Welcome New Members

As I have academic responsibilities. ( I teach political science at a community college.) I will keep this brief. I have played civ, on and off, since the original Civilization first appeared. I jst bought Civ 4, and am trying hard not to get adddicted.
I must confess that as aciv4 newbie, I often find the game a little frustrating., to say the least.Perhaps I can discuss some of my headaches in this forum.
Some personal details are in order.
I am 51 years old, and I have a ph.D in political science( political Theory/American government) from the University of Virginia. My doctorate was aan analysis of the thought and statesmanship of Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass. Despite all that education, I am currently a very low-paid adjunct instructor.
One of my outlets is computer strategy games ( Age of Empires, Hearts of Iron, and, of course, Civ itself. I alsso have a web-site Joe's forum.com, devoted to, among many other things, book and movie reviews, and occasional caustic commnetary from an independent conservative position.
I look forward to occasionally posting on this site.

hi all.

I just got the "civilization complete" and now I am going to find some mods to add, also.

[what mods would you all recommend for my VISTA machine that are mainly
centered around improving the images and the graphics of the towns, people, interface, etc? got to be workable with patch 3.19 and vista without the UAC.]

I am 68 and live in tallahassee, florda, usa.

so just a hello for everyone and soon I will install my new game.

thanks..freestone

Welcome to CFC. :D

I don't know if this is what you are asking for, but Blue Marble is a mod what will improve the terrain textures, making them look more realistic. It also changes the interface I believe.

Hello Civ world.

DerBürokrat;8267150 said:
Hoi everybody!

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom / advice and
putting much effort into writing guides! So even I, being too lazy to
register for a while, was able to improve my way of playing
Civ ( IV BTS 3.19). Thx.

Hello to you! Welcome to CFC. :beer:

hello, newb here, been playing the CivRev game on Xxox foor a month or two, hopelessly addicted.

Aren't we all. :p Welcome.

As I have academic responsibilities. ( I teach political science at a community college.) I will keep this brief. I have played civ, on and off, since the original Civilization first appeared. I jst bought Civ 4, and am trying hard not to get adddicted.
I must confess that as aciv4 newbie, I often find the game a little frustrating., to say the least.Perhaps I can discuss some of my headaches in this forum.
Some personal details are in order.
I am 51 years old, and I have a ph.D in political science( political Theory/American government) from the University of Virginia. My doctorate was aan analysis of the thought and statesmanship of Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass. Despite all that education, I am currently a very low-paid adjunct instructor.
One of my outlets is computer strategy games ( Age of Empires, Hearts of Iron, and, of course, Civ itself. I alsso have a web-site Joe's forum.com, devoted to, among many other things, book and movie reviews, and occasional caustic commnetary from an independent conservative position.
I look forward to occasionally posting on this site.

Wow, quite an educated individual. But it's good to see you still have the time to play great games! :D

hey members

I'm new to the forum but have been playin civ for a long time...not as long as most of you but I started with civ 3 and haven't stopped snice =)

Hey all, DFBATTLER here. I've been checking this forum for references, project tracking, and the Sid Meier's Civilization series in general. Show me around ;)

I'm new to this forum but not to Civ. Been playing since the first civ. Civ 3 was a favorite and I didn't like Civ 4 at first but found epic speed and got the hang of it. Now I can't stop! I miss the some of the military stuff from conquests but other then that its a great time.

G'Day everyone! :cheers:

Have been playing Civ for a LONG time now. I am 38 & do order entry for Siemens here in Australia. I am a RPG fanatic (ie-D&D, White Wolf etc) also enjoy PC gaming (when i find the time)

Just thought i'd stop by & say hello. :wavey:

Howdy Folks! Just checking in. I'm a fan of Civ2 TOT. Been playing it off and on since I bought my copy in 1999. Just really enjoy the game. I first as exposed to Civ back in '93 due to a friends addiction to it. I soon became addicted as well...lol. I gotta check with the CivII forums for the fix to get my edition running on Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I hope I can get it fixed!

Nice meeting you all

Llew

G'Day everyone! :cheers:

Have been playing Civ for a LONG time now. I am 38 & do order entry for Siemens here in Australia. I am a RPG fanatic (ie-D&D, White Wolf etc) also enjoy PC gaming (when i find the time)

Just thought i'd stop by & say hello. :wavey:

G'day and welcome to the forums, and welcome everyone else. :twitch:

Howdy,

I'm new on this forum having just learned about it while searching for a solution to my problem. I've been playing Civilization for years, as well as the old Colonization. Recently, I accidently erased Civ III Gold Edition from my PC and after turning the house upside down, I find I cannot locate the second install CD. Is there a way to get it replaced, copied, downloaded, etc? I don't want to steal it as I purchased it legitimately several years ago.

I thought it might be a good excuse to just switch to Civ IV, but I have such mixed feelings (and little success) with the new Colonization based on the Civ IV engine, I'd really rather keep playing Civ III for now.

If anyone has a suggestion I'd very much like to learn it.

Hope to be around as I've already gotten some ideas from reading on the forum that have made me rethink my game strategy.

Andy

Hi all. I've been playing Civ 4 for a while now and am often annoyed at the, quite frankly, ridiculous combat with animals and barbarians in the early stages. Just now my +10% warrior on a forested hill was killed by a barbarian warrior crossing a river. The combat log showed something like 3.6% odds (I can't check now as I selected the "Quit game" option in disgust). It makes me feel like "why bother?". I like the game but it messes with my head too much when these things happen - and they do seem to happen much more often than they have a right to. Anyone else similarly frustrated?

Hello all,

I am just a teenager in his sweet-sixteens with a love and addiction for Civilizations games. I have Civ3Gold and prefer Civ3 than Civ4 which turned me down with its demo. I don't play a lot but Civ3 is still my favourite game. My nature in the game is combat-oriented, I like to bully small civilizations and submit to the tough only to break them apart by opening second fronts when the chance comes. None of my victories in Civ3 was done through peaceful means.

I created this account a while back, probably 2 years.

---

Edit: Did I post this in the wrong section? It says Civ4 -General Discussions but when I tried to post I was directed here instead.

Hello Abtacha,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our forums before! Why not make your first post by saying hello to our community in the New Member Introductions thread and become an active member today?

Well, hi. :)

Hi all. I've been playing Civ 4 for a while now and am often annoyed at the, quite frankly, ridiculous combat with animals and barbarians in the early stages. Just now my +10% warrior on a forested hill was killed by a barbarian warrior crossing a river. The combat log showed something like 3.6% odds (I can't check now as I selected the "Quit game" option in disgust). It makes me feel like "why bother?". I like the game but it messes with my head too much when these things happen - and they do seem to happen much more often than they have a right to. Anyone else similarly frustrated?

You need to get used to them odds. A 3.6% chance still has a reasonable degree of failure - almost 4 times out of one hundred it will fail. Unfortunately for you, it was one of them times. It can also work in your favour, so don't whine too much about it. ;)

Top Bottom