Warfare

Civ2player

Prince

FIRST NEWS STATION BULLETIN
WARFARE THREAD ENDS

I swear this will be the last time I play as America. But I needed to especially for this thread. :blush: There will be no new threads from me during this story, because I keep seeming to create new stories. I already have like 5 of them. :blush:

FIRST NEWS STATION - The United States today has begun deploying troops in Egypt's neighbor, France in response to the crisis over the neutrality of Egypt's oil and rubber reserves. The crisis began on June 2, 1981 when Egypt announced a 12 percent cut from production and the announcement of several new policies that would affect the neutrality of the reserves. The US says it will exhaust every last diplomatic step before the government considers invading Egypt.

WARFARE
The Story

FIRST NEWS STATION BULLETIN
WARFARE THREAD ENDS

Spoiler :
Part One: A Possible War (1981 AD)
Part Two: Deadline (1982 AD)
Part Three: Egypt's Last Stand (1983 AD)
Part Four: An Unstable Germany (1984 - 1985 AD)
Part Five: Germany's Problems Worsen (1986 AD)
Part Six: Anarchist Germany (1987 AD)
First News Station: Update 1
Part Seven: G-5 Meeting (1988 AD)
Part Eight: United States-United Kingdom Free Trade Agreement (1989 AD)
Part Nine: United States Presidential Election, 1990: Part One (1990 AD)
Part Ten: United States Presidential Election, 1990: Part Two (1990 AD)
Part Eleven: United States Presidential Election, 1990: Part Three (1990 AD)
Part Twelve: United States Presidential Election, 1990: Part Four (1990 AD)
Part Thirteen: United States Presidential Victory Speech: President Elect: Sam B
Part Fourteen: The Same President, A New Crisis (1991 AD)
Part Fifteen: Tensions Heighten (1991 AD)
Part Sixteen: The Ultimatum (1992 AD)
Part Seventeen: Operation Renegade (1992 AD)
Part Eighteen: Renegade Begins, Part Two (1992 AD)
Part Nineteen: Siege of Valladolid (1992 AD)
Part Twenty: Meanwhile in Africa (1992 AD)
Part Twenty-One: Second Zulu-Mongolian War (1993 AD)
Part Twenty-Two: Back to Spain (1993 AD)
Part Twenty-Three: Assault on Santiago (1994 AD)
Part Twenty-Four: The Tired Mongolians (1994 AD)
Part Twenty-Five: The Push North (1995 AD)
Part Twenty-Six: Spanish Surrender (1995 AD)
Part Twenty-Seven: The African Tide Turns (1996 AD)
Part Twenty-Eight: Mongolia Falls Like A Domino (1996 AD)
Part Twenty-Nine: America After This Thread (Prologue)

1981 AD

The neutrality of the Egyptian reserves have long been the center of political mayhem and wars. But this does not stop the fact that Egypt is about to cut production and trade to America, and other civilizations as well. This is what began the Egyptian Crisis.

Civilization World in 1981

I had to begin stationing troops in France or else this situation would have gotten out of hand and more wars would have begun. But an American presence in the area stopped any ideas other nations had.

Egypt began slowing the production of their resources and I react, but not with war. I instead call up Egypt, and propose a peace deal of 20 G.P.T, the withdrawal of American troops, and open trade agreements.

First News Station - EGYPTIAN CRISIS: The United States today has proposed a peace treaty with Egypt. The deal apparently involves more trade agreements, the withdrawal of American troops from France and other things, if Egypt resumes normal production of vital resources. The world is yet to hear the Egyptian response but there are considerable fears that if Egypt declines, war will happen.

We'll see what happens. :cool:

1982 AD

Egypt refused the peace treaty, and this heightened tensions by a long shot. America was prepared for war, but the lasting political and domestic effects it could have it was not prepared for.

FIRST NEWS STATION - EGYPTIAN CRISIS - The United States today has set a deadline for war in Egypt. After vital resources were dropped by Egypt this evening, Egypt has refused a peace treaty that would guarantee the withdrawal of all US troops from neighboring France. Egypt has been given one last chance, and it has time to use it, and if they don't, war.

There are stacks of US troops in France, 35,000 (1 health bar = 1000 troops) roughly. I'm confident that America will prevail in Egypt, should the time for war come upon us.

June 1

Egypt has done nothing, except lower production again. Clearly they think we're no threat.

June 5

Nothing. Looks like we're going to war.

