Welcome

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Welcome to the new Mac Civ5 forum.

Aspyr have announced that they will release Civ5 for the Mac, so please use this forum to share and discuss the information we have about the release.

Please let's focus on the technical and commercial issues around this product, and try to avoid any platform bigotry :)

I have moved the existing related threads over here from the Civ4 Mac forum.

Thanks for setting this up, Alan.

Will there need to be separate saves for the Game of the Month?
The only reason we have to build separate saves for Civ4 xOTMs is because the HoF/BUFFY mods are not cross-platform.

Several major unknowns stand in the way of an answer to your question:

- The custom DLL part of the SDK hasn't been released, so we don't yet know if a security mod is possible. As it stands today, Civ5 is totally insecure for competition purposes.

- Assuming we can build a security mod at all, we don't know what level of mod compatibility is in Aspyr's plans. So we don't know if it can be cross-platform.

Check your advanced set-up options. If you designated Germany to be in an earlier game, it will keep showing up until you clear those settings, even if you pick Germany as your civ.

For fun, start a game as the Zulu with 7 Zulu opponents.

I'm wondering if anyone else has trouble playing Civ 5 on their Mac... The fans go like crazy and the bottom of my laptop feels like a red-hot barbecue grill after only a short while. I see others playing this game constantly on PCs without a problem. In 2010 I actually broke my hard drive playing Civ 4 (lucky it was still under Apple Care). Really, anyone, is this game meant to be played on the Mac? I don't mean to be snippy, but I want to play Civ 6 and don't think I should install it on another Mac laptop--and I've never used windows. Advice appreciated.

Top Bottom