What Civ Did You Play First?

What cv did you play first upon starting BNW?

• Total voters
Morocco, who I discovered (after repeated crashes and game restarts) seem to have a start bias of *near* desert rather than *in* desert. Still, my second city was a desert beast, even on an archipelago, and quickly overtook my capital. I was headed for cultural victory, but Iroquois and Siam had way too much culture, and Iroquois had too many votes in the World Congress to ignore. Turned all of my trade routes on city states, got the influence bonus from Freedom, crushed the Iroquois in a stupid war they started and went on to become diplomatic leader.

All in all fun times, but I would like to try them again on a map with more desert available.

First played as Indonesia, got bored after 200+ turns because it was so peaceful. Then Portugal, also had to quit because of weird map (very isolated from other civs and CS). After that, gave Indonesia another chance and won diplo victory. One of the most fun game I ever played.

Shoshone on Emperor, really wanted to try both aspects of their UA. Was dead set on not declaring war, hoped to be declared on by neighboring Hiawatha or Wu but even after my six city Liberty opening I could just click along to an easy diplomatic win. I was really disappointed, both in the peaceful AI and how easy diplomatic was. The AI seems to blatantly ignore the human player in favor of other AIs when deciding who to fight

I've since had a game on Emperor, as Poland this time, where I got a double DoW on turn 77. I only had to settle four cities that time before Boudicca and Pedro came after me. Sadly they had no armies and I wiped the Celts off the map without losing units, saving Pedro for later as his terrain was awful. The funny thing about it however was the fact that when I was off conquering the Netherlands, Pedro actually came back with a swarm of pikes and trebuchets. I had emptied my lands as I thought he was no threat, especially as I had raised a considerable conquering army I never expected him to dare coming for me alone. This allowed him to take a city with ease.

In another game, as a comment on how easy it is to get friendships, I was only able to get one RA (Bismarck, became friends around the time I entered Renaissance, hated me after I proposed science funding) throughout the entire game, despite opening with only two cities, adding a third after NC.

Netherlands, marathon, huge map, continents, King.

Dropped down to King and played as the Dutch to role play creating my own trade empire.
Had over 40k towards the end, controlled world Congress from start to finish through 11 sessions, had monster tourism of 250+, and massive tech lead.
Basically became a monotonous clicking of next turn for way too long until a diplo victory, but was too stubborn to quit on my way to my first victory with the Dutch (because I have restart-syndrome).

Now restarting my second game as Indonesia, on epic and emperor. Still continents, still huge. Gonna be a faith game :) already loving the kris swordsmen!

Morocco, I was having fun getting trades, but was well behind with my 3 cities and totally mis-intrepreted some of the new rules (and forgot to try to win) and started a new game. In my second as Brazil I got totally overrun by the nearby Huns.

In my third as Indonesia, the Huns were nearby and I didn't make that mistake twice. I totally took revenge on him and he probably doesn't even know why.

So far played Shoshone twice (first game abject failure, second science victory) and am now trying Morocco for a cultural victory to get to grips with the new works of art and artifacts mechanics.

Think I'll probably try Poland next as their UA looks powerful and those winged hussar thingies look cool.

Interestingly enough, i random my first game and i got the Zulu of all people. Did not finish the game though because i was messing around with many things which led to a poor game.

My first non-scenario BNW game was me as England against the 9 new civs plus Arabia and France; that gave me an opportunity to experiment with the new features. Having finished that one up, I've started up a match as Venice.

Morocco. I'm going to try all the new leaders alphabetically.

I'm still in my first game (large map) with the Shoshone. I'm pretty happy with the Shoshone. I want to try Venice next. Do they only get 1 city? Why is the Venice in my game have 3 cities?

Arabia, but didn't finish and the option is not there. So Brazil. Took way too long for a cultural victory.

Funny to see Zulu in dead last (one of which was random, it seems) when it was included largely as a fan favorite. :crazyeye:

England vs the new civs - prince, large, small continents, quick. Won that with a CV. Now running Celts and have met Carthage, Austria, Denmark and Songhai.

Venice - Dislike the fact that they are their own Civilization. Love their gameplay aspects.

Why? The Republic of Venice was fairly long standing and quite powerful during its peak.

Some civs in this game probably came nowhere near the power that Venice once had.

Top Bottom