[Warlords] Battle of Hastings

How's work going on to convert the Mod to BtS :)?
I don't really know if I am going to convert to BtS. Right now, I still have yet to even order BtS for Mac. (I just set up a PayPal account, so I would guess I'll have it in mid to late August.) BtS Windows still refuses to work in Crossover, so I won't have it until I get a copy of Windows. Since I plan on waiting for Windows 7, I'll have to wait to get my laptop since our iMac only has 512 Mb of RAM. :(

Even if I had BtS in both versions, I still am not sure if it would be worth the pain. If enough people cry to me that they only have BtS, then I'll consider it. (Are you one of those people? :) )

I don't really know if I am going to convert to BtS. Right now, I still have yet to even order BtS for Mac. (I just set up a PayPal account, so I would guess I'll have it in mid to late August.) BtS Windows still refuses to work in Crossover, so I won't have it until I get a copy of Windows. Since I plan on waiting for Windows 7, I'll have to wait to get my laptop since our iMac only has 512 Mb of RAM. :(

I thought, you'd be the first person to buy it (because of that i asked).

Even if I had BtS in both versions, I still am not sure if it would be worth the pain. If enough people cry to me that they only have BtS, then I'll consider it. (Are you one of those people? :) )

I have also Warlords, but not enough time atm :sad:.

I just think, that it needs some more work, and that most modders would go for the more possibilities in BtS and wouldn't work on Warlords.
If you still work on the Warlords version, i'll be fine with that :).

I thought, you'd be the first person to buy it (because of that i asked).
Well, I would have if I had a method of obtaining it. :) No store in my area sells it and I had a feeling for some reason that I had to be 18 for a PayPal account. (I don't have a check card yet. :( ) Anyway, once I get my account validated I'll order BtS, which seems to have very slow and unpredictable shipping at the moment.

I have also Warlords, but not enough time atm :sad:.

I just think, that it needs some more work, and that most modders would go for the more possibilities in BtS and wouldn't work on Warlords.
If you still work on the Warlords version, i'll be fine with that :).
Okay, I think I'd rather stay with Warlords, since there will not be much difference in updating other than some people missing out from not having Warlords.

anyone have an issue with units, cities, improvements, etc. gradually going dark or black. I just started playing this mod today. I noticed this issue some time ago in another mod like Rhys or something.

Any idea how to fix this permanently as opposed to reloading CIV, which helps only temporarily?

thanks

Well, when things on the map start going black for me, I just zoom out to the world view and back in. There really isn't a permanent fix that I know of, except lowering your graphics settings. (Just make sure you don't check 'frozen animations' or the units will be all screwed up.)

I get this bug even when playing vanilla, and more frequently on larger maps.

Well, when things on the map start going black for me, I just zoom out to the world view and back in. There really isn't a permanent fix that I know of, except lowering your graphics settings. (Just make sure you don't check 'frozen animations' or the units will be all screwed up.)

I get this bug even when playing vanilla, and more frequently on larger maps.

I unchecked the "high detail terrain" setting and the problem hasn't occurred in at least 50 or so turns now. I hope that keeps up. I've only ever seen this problem in large mods before - and maybe I was playing large maps too. I think it was Rise of Mankind or one of those.

On another note - I'm enjoying the mod. I'm playing the Welsh (always love to play them). I was a bit surprised that Harold and William made peace in the first few turns - seems bizarre to me. I think they should be in a state of permanent war - at least for 50 turns or so.

hey flintlock - I also meant to ask what the deal was about working water tiles. i'm well down the tech tree but can't use the water tiles at all - except placing a work boat to get a resource.

Thanks for the tip on the water working, I'll look into that.
EDIT: Water tiles now req. Water Engineering.
I'm also doing some Python work, so I'm planning on controlling war that way.

Oh, and since you're playing, would you mind testing my artwork out (post #204)? I made William and Harold, as well as a light Cavalry unit, but they have been causing crashes and I want to test if I've fixed them. If you don't know where to put them just tell me and I'll explain more. (Make sure you don't overwrite the original files, though, in case they still don't work.)

Thanks for the feedback!

I downloaded the art file. Question though: Will it break my current save and does it matter that I'm not playing William or Harold at the moment?

It won't affect your current save, but again be sure to keep the originals intact so if they don't work, you won't have to redownload the mod.
Just check in the Civilopedia for Harold and William, and if they appear correctly, then they must be in working order.

What's wrong with the Rathaus?
It should imo fit.

And i always forget to test your art :blush:, sorry.

Isn't the Rathaus a building? I'm looking for a unit. And don't sweat the art, but it'd be nice if you tested it. :)

Swiss guard?

Just from reading the article on that page, it seems the Swiss Guard was started in 1506 under the Papal States, not the Holy Roman Empire.

Keep the ideas coming though, lest I have to make something up. :D

Interesting. I was poking around the Medieval Total War Wiki, and I found some info on different types of Holy Roman Knights.

Here are my three options:

Gothic Cavalry: Pretty generic, but makes the most chronological sense.
Imperial Knight: Makes the most interesting and logical choice, but the least chronological sense.
Teutonic Knight: More strongly associated with Crusades, but do fit the later part of the time frame.

What do you guys think?

Interesting. I was poking around the Medieval Total War Wiki, and I found some info on different types of Holy Roman Knights.

Here are my three options:

Imperial Knight: Makes the most interesting and logical choice, but the least chronological sense.
Teutonic Knight: More strongly associated with Crusades, but do fit the later part of the time frame.

What do you guys think?

The imperial knight's definetly

I think I have fixed my artwork to work on Windows, so could someone test them out so I can be sure? I also included artdefine files if you just want to drop them in with the mod.

Thanks! :)

Download link

William doesn't work, but Harold and the cavalry do :).

Isn't the Rathaus a building? I'm looking for a unit.

:blush: should more concentrate while reading.

-> The most interesting choice.

Hmm, I missed a couple of skinpartitions in the teeth and eyes, but I don't know why I'd have to remove those. Anyway try the attached file. Could you post your artdefines, also? I just want to be sure that it is caused by bad art.

Well, two votes for Imperial Knights seem enough. Done. :)

I want to get all of the civs UUs and UBs in and get everything balanced so that I only have to do python releases instead of the entire mod. I'll post a list of things I need in a little bit, but if anyone has some ideas, shout 'em out!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot the file.
EDIT 2: Removed

Top Bottom