June 9

FIRST NEWS STATION - EGYPTIAN WAR - The United States has commenced it's invasion of Egypt this morning, as Egypt did not comply with demands set with the deadline for war of June 9. The war began at approx. 10:09 AM Local Time, when bombings were heard outside of Cairo. Planes then flew over many of the cities and bombed Egyptian Defense Forces targets. The Ground invasion began at approximately 12:41, only two hours later, when roughly 40,000 US troops crossed the French-Egyptian border into Egypt.

Continued In The Next Part :cool:

1983 AD

FIRST NEWS STATION - EGYPTIAN WAR - American troops in Egypt are now closer than ever to their goal of securing the resources in Egypt. The troops have been in Egypt for a little over 9 months, from the invasion on June 9 1982 to the present date in March 1983.

The Egyptian army was close to annihilation, and the process of completing a 'Egyptian Provisional State' was close to completion. The last of the Oil reserves were located in Western Egypt.

These needed to be captured, so, without further ado, troops are sent into the Western Egypt Oil Fields.

FIRST NEWS STATION - EGYPTIAN WAR - US troops today have captured the last remaining oil fields in Egypt, and are now well underway in their process of creating an Egyptian Provisional State. The US also today has resumed normal production of the oil and rubber in Egypt and normal production is expected to be resumed fully by February of next year.

Will be continued in the next part. :cool:

:) Thanks. I'm kinda hoping this story will be better than the other ones, (History of Democratic America, World At Arms, European Crisis) because whenever I post a story I seem to get better ideas for new stories. :mischief:

1984 AD

By 1984 the German empire was close to a state of complete collapse. The 'Australian Provisional State' was revolting, and there was a crisis there. Germany had got in touch with Britain and the US to try and negotiate a alliance, with no avail. The US and UK didn't want to get themselves involved in Germany's woes. So Germany instituted Martial Law on nearly every city in the Australian area, and at the same time began to look into the SE Asian islands, which generated extreme unhappiness. I was keeping a close eye on Germany, although I didn't want to get involved.

FIRST NEWS STATION - GERMAN CRISIS - Germany has instituted Martial Law on most of the Australian Provisional State's cities. The US has called for Germany to 'immediately stop the martial law actions'. Germany says it is necessary if the crisis is to come under control. The recent collapse of Germany's government in Australia has led to the crisis and renewed fears that the German government will collapse.

Germany has begun to colonize the islands above, which has led to extreme unhappiness and fears that Germany will not be able to govern it's overseas domains effectively.

1985 AD

FIRST NEWS STATION - GERMAN CRISIS - The German government today has announced it will fund a 3000 Gold military boost, for the military cracking down on partisans in German overseas territory, Australia. This has been seen as a highly controversial issue in the German government.

So Germany is funding a new military program. More and more partisans are become more and more frequent in Australia, and I hope the German government will win, as if they do not, this has the potential to turn ugly.

1986 AD

By 1986 the German government had collapsed, the country bankrupt and riots had gone wild in Australia. There was no way they could solve this problem; yet I still didn't want to get involved.

So, in 1986, Germany turns to foreign help.

FIRST NEWS STATION - GERMAN CRISIS - Germany today has turned to Russia, the country with the largest armed forces in the area, to help with the now 'civil war' in Australia. Germany is too deliver 100 barrels of oil a week to Russia, which will benefit Germany's now failing economy in turn for Russia's help.

Foreign intervention, eh? Russia immediately sent their troops, but they didn't seem to help; the war is still on, although the Partisans have met heavy resistance and some have been massively overpowered. Germany is still colonizing the Indonesian islands, how dumb can they be? This will ruin their economy, whether exporting to Russia or not.

Sounds like a civil war & colapse of government :)

1987 AD

In 1987, after the mounting pressures of the overseas expansion, bankruptcy and riots in Australia, the German government collapses.

FIRST NEWS STATION - GERMAN GOVERNMENT COLLAPSE - Germany today has plunged into anarchy after the collapse of their government and resignation of the president over controversies over the handling of the civil war in Australia and overseas expansion. The now former President announced he would not let the Australian province become independent. But says, even though he is no longer President, that he will review the situation of the overseas expansion. The Vice President has also resigned, as has the rest of the German cabinet. The announcement of new Presidential elections are too be reviewed soon by the German People Party, the original opposing party to the ex-incumbent office.

I knew this would happen. By the end of 1986 there was no way, no way the situation was going to come under control. I just hope Fascism or Communism don't get in control or international intervention will probably happen for the sake of keeping peace in Germany's region.

