Welcome New Members

Hi. I bought Civ IV over a year ago, but I stayed away from it; was afraid to even open the box, because I knew I would become addicted and find myself up until 6 am playing. And sure enough, recently I went ahead and installed it, and last night I didn't go to sleep, until 6:30 am (if you can call that night). Great game . . . I have to find a way to play in moderation!

I am new to civ4. Have been lurking for a couple of weeks and have increased my game significantly. Thanks for all the tips!

Hi to all Civ 4 Fans from NZ (the sunny green place at the bottom of the world) I found this site to solve some problems and have learned alot. so thanks to the old hands. I have been able to fix some of my friends problems as well, there is nothing better than a happy Civ 4 player or worse when you lose your CD/DVD player

Civ Rocks and so dos New Zealand

Hello!! My name's Sirius, i Started playing Civ III in 2000 I think, so that's my seventh year I play this marvelous game. However I'm not really good, I only play as prince, and i passed two years at playing only as Settler, pretty simple, but then I played with my dadas Noble, and i was crushed, from then I played again with him as Monarch, now he plays as Emperor, and I was pretty good until the rinascimental age, then I lose to the others, now I play as Prince. I'm here to aquire some experience and some comment from y'all ^_^

Hi evryone and Go Red Sox! I 1st played Civ3 in 2001 or early '02 and am currently playin' BTS

Hello World! :)

I've not played Civ games very much, (started playing Civ3 in Dec '06) but I hope I can find good strategies for Civ 1, 2 and 3 here (NO, I don't want to play Civ4!).

Howdy Everyone,
Been playing CivIII for a while, finally got CivIV Gold and Beyond the sword.
Still getting used to CivIV warlords but I cannot get my BTS to work but I look forward to playing it.

Hi All,

Long time Civ addict here (II, III, and now IV). Been playing vanilla IV since it came out.

Also a long time lurker on this site, and want to express my appreciation to all the contributors. I've learned a lot, and gotten a lot of new ideas from these forums. It really is a great community. And thanks to the staff for making it possible!:goodjob:

I finally registered for the forums because I don't think I can fight the urge to participate in the GOTM any longer. (I remember monitoring GOTM #1 many moons ago, and have been in and out since.) I know I'll get crushed, but I want to try anyway. :dunno:

So Warlords and BTS should be on thier way! I'm excited, but a bit worried as well. It really sounds like these expansions change the game a LOT. Luckily though, I think this month's GOTM is vanilla. So here I am!

:king:

Good Evening everyone

(if It's evening in your timezone :)

Came into contact with civ with iteration #3 and have resently come back with civ4 plus expansions.

gaming history, a long time ago I were an avid Master of Orion2 player and still havent forgiven the developers for what they did to that franchise in MOO3 ( in that regard Civilization have been handled a LOT better!!!) (MOO3, or how to kill a franchise)

Other than that I play Hearts of Iron2 Doomsday in singleplayer an multiplayer and rpg games when i can get the time to (having an intensive social life and a fiance cuts deeply into game quality time :cry:

I belonged to a group called restarters anonymous among baldurs gate fans.

and I seem to utterly suck at CIV4 sofar :goodjob:
(cant stop playing vikings and they dont fit my playstyle (Builder who gets very annoyed when the ai declares war on my puny military)

getting my a$$ handled to me on noble and looking forward to participate in the game of the month feature.

Good gaming everyone!

/C

Papa Ed, Thats me. Faster than a Speeding Pit Wadd, Stronger than a Stretchy Rubber Band, and able to leap pickle jars in a single bound, It' Papa!:lol: :eek: :king:

I'm not sure you CAN play with a PC and Mac, especially because the Mac patches are released AFTER the PC patches, and how will the Mac users play Multiplayer at all until their patch gets released? :crazyeye:
I can confirm that it works. We might find problems as we get further into the game but the basic capability seems to be fine.

:D Hello everyone! I've been playing Civ since Civ II and look forward to being a part of this community.

Hi everyone,

Long time Civ fan. Can remember the days when you had to swap four discs on the Amiga to play Civ 1. Played all Civs since and offshoots. Though stopped playing Civ 4 for best part of 2 years due to the CTD. Fortunately, found the solution on this site and have been happily playing it for the last 2 months or so.

Cheers

HI to all of yooouuu!!!
I'm from Croatia and started playing CIV 4 a year ago and it was my first CIV I've ever played, so when I first started playing it was a bit confusing. a very hard-take-timing for me to learn how to play if you know what I mean to say... with all those great wonders, generating great people, hammers to increase production seemed so complex for me... and all other things to say the least... But nevermind, I'm here now to share my experience with you for the last past year and enjoy playing it on and on again...
thanx

Hello, everyone! It's good to be in a forum that supports Civilization.
My Civ journey began when I was about 8, around 2001 when I discovered the game. I played TOT the most (yeah I know, Civ 2 is better) when I started playing it, I would not stop until I had won. I bought Civ 4 last July, but I only started playing it heaps in December.

W00T I GOT BTS TODAY!

To all the newcomers, I say welcome. To the previous members, I say hello!

Top Bottom