Vietnam (Modular)

Great job and exactly what i was looking for i need more Asian type with the request above this, thx.:goodjob:
I have a full asian workup for Vietnam... nothing really "new" per-se, but it is a lot of hand-chosen stuff... pretty much every unit from warrior to modern times (including navies and modern armor/jets) I have covered for Vietnam... but it's nothing you couldn't find on the forum if you dig hard-enough!

Hey... you might want to try this new Vietnam Flag & Button from Mamba...

Better quality, and having nothing to do with monkeys... I have no idea the desire/need/history of having the Vietnamese waving monkey flags, but the above link will eliminate having to think of why.

I'd personally make a decal out of the historical South Vietnamese flag.

I'd keep only Le Loi and Ho Chi Minh. (Gia Long doesn't seem all that great to me and Trung looks too much like Isabella for my tastes.)

I'd personally make a decal out of the historical South Vietnamese flag.
As much as most of us would probably prefer to see the South Vietnamese flag, it didn't last very long and the North Vietnamese flag (now the flag of all Vietnam) still flies... so I requested it (as dull as it may be). Ho Chi Minh wasn't too partial to the South Vietnamese flag either... it would kinda look silly to have the South Vietnamese flag flying behind Ho Chi Minh.

In any case, the current Vietnamese flag has more meaning then a monkey holding his rear in the air.

What do you mean? That flag's as old as Gia Long!

Besides, the star is already taken... therefore, the South Vietnamese flag (and the original flag of the Vietnamese Empire) is a good way to go.

I mean, we don't need to change the Maltese Cross to a swastika just because Hitler's a German leader.

What star is taken by who? In my mod, NOBODY has a star for their flag, so what's your point?

You want Vietnam to use a Gold Flag? Most mods have their Neighbor the Chinese sporting a Gold Flag (that Chinese flag's as old as the Great Wall).

Do whatever you want... I see no reason to say the flag Vietnam has been using since around the 1920s and formally since the 1940s to today isn't valid. The flag you speak of was used in Central Vietnam from 1890-1920. It was later the flag of South Vietnam (1948-75)... so if you add it up, it's use was about as long as that of the current flag.

The Vietnamese government opposes the flag you speak of and complained to the United States federal government on the grounds that it is a sovereign country with diplomatic relations with the United States. Your flag is de-facto banned in Vietnam.

I suppose you can keep using the Monkey flag if you want. :dunno:

Hmm...

I guess I can keep using those colors, but I'll have to find another flag.

America had the star, by the way.

America had the star, by the way.
"Had"... past tense... if anyone is bold enough to add a Civ like Vietnam, I'm sure the American star has long-been replaced... such as in my-own mod some time ago.

Vietnam is the ONLY nation to sport a star in my mod... quid pro quo.

I'm sure most of us here don't know who the hell Gia Long was and what his and former Southern Vietnamese flag is supposed to represent, so lets stick with the current flag. And by the way, how about replace Gia Long with someone who is more well known such as Quang Trung (who actually beat the crap out of Gia Long), Tran Hung Dao and the like

ahahah dang i put the wrong name, good catch!!!:blush:

I was working on something else, when i u/l this.
I would recomend you use the textures from Bernie's Vietnamese MG for the VietCong as well... for two reasons:

#1) they match

#2) the "VietCong" troop you are using has been "hijacked" by just about every asian mod for regular Asian infantry. If you want the Vietnamese UU to truely be unique, I suggest switching the texture to match Bernies (simply swap the appropriate files over [three I think]... no painting needed).

For the record (and for those with inquiring minds), the flag of Emperor Gia Long and of the short-lived South Vietnam, was this:

I would recomend you use the textures from Bernie's Vietnamese MG for the VietCong as well.

Yeah your right, again, and thx for the ideas, the more the better.:p

P.S.
The download link isn't working.

I just downloaded... all the flavor units you show in the picture (like the War Elephant for example) aren't in the download, yet they are referenced in the flavor XML file for entries that aren't in default BtS or in this mod.

I just downloaded... all the flavor units you show in the picture (like the War Elephant for example) aren't in the download, yet they are referenced in the flavor XML file for entries that aren't in default BtS or in this mod.

HUH? They are in my BtS CIV4ArtDefines_Unit?:rolleyes:

HUH? They are in my BtS CIV4ArtDefines_Unit?
The actual MODELS... I don't see them in there... you know... the NIF and DDS files... :rolleyes:

You are referencing things in your modular XML that are not physically included with the mod that we download. :deal:

I'm sure you have the files on your hard-drive... but the rest of us may not have the same files!

Top Bottom