weakest triats

what is the weakest warlord trait(inc vanilla)

• charismatic

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • protective

Votes: 123 29.3%
  • imperialistic

Votes: 81 19.3%
  • agresive

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Creative

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Expansive

Votes: 64 15.2%
  • Industrious

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Financial

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Organized

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Philosophical

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Spiritual

Votes: 30 7.1%

• Total voters
I think you could make the same arguement about virtually any trait...

Exactly! You can't deny that cultural gives an advantage in cultural battles, and I won't deny that agressive gives and advantage in combat. And this is a big part of Civ isn't it? Leveraging your advantages :)

And while you're feeling good about your culturally superior equivalent city, I'll take my aggressive army and raze your little cultural paradise. No more boarder problem. :goodjob:

Don't make me say what I did not say ;)

I think you could make the same arguement about virtually any trait... two idenically sized empires and ORG will have the advantage. Two civ's with identical amounts of GP points coming in - PHI will have the advantage. Two offensive armies - AGG will have the advantage. There's so many other factors that you have to consider. A well placed GP could easily change the tide of a culture battle.

And while you're feeling good about your culturally superior equivalent city, I'll take my aggressive army and raze your little cultural paradise. No more boarder problem. :goodjob:

Haha! Excellent point. However, for cultural civ, even after the first border pop, I can build (whip?) very cheap theater. That plus the +2 (from leader trait) and my borders will pop again much more quickly than a non-creative civ. It's easier IMO for post captured cities to regain territory against another civs borders. I've experienced it every time I play as a CRE leader. I always deal with less starvation and I can usually push back on my rivals borders after a while.

It's definitely not my favorite trait, but I think it is more powerful than most will give it credit. I believe all traits have their merits. Protective has got to be the most useless for a human player, however, it is very effective for the AI.

Exactly! You can't deny that cultural gives an advantage in cultural battles, and I won't deny that agressive gives and advantage in combat. And this is a big part of Civ isn't it? Leveraging your advantages :)

Haha! Excellent point. However, for cultural civ, even after the first border pop, I can build (whip?) very cheap theater. That plus the +2 (from leader trait) and my borders will pop again much more quickly than a non-creative civ. It's easier IMO for post captured cities to regain territory against another civs borders. I've experienced it every time I play as a CRE leader. I always deal with less starvation and I can usually push back on my rivals borders after a while.

Yes, yes, I agree. Alas, Creative is not a trait that I personally find helpful to my style of play. But everyone has presented a good argument for Creative. The Creative trait would be proud of you. :goodjob:

Looks like the crowd favorites right now are: Aggressive, Charismatic, Financial, Industrious, and Philosophical.

The least favored five are: Protective, Imperialistic, Expansive, Creative, and Spiritual.

I'm a bit surprised that people don't like Spiritual that much. I always thought it was a strong trait, though it did get nerf'd quite a bit in BTS. I thought Organized would be higher too. Otherwise though, I think I pretty much agree with this.

Actually, you can't say what the favorites are considering everyone voted for their least favorite.

Who knows, perhaps all the people who voted for anything else than spiritual have spiritual on top of their list as preferred trait :crazyeye:

who said I loooove spiritual? :mischief:

Protective, expansionism, creative.

In course.. those traits have benefits, but other traits are more useful.

Expansive is a lot better in BtS now that factories give up 5:yuck: and coal plants give 4:yuck:, spies can poison your water, and the :health: you start with with is lower. Protective got somewhat better now that gunpowder units can get drill.

I dunno. But I like industrious alot.

Actually, you can't say what the favorites are considering everyone voted for their least favorite.

Who knows, perhaps all the people who voted for anything else than spiritual have spiritual on top of their list as preferred trait :crazyeye:

who said I loooove spiritual? :mischief:

Yeah, that's true... I just figured that the traits that got voted the least must be people's favorites. But, that's a valid arguement.

Top Bottom