attention :)

Attachments

• Logs.ace
    214.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Gilgamesh AD-1991.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
wait until Zap gets back on, he's the guy who looks at all the crash logs and such since he knows the game inside and out

Where are the horses??? I have played 4 games now with mod, I love it except there are never horses.

i finally put to rest the addon stuff to start a game of RoM... only to find that the game wants to make the units move again even though they've already moved, i have to force end turn to go to the next turn:sad: i've never had this happen before, I'm playing 2.12 regular, and it never happened before, not even on 2.11

EDIT: reloaded and it was fine... odd though

Back
Top Bottom