What civ do you play the most?

I wish they'd restore the British museum for Englanor. It'd make her English version an equally viable option to her French version.

Honestly, I think Englaenor is better than Frelaenor. Oodles of cash go a long way compared to building a few extra wonders that can store great works... And will rapidly be out of range of anyone to flip.

I enjoyed Elaenor's playstyle and expected she'd be more of a staple for me... I assumed she'd have been on my most played civs list when she was announced... But something never clicked with her...

I indeed love to play as Japan, Greece or Maori. No Gameplay reasons, just personal taste. I like to play a Civ with a Culture that is fascinating to me. Not that all the others are not fascinating, but those three are just my personal favourites.

I'm working my way through the Hall of Fame, so I don't repeat many. However, I do have favourites:

1. Portugal is my favourite civ. It lends a lot into my instinctive playstyle of using trade routes. Coupled with Owls, it really is "my" civ, allowing me to dominate the CSs as well.
  2. Germany is probably a distant second, with the boosts to production and additional districts being quite beneficial for my habit of using production to build.
  3. In vanilla, I liked England, particularly with its boosts to continental colonialism. It's also one that is full of historical flavour.
  4. New Spain is one that I really like now, being really strong at colonialism.

I play all of them, and I'm just starting to go back through the list of the original ones, especially those that got updates in the latest balance dlc. I'm playing Marpuche right now, and it's amazing what they do to cities that flip to free [I always leave heroic ages on] with their +10 against free cities and their 20 reduction in loyalty for defeating a unit inside the free city's territory - drops their loyalty very quickly. This is only my 2nd time to play them, but once I've finished all the updated ones, I'll go back to my list and continue from the first ones that i played ... until VII or a new season pass comes along.

Even after "rebalance" Cree are still my first pick.

I like civs, which have to adjust to map while being able to adjust to every map. Cree is such a civ with a very strong early game phase.
I also pretty often take Macedon, even severly weakened last patches. The same reason as Cree - being able to adjust to every condition.

:wow:

Those kind of numbers really make you stop and ask "Why even build a military?"

Seriously, congratulations. That's a number to celebrate :king:

It seems like you've done more conquering in a single game with Eleanor than anyone ever could with a conventional Domination leader.

I do this occasionally just for entertainment purposes, and stack the deck for maximum flippage.

Maori is the one I play the most, followed by Inca and Mali. I generally like the civs that interact with the map in interesting ways.

How was Macedon weakened last patch? I dont remember anything special?

1) prior march update:
- you could buy / build districts in conquered cities and still get eurekas / inspirations. No more faith/goldbuying atomic / future era boosts
past march
Now you get eurekas only at the moment of conquest and later built district don't give them.
However you can still "save" eurekas for the latest era - pillage districts before conquest, repair just in the moment you need it

2) April "rebalance"
Introducing men at arms has drastically shorten hypaspists dominance. Now before muskets there is sth increasing districts strength too much and you will upgrade hypaspists ASAP anyway

Top Bottom