Wars of the Bronze Age

Also I have made some new icons of buildings and units, you will see them too!
Version 1.4 (14) coming soon!

Great! I can't wait to lay my hands on the next version :)

Oh, do you know, how to run a premade map with your gamespeed? I was trying to play it on my Greece Map, but the "Advanced" button is greyed off, if "load Scenario" is actve - so only on of both is working to me. :confused:

Oh, do you know, how to run a premade map with your gamespeed? I was trying to play it on my Greece Map, but the "Advanced" button is greyed off, if "load Scenario" is actve - so only on of both is working to me. :confused:

I have not done scenario, so it's hard to say. I only know that if you make a map in worldbuilder and save it, then you can select it from the regular map menu.

Maybe your map activates the option of "load scenario". It was the same with Dieter's Europe Map. If you don't activate it, you should be able to go to "advanced options" and select the gamespeed. (I.e. you should be able to play Wars of the Bronze Age with your map.)

Maybe your map activates the option of "load scenario". It was the same with Dieter's Europe Map. If you don't activate it, you should be able to go to "advanced options" and select the gamespeed. (I.e. you should be able to play Wars of the Bronze Age with your map.)

Yes, I am able to deselect it, but then Civs dont start on their "rightfull" starting locations. You see? Its just a) I choose "load scenario" - then with fitting civs on fitting starting locations but no "Age of Bronce speed" or, b) I dont select "load scenario" - then the specific speed is able to use via "avanced settings" but the Civs/starting locatios may get mixed.

Finaly I was playing (around) a bit. I had to choose some official Game speed, so I was running it on my Greece map with fixed starting locations and on Marathon. See Attachement if you want to know more, or if you want to test yourself. Maybe some comments are releated to that - if so, then they are pointles of cource. Comments are unsorted just like they came into my mind:

- Thank you for making this Mod, its great fun to play.

- I love the Slaves, its just a minor thing and no different gamepaly at all, but it fits so well.

- You changed Civs and Wonders. Great! I always love non vanilla things.

- I felt, the techtree is to short. Some more techs would be very welcome.

- Tech "machinery" was in the loop to me: I developed it twice and more often, but never was able to build Catapults or Sawmills. You are working on techtree, so this will probably fixed with next version.

This is your Mod, so you plans may be totaly different - anyway I will add just some "I-personally-would-love-if...- things". First: Its pretty cool playing just the early ages. Anyway I personally felt there could be a little bit more variety in units, techs and Wonders. So how about ...

- ... adding Upgrades to some units? For example early on one can build "War Boats" which upgrades to "War Galley". Both are using the same unit-animation, but the stronger one is scales up +25% or so. Icons may beome a problem...

- adding some units in between the existing ones: Bronce Age is knwon for Chariot Warface, but Chariots date out fast. (just one Tech away Horsemen are waiting - and they are not even in Bronce Age era.) So how about replacing Horsemen with directly attacking Chariots? And moving Horsemen up to "Iron Age". (sidenote: "Iron Age" = something like "Future Era" in vanilla Civ5).

- ... renaming Wonders, so they fit Bronze Age better? "Minoan Riches" instead of "Machu Pichu", "Troian Horse" instead of "Brandenburg Gate" and so on. (btw, I missed the cultural and border expanding wonders like Angkor Wat.)

- ... renaming GPs or replacing them with Heros? If you need some help, I will try to make a list unsing mythological names.

- ... adding (& changing) some Ressources or just renaming them? Aluminium could do well if renamed to "cedars" or "construction timbers" or even to "limestone" or so. Sheeps could become more important and so on.

Just my 2 cts. :)

Attachments

• AoBronce Greece 80x60v1.0.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 190
henryMCVII, It will all be in version 2 where I'll do a new Tech tree and get rid of uncomfortable old. There can be added wonders, units and resources. In version 1, I just want to bring in a convenient form, those elements that are in the game and which can be used.

I can rename the GP in Hero, if you make a list of name. But not in 1.4. patch.

