Wars of the Bronze Age

liaa

Chieftain

Historical mod about wars at the Bronze Age.

Total conversion:
* No Medieval and later age.
* New game pace: long researh, average construction, fast training.
* New unit system: units are rebuilded and replaced.
* Some other minor changes.

Current Version: 1.9 (19) Download (Stable for Civ.: 1.0.1.705. Remove the old versions!)

Choose a Wars of the Bronze Age game pace from the game pace Menu!

Patch Notes:

* Updated for Civ V G&K.
* Removed all modern civilization.
* Project Utopia required 3 branches.

---
Old versions:
Spoiler :

Version 1.0 (100)
- Release.

Version 1.1 (11)
- Renumbered versions.
- Chariot Archer have now become a little stronger.
- Slaves work at 33% slower.
- Copper is no longer found on the snow tiles.
- Fixed bug with Training Camp.

Version 1.2 (12)
- HotFix "Unable to load texture".

Version 1.3 (13) (Stable for Civ.: 1.0.1.167)
- Fix bug with ending of tech research.

Version 1.4 (14) (Stable for Civ.: 1.0.1.167)
- AI has no more happines advantage.
- AI has an additional Combat Strength and City Defense, depending on the level (10% on King, 20% on Emperor, 30% on Immortal, 40% on Deity).
- Researcher bonus from Libraries and Scientific School has been reduced.
- In Barbarians removed fines. Now they have to fear!
- Added a simple religious system: you can build various shrines, depending on the terrain on which the town is situated.
- Changed names of Great Generals. Now the heroes of the epic.
- Added new portraits.
- Added new graphics for units Slave and Longbowman (reskining).
- Finally fixed bug with Tech Tree.
- ...and few minor fix.

Version 1.5 (15) (Stable for Civ.: 1.0.1.217)
* New gameplay conception: Three Art of Civilization.
* Added new resources: Tin and Granite.
* Increased bonuses from religious buildings.
* Modified and improved some of the Wonders.
* Many buildings are modified.
* Improved the economy.
* Corrected title and time of the ages.
* Added new policy Punishers: unhappiness in captured cities redused by 50%.
* After the capture of the city it still has 75% of the population.
* Swordsman are improved, scouts are nerfed.
* You can use a STANDARD game pace as WotBA game pace when you play a SCENARIO.
* And few minor fix.

Version 1.6 (16) (Stable for Civ.: 1.0.1.275)
* Bronze Age comes later.
* Arabian Camel Archer has been upgraded.
* Combat strenght of Chariots has increased.
* For now Shrine of Sea provide +2 gold from Whale, not +2 culture.
* For now Sacred Cave provide +1 gold from Marble, not +1 culture.
* Republic provide +1 Production and +1 Food in every City.
* Cost of policies are nerfed.
* Fix some bugs.

Version 1.7 (17) (Stable for Civ.: 1.0.1.5XX)

* Updated for Civ.: 1.0.1.5XX

Version 1.8 (18) (Not relised)

---
Description:

The Bronze Age lasted from about 35 to 11 century BC. These were times of birth of the first civilizations, religions and appearance of the first wonders of the world. There was no great empires, the world was huge and dangerous: islands of civilization surrounded by barbarian tribes and wandering around wild animals. The main materials are metal and wood, and copper and its alloys, known as the bronze, was the top technological progress. People's lives at that time was short: hunger, disease, natural disasters - they hardly survive more than forty years, but during this short period of time, they hoarded and passed each other knowledge, create a culture, built temples and composed the poems. Every people held each other, armed with spears and copper axes, they often went to war to its neighbors that would capture prey or to resolve long-standing conflict. Strong rulers to create the first state and built huge megalithic structures, which even through the ages and remind us of the events of those ancient times.

Remain in this era, become one of the great rulers of those times and, having gained cultural or military victory, go into the history of the ancient world. Enjoy the battles and assaults into these long ancient times!

---
Browse in Steam Workshop!

----
Сomments are welcome!

---

I can't wait!

I'll try this out when i get home. Thanks for working on this, we need more bronze/classical focused mods.

Great idea! I will try this as soon I went back home. I loved TAM for Civ4, so any ancient conversion will need to be played. :)

Did you turn the researchagreements off? I think, it would be much more important then on normal research speed.

Thanks for feedback!

