What Civ Did You Play First?

What cv did you play first upon starting BNW?

• Total voters

Stonecutter9

Rex Michiganensis
As the title says...

Did you savor or regret your choice?

EDIT: I chose Brazil for a breezy Cultural Victory.

First played game was poland. Spawned alone on an island, fell behind, got bored, quit by 1200 AD
First win was zulu. Spawn very isolated, crushed the hated ottomans via 2 wars (one with upgraded spears, second was with Über impi)cruised to an easy diplo win.
Currently retrying Poland.

Played Portugal, loved it. Got a very nice Fractal Map with a giant Island paralel to my side of the continent which was awesome to colonize.

Morocco. Had an awesome trade empire then late game the UU and UI came in handy because my Polish neighbors decided to blitzkrieg out of no where.

Maya first, since I was in the middle of a Maya game when BNW came out and hadn't won as them yet. Archipelago, easy diplo win and almost culture win.

First game with a new civ was Poland. Went tall science empire. Never got into a war so the UU never got built and the UB was of minimal use, but damned if that ability isn't one of the best there is. Between that and popping Animal Husbandry, then Culture, then Writing for a very early Great Library, I crushed everyone in science with my 4 cities. 5 when I was gifted a Merchant of Venice and bought Cahokia late.

Both games were Emperor. Kicking it back up to Immortal now for Morocco.

I picked Poland. I figured they're the easiest to play and will let me explore the new policies and ideologies best. Don't regret it one bit. My plan was a cuktual victory with Order, but Egypt and the Aztecs beat me to some key wonders and I changed my strategy when I realized I wouldn't be able to beat Egypt in time. I won a space victory instead.

Portugal, Small Continents, Standard Size, Prince...

Started on an island by myself (and Cahokia, I guess - they were in the middle of the snow, so whatever) - but near me there was a small continent with America, Brazil and India. I settled three cities on my island, and one in their continent to serve as a center of trade.
Once reaching the Renascence I started having SO MUCH MONEY thanks to my Naus I simply did not know what to do with it! :lol: I also found Spain (right next to Madrid was giving me +331 :c5gold: and +25 XP with my Naus! :p), Venice (that stole two of my City-State Allies :sad:), The Celts (who died relatively soon) and The Inca (who were a pain all game). While "my" continent was completely peaceful, theirs was on constant war! :lol:

Anyway, I founded the World Congress, and pretty much controlled the entire world by that point because I had the money!
Ended up winning Diplomatic Victory - it was a lot of fun! :) Bribing every one to do what I want is more fun than it should be! :lol:

France- I wanted to really try out the new culture mechanic. Played on Emperor and while there were some bumps along the way, I won through the culture victory before creating Broadway. It was a really fun game but it was hard trying to overcome Ethiopia. They just wonderspam and even beat me to the Globe theater. I'm trying Poland now.

Brazil- and got locked in a stalemate with the Zulu by turn 100. My first REAL game was with France. +16 tourism from the Louvre in Paris is quite a sight.

Step right up and marvel at the World's Most Visited Museum, now free for children under twelve months!

I played as Arabia with the other 9 new civs and won a cultural victory. My first game was really fun.

My first game was Indonesia, small continents, prince, cultural victory. My first spice island was a tiny, one tile island off the shore of the mainland. Arabia must have been incredibly jealous of my nutmeg, because they tried to ban it at some point. I wasn't able to try the Kris warriors because I had no access to iron, but it didn't matter because it was the most friendly game of Civ (I-V) that I ever played. There were no wars, not even denunciations, until the very end of the game. Everyone pretty much got along until the advent of ideologies. I was too busy poaching archaeological sites to build any units other than archaeologists, and I was sure that my lovey-dovey neighbor, Hiawatha, wanted to kill me because someone told me he was plotting against me. However, no wars ever came. I was so disappointed that the next game I chose the Dalek-worshipping Assyrians and went on a rampage for old-times sake.

Assirya in a world map with all the other new civs.

First game was Brazil on Prince, almost got my arse handed to me by the AI. However, I got much better for the next game, thankfully.

Played Russia on a two continents map with 3 other civs, killed one in war, won the game by tourism. The AI is as braindead as ever.

Shoshone immortal domination win on world map, too bad it was over before I had a chance to open an ideology. I did get the world congress though and found antiquity sites.

Playing 2nd game as Poland on deity, trying for SV.

Top Bottom