Slave is realistic ancient units! It would be nice to do that would be any "killed" unit was turned into a slave, then it could be used speed up construction in cities. And would have been a slave rebellion ... But it is only in the plans :)

henryMCVII, I looked at your scenario, but I do not know what is wrong. As I understand it, the desired gamepace will automatically be displayed when you checkboxes, but it is not occurs. The next time I'll try to add gamepace to the game selection menu.

henryMCVII, I looked at your scenario, but I do not know what is wrong. As I understand it, the desired gamepace will automatically be displayed when you checkboxes, but it is not occurs. The next time I'll try to add gamepace to the game selection menu.

Thank you for looking into my map/scenario. I have to say, I dont mind at all, if i "have" to play marathon or epic etc. it just may be some matter of balancing of course.

liaa said:
I can rename the GP in Hero, if you make a list of name.
Thats great! I love this little flavourish things much much more then playing with... Rommel etc in ancient times. :) Listing just heroes is pretty easy, Great Artist, Scientists, Merchants or Engeneers would be much harder to find. So here is a list, containing 50 well known and not so well known Heroes from Greek Mythology: Troian War Heroes, Argonauts, Epigones and so on. There still are much more to find.

Achilles
Agamemnon
Atreus
Odysseus/Ulysses
Hercules
Perseus
Theseus
Hector
Cadmus
Bellerophon
Ajax/Aios
Jason/Iason
Priamos
Paris/Alexandros
Dardanos
Aeneas
Menelaus
Telephus
Amphitrion
Sarpedon
Melanion
Pelias
Alkmaion
Amphiaraos
Amphilochos
Polydeukes
Androgeos
Antilochos
Archelaos
Meleagros
Peleus
Admetos
Tiphys
Lynkeus
Ascanius
Bias
Phegeus
Idaios
Diomedes
Demophon
Diktys
Philoktetes
Kastor
Polydeukes
Epeios
Agialeos
Sthenelos
Thersandros
Adrastos
Laodamas
Erechtheus

Oh, if you need some help for more research (for example searching names of bronce age wonders), then just tell.

Scientists:

• Agrippa the Skeptic
  • Alexander of Aegae
  • Basilides the Stoic
  • Epicurus
  • Heraclitus
  • Plato
  • Socrates
  • Aristotle (also engineer)
  • Thales (also engineer)
  • Herodotus
  • Polybius
  • Plutarch
  • Pliny the Younger
  • Cicero
  • Vergil

Many of them could also be used as Engineers, since ancient philosophy was pretty much about understanding everything, not only intellecual matters.

Artists:

• Homer
  • Plautus
  • Cicero
  • Vergil
  • Pliny the Elder
  • Lucan
  • Juvenal
  • Martial
  • Phaedrus
  • Pliny the Younger
  • Ovid
  • Euripides
  • Pindar
  • Sophocles
  • Aeschylos
  • Herodotus
  • Xenophon
  • Polybius
  • Plutarch
  • Easter Egg: The guy(s) who wrote the Bible. :lol:

There are some methodolocial problems however: Many literarians were also philosophers, historians etc. so where would you put them in? Anyhow, maybe this helps. :)

:) Nice idea mutant-enemy. Why not put in ancient scientists and artists, even if they are not from bronce age? I like that. Here are my (still short) lists for same categories. Maybe they could be sorted different, or just left out, if liaa thinks, they dont fit.

Great Sientists: wise (partially just old) men, seers, priests, light/fire bringers, teachers ...
Prometheus
Cheiron
Akademos
Amphiaraos
Nestor
Dares
Cassandra
Butes
Phineus
Melampus
Euandros
Helenos

Great Engineers (mythical master-builders)
Agamedes
Trophonios
Talos

Great Artists (mythical artists, instrumentalists, weavers and so)
Daidalos
Amphion
Orpheus
Arachne
Daphnis
Marsyas

yeah, need great generals, merchants and engeneers. In vanilla civ for 36 names of each type. I think as merchants we can use travelers and adventures.

I think as merchants we can use travelers and adventures.

Okay, here is my list of ancient travelers, admirals and geographs. Some of them probably will fit in better for Great Scientist.