To be continued in the next part. :cool:

FIRST NEWS STATION - OCCUPATION OF EGYPT - US Troops today have announced that 90 percent of Combat Units are now out of Egyptian territory and are beginning their trip home, after the invasion and occupation of Egypt. 10 percent of the Combat Units are being kept for another year to provide security to US training and government advisers.

FIRST NEWS STATION - AUSTRALIAN CIVIL WAR - Russia today has announced it's withdrawal of troops from Australia following the German government collapse. Russia says it wasn't going to fight on it's own, and didn't wish to get involved further.

1988 AD

The G-5 Meeting is a once-yearly meeting between the four major economies of the world: The United States, England, Russia, China and Spain.

FIRST NEWS STATION - G5 MEETING - Leaders of the G5 countries have attended an annual meeting in Seville, Spain. The leaders talked about the crisis in Australia, financial co-operation and the reducing of trade tariffs. The United Kingdom, heavily interested in a Free Trade Agreement with the United States, is well underway with talks, and the G5 meeting hosted a good opportunity to commence negotiations. US President Sam B says he is very interested in the idea of a US-UK FTA. Spain, hosting the event, said they are interested in reducing tariffs on trade to Russia, and talks have begun.

I was very interested in the idea of an FTA with the UK. This would greatly reduce the cost of trading to the UK, and would benefit both economies, as well as further strengthen US-UK ties.

The first round of negotiations took place in Washington, and the US and the UK have advanced towards the idea.

FIRST NEWS STATION - US-UK FREE TRADE AGREEMENT - The United States today has hosted the first round of official negotiations on the subject of the US-UK FTA. After the meeting, the US President said that they were fast advancing towards the FTA, and can expect, if an agreement is reached within the next 6 months, to have the FTA operating by 1990.

1989 AD

FIRST NEWS STATION - UNITED STATES-UNITED KINGDOM FREE TRADE AGREEMENT - The United States and the United Kingdom today have signed a Free Trade Agreement that is to become working by 1990. The United States presidential election, 1990 is to take place and the incumbent president, Sam B, hopes he can use this as one of the reasons for him to stay in office before the 1999 President election will take place. Above are the diplomats from the US and the UK signing the agreement.

Trade to the UK increases as we hope to get the FTA working by 1990. This is an exciting time: both economies will benefit, our diplomatic relations as well as our economic relations are now closer and I think the US and the UK are on the road to a great friendship.

FIRST NEWS STATION - US/UK FTA - The first of the tariff free Trade from the UK has arrived at the US and the same with the UK. Both Governments are extremely happy and satisfied with the agreement saying it is a milestone of US and UK relations.

1990 AD

FIRST NEWS STATION - US ELECTION - Hype is building up as the two primary candidates, incumbent President Sam B and Republican Nominee George W Scrub prepare for election day. Our popularity polls clearly show incumbent President Sam B in the lead with 79 percent, George Scrub with 12 percent and the rest 'don't know'. Election day is only 45 days away from us, and the decision looks to be Sam B in for a second 9 year term.

So. 45 days to go. 45 days to prepare. I could be in for a second 9-year term or I could be out. If I'm out, the rest will be written in a history book type manner.

********************** --- Below is written in first person for Election purposes.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Republican - Democratic Debate. We welcome Republican Nominee George W Scrub and incumbent president Sam B to the stands in our first election debate, with 45 days remaining until November 2, 1990, US Election day." The narrator announced.
"Incumbent President Sam B will take the first question, then George W Scrub will take the next and so on."
"Our panel consists of four..."
I stopped listening to the Narrator, revising some thoughts in my head about the election debate.
A second 9 year term would be good. It would be beneficial to America. Change to America at this time was not needed. If I lost, I could always run for re-election in the next nine years.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we take the first question from Mr. Halmers."

"Thankyou. Mr. President, thank you for being here tonight. Your policy on the Egyptian crisis, invading for... oil and rubber. How is this legitimate?"
"Well..." I chuckled. "The world runs on it. We know that. The World knows that. My policy was to exhaust every last diplomatic step before considering invading. I did that. The dictator of Egypt did not respond to our calls to resume normal production and they didn't. So the decision was made. If I had not executed that decision, we might well be... no... we would be in an oil or rubber or both, crisis."
Mr. Halmers wrote something on a piece of paper and his question was up.
"Thankyou Mr. President." He said.
I nodded.