Great idea! I will try this as soon I went back home. I loved TAM for Civ4, so any ancient conversion will need to be played. :)

Did you turn the researchagreements off? I think, it would be much more important then on normal research speed.
Now in mod too little science and if we set the normal research speed, they very quickly come to an end. So I have tried to increase the time of research and for the same reason disabled Research Agreements.

I really enjoy it! Only playing on Warlord (still my 1st game) yet (Large, Dieter's Europe map, Rome), and it runs quite smooth. I only experienced that baracks + trainings camp together only give +15 EXP so far.

Version 1.1 (11) (Stable for Civ.: 1.0.1.141)
- Renumbered versions.

Note: Remove the old versions! There may be conflict.

Version 1.1 (11) (Stable for Civ.: 1.0.1.141)
- Renumbered versions.

Note: Remove the old versions! There may be conflict.

Old version removed, new one downloaded and installed. "Unable to load texture [WotBA_UnitsAtlas32.dds]"

(Warriors don't have Icons, only red squares.)

Edit: This report doesn't come once - seems like it pops up every time the player and AI try to move or activate their warriors. Makes the game pretty unplayable. Damn, I shouldn't have deleted the old version. :(

Old version removed, new one downloaded and installed. "Unable to load texture [WotBA_UnitsAtlas32.dds]"

(Warriors don't have Icons, only red squares.)

Edit: This report doesn't come once - seems like it pops up every time the player and AI try to move or activate their warriors. Makes the game pretty unplayable. Damn, I shouldn't have deleted the old version. :(

Omg. FIXED! Download ver. 12.

Thanks for rapid test!

I love this Mod ... but ... I finished the last tech in the tree available and now I can't go any further ... It keeps asking me to pick the next tech to research and since there aren't any I cant move on!!! :sad:

I love this Mod ... but ... I finished the last tech in the tree available and now I can't go any further ... It keeps asking me to pick the next tech to research and since there aren't any I cant move on!!! :sad:

hm, its a problem. I'll try to fix it quickly.

Le Sage avoided this by adding an infinite tech in his Hundred Years' War (I think its called Renaissance.)

yes, in the near future I'll do that latest science could learn a lot of times. Later, in version 2, will be another tech tree and there will be no such problems.

Version 1.3 (13) (Stable for Civ.: 1.0.1.167)
- Fix bug with ending of tech research.

did you mod the arabian special building 'bazaar', by chance?

i'm playing through as the arabians, and just built my first bazaar. when i try to trade away a luxury resource that was doubled, i get a crash-to-desktop. this happens repeatedly. not sure if i should report it here or more generally. this is with v. 12 of the mod.

good mod! i like the slow pace of the game through the bronze age!

edit: actually, any time i trade a luxury good, the game crashes. just traded one from a city that didn't have a bazaar.

did you mod the arabian special building 'bazaar', by chance?

i'm playing through as the arabians, and just built my first bazaar. when i try to trade away a luxury resource that was doubled, i get a crash-to-desktop. this happens repeatedly. not sure if i should report it here or more generally. this is with v. 12 of the mod.

good mod! i like the slow pace of the game through the bronze age!

edit: actually, any time i trade a luxury good, the game crashes. just traded one from a city that didn't have a bazaar.

well, i don't modify a bazaar. may be its a game bug :)

When we play in a vanila civilization 5, at the highest difficulty levels AI is always a little ahead of us in the sciences. Due to this, he has some аdvantages of a military force, as build more advanced units. AI is always superior to us in the military force. In the modn, where there is no change of age and the new units does not appear, AI
advantages of this deprived. Difficulty levels are not more levels of complexity as such, most importantly through the first war, continue to play a lot easier, because our opponent is not Blue Deep.

I think it is fair to return him to military Advantages of the high difficulty levels of artificial means. AI will get a bonus in combat strange: 10% for a King, 20% for the Emperor, 30% for a Immortal and 40% for a Deity.

Developers are vanilla civilization did not introduce a system of religions. But for the ancient people's religion was a significant part of life. So I, in anticipation of when Firaxis still return religion to the game, decided to implement a simple system of religion that would give the game some real. Now you can build the sanctuary of various gods and receive from them a small bonus.

Also I have made some new icons of buildings and units, you will see them too!
Version 1.4 (14) coming soon!

Top Bottom