Pytheas of Masslia
Androsthenes of Thasos
Callistratus of Thasos
Archias of Pella
Admiral Nearchus
Colaeus
Eudoxus of Cyzicus
Euthymenes
Hippalus
Patrocles
Scylax of Caryanda
Simmias
Agatharchides of Cnidus
Artemidorus of Ephesus
Agathedaemon of Alexandria
Deimachus
Autolycus of Pitane
Aristobulus of Cassandreia
Alexander Polyhistor
Agathemerus
Eratosthenes
Dionysius of Byzantium
Dicaearchus
Hipparchus
Isidore of Charax
Hecataeus of Miletus
Heliodorus of Athens
Megasthenes
Theophilus
Strabo
Staphylus of Naucratis
Scymnus
Pseudo-Scymnus
Posidonius
Polemon of Athens

Ancient Generals:

Greek:
Agathocles of Syracuse
Archidamus III
Epaminondas of Thebes
Leonidas I.
Pericles
Perdiccas
Phillip II. of Macedon
Pyrrhus of Epirus
Themistocles
Timotheus
Xenarchos

Roman:
Marcus Aemilius Lepidus
Gaius Flavius Antoninus
Marcus Antonius
Marcus Iunius Brutus
Gaius Julius Caesar
Appius Claudius Caudex
Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa
Scipio Africanus
Sulla Gaius Augustus
Marcus Licinius Crassus
Quintus Fulvius Flaccus
Gaius Octavius
Tiberius Claudius Nero
Cincinnatus
Pompey the Great
Gaius Marius

Others:
Vercingetorix
Hannibal Barca
Sun Tzu
Han Xin
David of Israel
Cyrus the Great
Xerxes I.
Darius I.
Spartacus

Edit: Now it's 36. ;)

Ancient Engineers

Imhothep
Archimedes
Pheidias (artist/engineer)
Aristobulus of Cassandreia (architect as well)
Meton of Athens
Craterus
Diades of Pella
Mandrocles
Harpalus
Gorgus
Eupalinos (architect as well)
Epimachus of Athens
Philo of Byzantium
Polyidus of Thessaly
Poseidonius
Abdaraxus
Ctesibius
Hero of Alexandria
Sostratus of Cnidus
Athenaeus Mechanicus
Vitruvius
Sextus Julius Frontinus

ancient Architects

Agnaptus
Callicrates
Chersiphron
Daedalus
Dinocrates
Hermogenes of Priene
Hippodamus of Miletus
Ictinus
Metagenes
Mnesikles
Aelius Nicon
Parmenion
Phaeax
Philon
Pythis
Theodorus of Samos
Satyros
Sostratus of Cnidus

last version. should be checked and supplemented.
Spoiler :

Artists

1 Aeschylos
2 Amphion
3 Arachne
4 Cicero
5 Daidalos
6 Daphnis
7 DU_FU
8 Euripides
9 Herodotus
10 Homer
11 Juvenal
12 KALIDAS
13 LI_PO
14 LING_LUN
15 Lucan
16 Marsyas
17 Martial
18 Orpheus
19 Ovid
20 Phaedrus
21 Pindar
22 Plautus
23 Pliny the Elder
24 Plutarch
25 Polybius
26 Sophocles
27 THESPIS
28 VALMIKI
29 Vergil
30 WANG_XIZHI
31 Xenophon

Engineers

1 Abdaraxus
2 Aelius Nicon
3 Agamedes
4 Agnaptus
5 Archimedes
06 Callicrates
07 Chersiphron
08 Craterus
09 Ctesibius
10 Diades of Pella
11 Dinocrates
12 Epimachus of Athens
13 Eupalinos
14 Gorgus
15 Harpalus
16 Ictinus
17 Imhothep
18 Meton of Athens
19 Mandrocles
20 Metagenes
21 Mnesikles
22 Parmenion
23 Phaeax
24 Pheidias
25 Philo of Byzantium
26 Philon
27 Polyidus of Thessaly
28 Pythis
29 Satyros
30 Sostratus of Cnidus
31 Talos
32 Theodorus of Samos
33 Trophonios
34 Vitruvius