"We now have our next question from Mrs. Kirwy."
"Thankyou. Mr. Scrub, How do you propose your new Tax legislation to work, and to benefit the economy or government?"
"My new Tax legislation, of raising Taxes 3 percent comes in the wake of a deficit crisis. Mr. President's actions have led to the deficit of 9 GPT, money which we need to fund the Egyptian Provisional State, something Mr. President's actions have forced us to do. When you hear, 'raising taxes' you immediately think you'll vote for my opponent here, because he doesn't plan to do this. But my legislation is needed in this deficit crisis, and by raising taxes, GDP will be raised and the deficit gone. Then we will lower taxes."
"Mr. President, do you have a reply to that?" Mrs. Kirwy asked.

"Yes, I do. When he says this, do you all believe him? If you do, let me explain why he is wrong. 9 GPT is a deficit, but not a deficit crisis. It's hardly even worth paying more money to reduce. Most countries, developed countries, have deficits of over 20 GPT and they're not having to look after a state on the brink of collapse. Maybe Germany does, but that's only one country. We have a deficit of 9 GPT, money which the Government needs to spend annually anyway on public systems. Only 3 GPT goes towards Egypt, that's all it needs. The rest is towards you, America's citizens. Governments have deficits, it's part of being a democracy and being a country."

**********************--- Debate will finish later. ;)

Continued in the next part. :cool:

(Note: I don't compare myself to Ronald Reagan or Walter Mondale if you're wondering. These are just good debate pictures I found.)

1990 AD

***********--- Everything below this line written in first person for election purposes. DEBATE CONTINUED:

"We have our next question from Mr. Justin."
"Thankyou. Mr. President, why, did you decide not to act in Germany's overseas Australian problem?"
"You just answered your own question -- it was Germany's overseas problem."
Laughter and Applauding came from the audience. (I know... :mischief:)
Mr. Justin nodded and laughed at himself a little.
"Why did you create an Egyptian Provisional State?" He asked a better question this time.

"Because If anymore dictators came into power, most likely they would be anti-American. That means they would attack our security forces and they would almost certainly lower or cut production to us and pro-western countries, and exterminate pro-western uprisings or people in the area. This would mean another war for us, which isn't something I'd want, nor would the people want it."
"Thankyou, Mr. President."

Our Fourth panelist, before we end the debate, is Mr. Panlin. After he asks his question to Mr. Scrub, Mr. President will get a last closing statement, then Mr. Scrub will get his."
"Thankyou. Mr. Scrub, How would you handle a crisis like the Egyptian one?"
"I would use diplomacy. I wouldn't need to handle a crisis like that, because one of my proposals is a mixed energy source, so we don't need to rely heavily on foreign trade."
"Mr. President, A reply?"

"One of my proposals is also a Mixed energy source, and proof is the US-UK Free Trade Agreement."
"Okay, now we wrap it up. Mr. President, your closing statement?"

"People of America. We are facing a big challenge -- the turn of the decade. I wish to make America stronger. Like I've said, get a mixed energy source. We already opened a deal with the UK in no less than six months. This is proof that Democracy prevails. Six months is an extraordinary time, and I wish to create more of these. But I can only do that with your help, America."

"Mr. Scrub?"

"America. We need to prevail. We need strong leadership, proven leadership. I am your man. Trade Agreements are one thing, but a self-sufficient economy would be excellent. We are in no way close to that. But with your help, America, we can do that. We can reduce our deficit, we can become powerful. Come on America, it's time."

******************************ELECTION DAY*************************

FIRST NEWS STATION - US Presidential Election LIVE - "Good evening and welcome to the United States Presidential Election for 1990 - I'm your host Jason Wrent, and we'll be following the entire election here in the studio. The First polls are anticipated to close in no less than 2 minutes, by which time we will receive the first projections."

"Only one minute to go now, until we receive the first projections on who is in the lead.
Our recent polls showed incumbent President Sam B in the lead."

"Okay, Here we have it: The US Presidential election for 1990 has begun. Our first projections see incumbent US President Sam B in the lead with 49 electoral votes, winning Michigan, Delaware and Florida. George W Scrub appears to have won Colorado. We will have an update on this -"

"Okay, we appear to have the next results in, with Sam B gaining several more electoral points that George W Scrub, putting his total at 73 and George W Scrub's at 28. Sam has gained Wyoming, Nevada and Minnesota, while George W Scrub appears to have won Texas."

--- Continued from above

"Our next results project Sam B's electoral votes at 89 and George Scrubs at 32. Sam wins North Dakota, Utah and Oregon. Scrub wins Montana. The next polls close in less than one minute, and these are, ladies and gentlemen, the deciding votes."

"Ladies and gentlemen, 12 seconds until we find out who wins the 1990 United States Presidential election. The next polls close in... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, people of America: Here is your president. Sam B elected president for a second 9 year term. A momentous occasion."

Top Bottom