Welcome New Members

Hi !

I am playing Civ 1 since it was launched. For some reason I didn't like the rest quite as much as the original.

Hi all,

I'm a long time CIV player (got fully hooked back in the days of CIV II).

I peaked playing CIV during CIV IV, especially with the mod 'Fall from Heaven'. If ever there was a great combination of CIV and fantasy, that was it.

I've been lurking this site to see if any such mod is being made for CIV V. There are a few initiatives, but nothing beyond alpha stage yet. Apparently unit graphics are the bottleneck.

Cheers, JurGor

Actually just got all of civilization 3 and civilization IV including all the add on packs. I am a soldier in the United States Army, I am a medic and love my job, currently deployed so gives me something to take my mind off the regular every day stuff we have to do here (yes I am on the front lines of it with my guys) I have played the colonization one so far and liked it, definitely takes some getting used too but hopefully I'll get better at it.

Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service!

Enjoy the game, and these forums -- you will find lots of good advice.

I've been an avid Civ player since Civ II, but I didn't get really into anything after II. Civ V re-ignited my love for the series.

Hello there!

I'm new here but ofcourse not new to civ 1. I've been playing it for a long time and none of the newer civilization games quite measure up though I occasionally try them anyway. I really enjoy the simplicity and the feeling that anything could happen (like a phalanx stopping my bomber, all hail the incredible spear throwing phalanx). Cya all on the forums I'll try to be active though I am quite busy and usually don't think I have all that much to contribute anyway.

Hi, fellow civi addicts!
Well, first of all, I'm probably not the person you would expect to have an account on civfanatics.com.
I'm fourteen year old girl, who lives in Denmark.
But I'm not as lost in this game, as you would think. Surely, I may not be an expert at all, but I do enjoy and understand how to play!

My level (if I am gonna win) is between warlord and noble.
I've known this page for a few months, and are kind of addicted to the disscusions already! Really great page!

Finally, please excuse my formulations (is that the right word???) and spelling, but I'm just a 7th grader, who knows the basic English they teach us en school :)

Hello to All!

I have only recently "discovered" Civ 5! A friend of mine told me I would love it but I didn't believe him. So I bought the game last Friday and I have been playing it ever since! I also got the expansion pack and some DLC packs as well. I am officially hooked and I owe my friend a lunch! LOL! :)

Hello all!

Member from back in 2004, but only just got back into the series with V. Just got it this last week and haven't stopped playing it yet.

I've been lurking for some time now, but finally saying hello to everybody. I've been playing Civ series since CIV I in the early 1990s.

Hello all, came here looking for the old Railroad Tycoon, had it many years ago and was addicted, that was though before I had internet, hope I feel the same way about it now

Hi all.

Civ5 is my first foray into the series. I guess I have the Steam DVD version (which I dislike) so I don't know if I have the G+K expansion or not.

I am currently 66 turns into my first game, and enjoying it quite a bit so far.

Hope to delve more into the forums to pick up tips and whatnot to make my experience more enjoyable. :)

Hi all.
I am a great fan of the CIV1, as a perceive it as the best pc game of my teen age. I have played it 1000s times on the emperor level and I often go back for time to time to play in once again.
I hope we can exchange our ecperience to make the play of this game even more enjoyable :)

Hi all.

Civ5 is my first foray into the series. I guess I have the Steam DVD version (which I dislike) so I don't know if I have the G+K expansion or not.

I am currently 66 turns into my first game, and enjoying it quite a bit so far.

Hope to delve more into the forums to pick up tips and whatnot to make my experience more enjoyable. :)

hi :) I'm pretty new also, only played civ4 and civ 5. if you have g&k then there will be a white dove at the top of your screen showing your available faith. thats the only way I can think of your knowing if you have the expansion without exiting your game. you're only 66 turns in, so you prob don't have a spy yet. religion and spying are only offered in the g&k expansion. I recommend that you get it when you get comfortable with civ 5! I loooooooove it. also, the dlc, for different civs-like korea, the huns, etc. is also great. I liked playing with the new civs and switching it up. not to make this so long, but the guide to the game that includes the expansion and dlc is worth the dough imo. happy civving!

Actually just got all of civilization 3 and civilization IV including all the add on packs. I am a soldier in the United States Army, I am a medic and love my job, currently deployed so gives me something to take my mind off the regular every day stuff we have to do here (yes I am on the front lines of it with my guys) I have played the colonization one so far and liked it, definitely takes some getting used too but hopefully I'll get better at it.

My hubby is in the Army too. Thank you for your service. Hang in there....if ya need some cheering up lemme know where to send a care package. Do you have a guide for your game? Hubby and I like to read them, or rifle through for info when a new game comes out. It helped me out a lot with civ 5. He damn near played out civ IV, so if you have questions just ask and I'll get back to you.

Top Bottom