Welcome New Members

Howdy all,
i have been playing civ 4 and 5 for years, but am just now starting to create mods,
Kael's Modders guide has been quite helpful.

Hello,
I'm back into the Civ Universe. I had the original Civ on a PC years back. That has long since fried but now I'm playing Civ 4 on a MacBook and wondering how to get through the Desert War scenario. Maybe that's too ambitious for a RE-beginner? I hope I can find some useful tips on the threads here.
Thanks for all your help, in advance!

Hello,
I have been playing CIV 5 for a year now and have been visiting this site from time to time. Good to be here and know you all.

I'm newbie and want to ask a simple question.

In Civ2 the board consists of diamonds. I find I can only move to half of these diamonds using the up/down/right/left arrow keys. Is it possible to move to the other half of the diamonds on the board (ie, board spaces), and if so, how?

--Clueless

Hi all.

I've been a lurker on the forum for months just checking out strategies and mods for Civ5.

After seeing all the posts on here I have one question that I haven't been able to figure out: I have noticed that players, when in the tech select screen, are able to select the next tech to be researched by having a number placed next to it. How is this done?

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the forum, but a vet of the games going back to the first ever iteration of it. I'm currently working on a dissertation which uses the political side of Civ [and other leadership games] as a case study for politics in video games as well, so I'll be honest and say that my main goal is to get a few answers from the fanatics of the game themselves.

Having said that, I'm also a big Civ fan and will be marking out like a big girls blouse about mods and such as well :).

I'm totally new to Civ after being an avid TotalWar follower for the last ten years. Have played and replayed it to death and now a bit bored. Quick question, what Civ should I start with. Please don't discount 5 because of Steam. Have been using Steam for ages now with no problems.

I haven't played CIv for a few years - stopped at CivIII. Just got a copy of Civ4 but can't run it on my Win7 laptop. Am I just too late to return to Civ???

not sure where I need to post, but here's my dilemma (I also posted this after a long thread from a guy who ran into the wall called Steam...)
Hi there--
Here's a series of emails between me and Steam… Gods of Civ, I hope you can save me here...
From me:
""I'm just trying to install Civ 5 off a brand new disk/set I purchased thru Amazon.com... the Steam screen says "the product you've entered has already been activated by an existing Steam account and is therefore invalid. Your activation of Civ V GOTY (Mac) has not been completed."
I just purchased a new Macbook Pro and thought I'd reward myself by learning Civ V after playing Civ 3 for years. And now I can't even get started. I foolishly forgot to look at the reviews on Amazon--there are about 10 that describe this exact problem and detail huge issues with Steam and customer support. "
This being said, I'd reeeeeally like to play my game...
Steam replied:
"If you do not have access to the email address that is currently associated with your Steam Account, please reply to this ticket with your new email address and proof of ownership of your account:
Providing Proof of Purchase
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2268-EAFZ-9762
In order for us to assist you with updating the account’s contact email address, you must provide valid proof of purchase for the account in question. "
So I sent them a jpeg pic of my CD code with my ticket number on it and they replied:
"Please provide any possible Steam account names or email addresses you may have used previously. " so I replied "I first signed up for Steam when trying to use the disc that wouldn't work--not sure if registration completed, but here's my info:
ID: editedoutxxx
email: xxxxxx"
so what does Steam say next? Yep:
"It appears the key you have is registered to another account. You will need to prove that the account is yours. "
Well golly, isn't that what I said in the first email?? So after a very irritated email reply from me AND a direct forward of my Amazon.com e-receipt, Steam says:
"The CD Key you have provided has been previously registered to and played by another Steam account. Unfortunately, used CD Keys cannot be activated via Steam. This includes used CD Keys received as gifts, resold by an individual or purchased from a store selling used goods. If you have recently purchased this product, please contact the seller to discuss a refund or exchange. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding."
I mean--SERIOUSLY!?? THE SOLUTION IS TO GIVE UP AND GET A REFUND FROM AMAZON? (btw, Amazon already said they'd give me a full refund). BUT I WANT TO PLAY THE FRACKKIN' GAME!
SO-- I don't suppose you all can help me here? And why would Sid Myers EVER sell the soul of His game to an evil cesspool like Steam? PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE! If you can help me then I will build an e-temple in your honor after I install Gods & Kings.

Hello all

I'm a newbie for forum and game. I want to play mods but I have no idea how can I play. could anyone help me?

Suggest just learn the basics of the game first, then start playing mods. G&K is a great game and there is no need to rush into playing mods if you are just starting out. However if you really want to play a mod straight away, subscribe to it in Steam and it should download it for you. Then start the game, click mods and put a tick next to the mod that was downloaded and play.

Enjoy the great game.
Cheers

Thank you for the reply sir! actually, you are right. I've never finished any game yet. firstly should finish a game then I can try mods.

thank you again.

Hi all

I'm new to Civ but have been playing strategy games on pc for years (how have i avoided this gem i don't know :) ). Just finished my first full playthrough of Civ V G&K and enjoyed every second. Managed to win in the 90's through conquest although i set out for a science victory but couldn't help but see what a nuke looked like :).

I enjoy intelligent discussion and friendly debates. The kind of discussions i can't have with my RL friends as they are not strategy gamers.

See you on the forums

Danny

Top Bottom