Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.0

aaglo said:
(as will -likely- atleast one new faction - chaos dwarfs :) )

cool chaos dwarfs, I played against these tiny evil buggers quite a bit back in the day when I played WH, the models look awesome by the way!

aaglo said:
I have a valid question:
Where is Embryodead, and how's he doing with his exams?
The exam period should be over now. I talked to him a week ago, or so.

BTW, I think it would be good to make the Black Knight 8/6/2 instead of 8/5/2. This way it would be as good as the Blood Knight, the Lahmian equivalent. And be useful for defense before the Vampire Lords arrive. But on the other hand, maybe aaglo made a vampire pikeman equivalent, I'm confused by all the new units. :crazyeye:

mrtn said:
BTW, I think it would be good to make the Black Knight 8/6/2 instead of 8/5/2. This way it would be as good as the Blood Knight, the Lahmian equivalent. And be useful for defense before the Vampire Lords arrive. But on the other hand, maybe aaglo made a vampire pikeman equivalent, I'm confused by all the new units. :crazyeye:

a vampire pikeman?
a better defensive unit would be a wraith, having low leadership and immunity to normal attacks, they can only be hit by magical weapons or deamonic attacks, so translated to civ 3 this would mean a high defensive strength, they are also ethereal beings so maybe let them treat all terrain as roads? :crazyeye:

also any plans to include ghouls (for all undead armies) or strigoi (for just the vampire armies, ghouls upgrade to strigoi in this case)?

and i was thinking about the chaos army just now about how cool it would be to have a pack of horrors supported by a flamer of tzeentch (an m-unit 3/4horros + 1 flamer), the flamer would give them a zone of control, also i think it would look very cool, but m-units probably are a lot of work

Arnt Strigoi just like feral Vampires? I guess thats like ghouls now that i think about it...

I always have loved warhammer but never took the time to learn how to play and actually buy and paint them all... There are just so many cool armies. And they are so extra expensive now a days. I mean 50$ Australian for a regiment of men?! its crazy.

Tyrion said:
Arnt Strigoi just like feral Vampires? I guess thats like ghouls now that i think about it...

strigoi are like ghoul champions right?

oh yeah, should ghouls be included in this mod then you could give them perhaps blitz but at least move 2 (they had 2 attacks in WH), just to reflect their ravenous natures
maybe allow them to enslave enemies into new ghouls, because of their diseased attacks potentially turning someone, but that's not necessarry

I was also thinking about an early game fast scout for the vampire armies -> vampire bats, a flying unit

and carrion birds for the undead, definatly give them blitz, they could continue to attack for every wound inflicted

ooh and mummies man! tough lumbering very strong units

man I wish I could model units like aaglo ...

Aside from the annoying units that get built every odd turn or so. I love this mod.
I've tried to make Mountains natural barriers. (Meaning not even workers get get through.) For some reason, I love building a fort in a valley square between the mountains. Get some focused fights. Brilliant stuff.

Don't mind the workers being the only land unit able to traverse mountains, adds a challenging factor into gameplay. :) ... why is it that the damned spiders always have a lair near resources though :mad:

Went into the editor for a look and I think I answered one query regarding the 2 Army entries in the civilopedia ... is it because there are 2 graphics used, middle eastern and general :confused:

If this is so then perhaps additional army unit graphics could be created :mischief: ... I'd love to see the Chaos or Orc or Slann generals whipping their soldiers into a frenzy prior to endering the fray ;)

However my excersion into the editor didn't inform me much about the spy unit A/D=0, M=1. Just wondering what they can be used for as I don't think they have hidden nationality :confused:

fe3333au said:
...Went into the editor for a look and I think I answered one query regarding the 2 Army entries in the civilopedia ... is it because there are 2 graphics used, middle eastern and general :confused:

If this is so then perhaps additional army unit graphics could be created :mischief: ... I'd love to see the Chaos or Orc or Slann generals whipping their soldiers into a frenzy prior to endering the fray ;)
No, there are no middle eastern army, and yes, I'm sure embryodead tested this two years ago, he'd like those kinds of armies as well...
fe3333au said:
...However my excersion into the editor didn't inform me much about the spy unit A/D=0, M=1. Just wondering what they can be used for as I don't think they have hidden nationality :confused:
You use it as an explorer/scout.

Hello there.

Can anyone give me an idea of how can i import a map i have in other format into a civ3conquest scenario ?

My map is a 100 * 200 map of warlords land of illuria and i think it will make a great map for playing whmod.

10x in advance.
:goodjob:

mrtn said:
No, there are no middle eastern army, and yes, I'm sure embryodead tested this two years ago, he'd like those kinds of armies as well...
Oh well maybe in Civ4 eh ;)

mrtn said:
You use it as an explorer/scout.
in my game play never use it as usually you have ROP or agression by that stage with your neighbours ;)

Thanks for reply :goodjob:

kitty1977 said:
Hello there.

Can anyone give me an idea of how can i import a map i have in other format into a civ3conquest scenario ?

My map is a 100 * 200 map of warlords land of illuria and i think it will make a great map for playing whmod.

10x in advance.
:goodjob:

Open the WH Mod file in the scenario editior than go to the file menu and select "import..." there will be warning that comes up, click yes and you will have the option to check mark 3 boxes that say "Rules", "Map", and "Players", you can click on the icon left of the box to expand these into more specific catagories, but you probably don't need to do that. Just check the box "map" (and only that box) and then press OK. After that go to the File menu again click save as, and then save the map as whatever you want. Then go into civ-content in the game and select that file to play on.

You should note that preplaced resources will not neccisarily show up on the map becuase WH-Mod uses modded resources, you should, therefore either manually place resources or randomize the resource placement on the map after you import it into WH-Mod.

dottim said:
a vampire pikeman?
a better defensive unit would be a wraith, having low leadership and immunity to normal attacks, they can only be hit by magical weapons or deamonic attacks, so translated to civ 3 this would mean a high defensive strength, they are also ethereal beings so maybe let them treat all terrain as roads? :crazyeye:
I think mrtn means the undead halberdier, which is quite straightfoward model of the armoured skeleton halberdiers of Vampire counts. We propably don't have good graphics for wraiths, but those stats suggestions would be quite good - especially the all-terrain-as-roads (altough they should be very expensive units then).

So when the new patch is coming? ;) I'm really waiting for that. :)

EDIT: 2.1 I mean :D

You are doing wonderful work guys! I can't wait to see the new patch comes up!!! When can we expect it????

I've got a suggestion. This is nothing I've tried, but what if let's say Chaos units would have a couple of centimetres round all their units thats a semitransparent dark tone. It would make it look like the country controlled by chaos looks all desolate and corupt. Just a suggestion. I've got no idea if it could work. Is there a maximum size of units?

Altough your suggestion could be fun feature, I wouldn't want to do it.
1# It's a heckuva workload.
2# The unit file sizes would skyrocket.
3# It wouldn't look very good in the long run - actually I guess it would be annoying.

Top Bottom