WH Diplomacy texts

P_L - nice stuff as always. I'm editing the other thread with complete diplos and also in game diplos. Nice job.

Diplomacy for Lucan and Luccina: ( i was going for the whole physically identical, mentaly opposite approach to these twins. Lucan is a jovial, Hillarious guy, And Luccina is a more sombre and sensible girl.)

Spoiler :

Declare War--" *Lucan* Haha! Oh, im sorry, I just pictured the look on your face when our armies are raiding you lands... Pffhahaha!! *Luccina* I'm sorry about him, what he means to say is: prepare for war.

First Contact--"*Lucan* Ah! Welcome. We are Lucan...*Luccina* and Luccina, Twin Rulers of Tilea. *both* Who might you be?

Refuse to Speak--"*Luccina* You cannot seriously expect us to pay attention to you. *Lucan* no, Certainly not, you are much too dull.

Peace--" *Lucan* I do not find this war terribly ammusing any longer. I suggest we stop it immediately. *Luccina* yes, for the sakes of both our people.

No Peace--" *Lucan* What do you mean, Peace? This war is just too fun, i shant dtop it just because you're dull! Right Luccina? *Lucan looks at Luccina who rolls her eyes.*

Greetings Friendly--"*Lucan* Ahaha! Welcome friend!! come come, let us gather around the table and tell Stories.

Greetings Furious--"*Lucan* Oh its you. What do you want Oh-Dull-One? *Luccina* Say what you must and leave."

Demand Tribute Weaker/Equal/Stronger--" *Lucciana* Please, we seek your help.
--" *Lucciana* Greetings friend. Would you care to give a close ally a little aid in times of need?
--" *Lucan* Hello there, would you care to give me that. I belive I want it. *Luccina* If you dont, well, we will see what happens if you dont. *smiles sweetly*

Accept Offer--"*Luccina* Oh, you shouldnt have!

Thanks--" *Luccina* Thanks.

Hmmm... Ive been thinking about Akabar, and i cant for the life of me think of what his personality would be. I cant fing anything on the Inet either...perhaps we could use the defult India Diplomacy for him untill i or someone else comes up with something?

In the mean time, im going to go on with Karl Franz and Magnus.

Psychic_Llamas said:
Hmmm... Ive been thinking about Akabar, and i cant for the life of me think of what his personality would be. I cant fing anything on the Inet either...perhaps we could use the defult India Diplomacy for him untill i or someone else comes up with something?

In the mean time, im going to go on with Karl Franz and Magnus.
Yes that's ok.;) Empire's more important anyway. Ind doesn't have much units yet. (Maybe you can steal some Diplotext from the Civ3 for Akabar- there Moghul King Ackbar)

Oh! Sorry, i miss read your post:blush: no i dont have it anymore, uninstalled it to make room for Civ 4 and all its mods;) and i dont care to uninstall all that to re-install Civ 3 to get a couple of lines for Akabar;)

So would you please be able to post it if you have it and some time? i will mould it a little into something else, i just need the basic idea for his personalities etc.

Well I don't know in what files they are and how to open civ3 files to search. I don't have time for it since still only finished 20% of the unitartrefs.
I reallly recommend you as I do everyone to install this mod since this couple of lines Diplo isn't the only info we need from that mod (wonders and buildings right now and also a couple of techs) and they soon have another patch with even more we can use.

Psychic_Llamas said:
Oh! Sorry, i miss read your post:blush: no i dont have it anymore, uninstalled it to make room for Civ 4 and all its mods;) and i dont care to uninstall all that to re-install Civ 3 to get a couple of lines for Akabar;)

So would you please be able to post it if you have it and some time? i will mould it a little into something else, i just need the basic idea for his personalities etc.

Ploeperpengel said:
Well I don't know in what files they are and how to open civ3 files to search. I don't have time for it since still only finished 20% of the unitartrefs.
I reallly recommend you as I do everyone to install this mod since this couple of lines Diplo isn't the only info we need from that mod (wonders and buildings right now and also a couple of techs) and they soon have another patch with even more we can use.