SCIENTIST

01 Agrippa the Skeptic
02 Akademos
03 AL_KHWARIZMI
04 Alexander of Aegae
05 Amphiaraos
06 ARISTOTLE
07 ARYABHATA
08 Butes
09 Basilides the Stoic
10 Cassandra
11 Cheiron
12 Dares
13 Daedalus
14 Epicurus
15 Euandros
16 EUCLID
17 Heraclitus
18 HYPATIA
19 Helenos
20 Melampus
21 MERIT_PTAH
22 Nestor
23 NABU_RIMANNI
24 Phineus
25 Plato
26 Pliny the Younger
27 Prometheus
28 PTOLEMY
29 Socrates
30 Thales
31 XI_LING_SHI
32 ZU_CHONGZHI

merch

01 Agatharchides of Cnidus
02 Agathedaemon of Alexandria
03 Agathemerus
04 Alexander Polyhistor
05 Androsthenes of Thasos
06 Archias of Pella
07 Aristobulus of Cassandreia
08 Artemidorus of Ephesus
09 Autolycus of Pitane
10 Colaeus
11 Deimachus
12 Dicaearchus
13 Eratosthenes
14 Eudoxus of Cyzicus
15 Euthymenes
16 HANNO
17 HARKUF
18 Hecataeus of Miletus
19 Heliodorus of Athens
20 Hippalus
21 Hipparchus
22 Isidore of Charax
23 Megasthenes
24 Patrocles
25 Polemon of Athens
26 Posidonius
27 Pseudo-Scymnus
28 PYTHEAS
29 Pytheas of Masslia
30 Scylax of Caryanda
31 Scymnus
32 Simmias
33 Staphylus of Naucratis
34 Strabo
35 Theophilus
36 ZHANG_QIAN

GG

01 Agathocles of Syracuse
02 Archidamus III
03 ARMINIUS
04 Achilles
05 Ajax
06 CAO_CAO
06 CHANDRAGUPTA_MAURYA
07 Cyrus the Great
08 David of Israel
09 Epaminondas of Thebes
10 GAIUS_MARIUS
11 HAMILCAR_BARCA
12 Han Xin
13 Hannibal Barca
14 LEONIDAS
15 LYSANDER
16 Phillip II. of Macedon
17 Pyrrhus of Epirus
18 Pericles
19 Perdiccas
20 SARGON
21 SCIPIO_AFRICANUS
22 Spartacus
23 Sun Tzu
24 Themistocles
25 Timotheus
26 VERCINGETORIX
27 Vercingetorix
28 Xenarchos
29 Xerxes I.

henryMCVII, your first list .. I'm sorry, but I do not know who ALL these people :). Could you put them into types on the list?

mb rename also:

artist - ...
engineer - Architect (?)
sciencist - ...
GG - Hero
Merch. - Traveler

henryMCVII, your first list .. I'm sorry, but I do not know who ALL these people :). Could you put them into types on the list?

The very first list from Achilles to Erechtheus? These all are Mythological Bronce Age Great Generals. All are mythological Greek Heroes: Heroes from Troian War, Heroes from the Argonauts Move to Kolchis, Heroes from the Battle(s) against Theben and so on.

If you want historical and really bronce age Generals/Heroes, not just ancient from later periods, then real bronce age names are very hard to find. Probably nearly impossible, exept you uses just kings names - but kings names feels distort to me, since they lead Civilizations. Anyway, at least a few names of the list may had have some kind of historically model, Alexandros (Paris) for example.

yes, i understand that real bronce age names are very hard to find. Well, okey, i make a names and upload ver 1.4

Did not check your lists very deep, but ... look:

1. Are the names in CAPITALS (like ZU_CHONGZHI) intentional? Looks strange to me and I wonder why they are written that way. Probably this is just in this list here, not suggested for later use. :)

2. This:
26 VERCINGETORIX
27 Vercingetorix

;)

I liked the idea of replacing the usual names in the names of ancient heroes, but in a game many civilizations, and so I left some names out of vanilla game. It would be nice that would be every civilization had its own list of heroes, I do not know the extent practicable

Top Bottom