I just installed it a couple of days ago to get some ideas fo this mod. If you can't install i'll try to find it tonight or tomorrow .. sorry but I can't do it sooner .. work .. work .. work .. :crazyeye:

ps: it's a promise that i try .. success isn't garanteed ;)

DutchJunkie said:
I just installed it a couple of days ago to get some ideas fo this mod. If you can't install i'll try to find it tonight or tomorrow .. sorry but I can't do it sooner .. work .. work .. work .. :crazyeye:

ps: it's a promise that i try .. success isn't garanteed ;)
Thx, that'll do. Don't worry will be at least two more weeks before a public release;)

Psychic_Llamas said:
i could try re installing it, but my computers too old and needs more ram, these games are just too big, and both cannot run at the same time :mad:

oh well, i will take a look and see what i can do...:p
Well I think all info needed is in the civpedia there. Either look at that in game(don't need ram for reading pedia) or in the gamefiles if you know where to find;)

*sigh* alright, but that will take a few hours of download... but then again i haven't played that in a year or so, it would be good to see how they've prgressed.

I will write some more diplos for other guys in the mean time, Here's Karl Franz. I dont particularly like him though. what do you guys think?

Diplomacy for Karl Franz:

Spoiler :

Declare War--"Your land will soon know the benefits of civilization, we will cleanse this tormented land of your filth, and lead the Armies of the Empire to your door step! For the Glory of Sigmar!

First Contact--"Greetings! Are you a patron of the arts or a disciple of war? we need to know so we can organize my economy accordingly...

Refuse to Speak--"What are you doing here? we have no wish to hear from you or your envoys unless it is about your death. Now stop annoying me!

Peace--"Reikland seeks peace. We wish to focus our resources on more important things at the moment, such as Scientific and Magical progression.

No Peace--"No, we dont think we are ready for peace yet. Unless we are receiving audited reports, we believe we are winning, no?

Greetings Friendly--"Welcome to Reikland friend! You had best go prepare for this evening, for tonight we feast!

Greetings Furious--" *Karl Franz, pacing in front of his throne* Our Griffon's grooms report that they are low on fresh meat, now where can we... Oh, its you. *There is a pause where he glares at you and looks you up and down, then Karl starts to grin.*, You will do just fine. Whats that? You have a message? Can it not wait? No? Well hurry up then, you can tell us on the way to the eerie..."

Demand Tribute Weaker/Equal/Stronger--" Riekland requires assistance.
--" Reikland and (your civ) have long been allies, and not once have you aided us. We are begining to wonder if this alliance is in our best interest...
--" Our boarders are close (your name), and we are stronger, it would be in your best interests to give us what we request.

Accept Offer--"You have Reiklands eternal gratitude. Thank you.

Thanks--"Thank you."

cut off after "lets say next week"

Declare War--"I find that the Empire's boarders are too small, and I am claustrophobic, which is not terribly good for me. So I have decided to lead a military assult on your cities in... oh, lets say next week... So i expect you to be ready.

And for Karl Franz in general maybe you should always use "We" instead of "I" - sounds more majestic IMO

Here I think annoying instead of pestering would fit better:

Refuse to Speak--"What are you doing here? I have no wish to hear from you or your envoys unless it is about your death. Now stop pestering me!

delete the "uh" here:

--" I say, that would look awfully nice In Altdorf. I believe you might like to give it to me as a gift. Unless you want me to, uh, 'pick it up'?

All just my Impressions, I want him to sound like he´s highly educated, can hold back his emotion (even if he´s furious) and always sounds like he´s speaking to one of his minions except if you are his friend - that´s what I imagine the Empire to be.

I don't like the declare War(maybe something like: your land will soon know the benefits of civilization, I will cleanse this tormented land of your filth! For the Glory of Sigmar!). The rest is ok maybe should be a little more pressing asking for assistance(remember you're either with the Empire or against it!)
And isn't it supposed to be Reikland not Reichland?

Edit: oh yes and We instead of I is good.

Yes, i agree with all of that, and your Declare War is very good Ploe, i added that and a little extra.
all the 'I's are now the imperial 'We's, but some seem a little out of place (lets see if you can spot it ;) )
the 'uh' is gone (to be honest, im not sure why that was there, i must just have been typing what i was thinking:crazyeye:
'Pestering' is now 'annoying'

i hope that sounds a little better, if you want anything else changed (on any of them, not just this one) just shout and it will be done;)

Top Bottom