• Going through a rough patch in life

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Disabled in some way that prevents me going out much

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Internet addict

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Bored at work

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • On the verge of a divorce (home life sucks)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Misfit in my local community

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Living in an isolated location

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I’m “normal” but choose to grace you rejects with my presence

Votes: 25 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rambuchan

The Funky President
For those with the slightest inkling of the real world, that is the world that exists outside of CFC, it's pretty obvious that this forum is a grand collection of various strains of loser.

So, please use the poll to indicate which kind you are.

----

Personally, I joined at a time when I was going through a rough patch in life. I was changing career, had moved back to my folks' house to pay off debts and, in the process, found myself living in the countryside far from my friends. Fortunately, that period didn't last very long. Yet here I am, still posting on CFC, mainly when I'm bored at work. So that's what I am voting for.

----

Edit: Seeing as I am a poll loser, I forgot to make it multiple choice. So please just vote for the most appropriate poll option and then list the others in thread. Thanks and sorry.

This poll isn't multiple choice. :(

anyway:

* Social ****** / not into direct human contact
* Nerd
* Irreparably Smelly
* Going through a rough patch in life
* Internet addict
* Other

multiple choice rambuchan next time for poeple like me ;)

EDIT: LOL WE ARE ON TEH SAME BRAINWAVE, BILL!!!111 (Get off mine, damnit :mad: ;) )

Argggh! Dammit! I forgot to check that. Any kindly mods care to do the needful please?

No can do, you need to start a new thread and report this one for closing/deletion.

Include an obesity option, by the way!

Other.

I don't have a problem with social contact, I am just not exactly an outgoing person. In fact, I am a bit of a loner.

No can do, you need to start a new thread and report this one for closing/deletion.

Include an obesity option, by the way!
God. What a ball ache. Anyway, I will do. And thanks for telling us you is so phat.

you phail at Polls Rambuchan :lol: ;)
You mean I'm a poll loser! :lol:

Very kind of you to say so philippe.

---

For some reason I'm not being allowed to start up a new thread with the multiple choice poll. Oh well.

Just vote for the most appropriate poll option and then list the others in thread.

I joined while plopped down in Paris in 2004 on a scholarship with lots of time on my hands and the onus to go out and insinuate myself into all manner of interesting acitivities going on.

Well, as a matter of fact I did that. But interesting as it is, it is also bloody hard work. So when I was simply to fazed and exhausted I used CFC as a low(no)-stakes relief.
In real life I was working my but off to buttonhole interesting and important people (to me and my stuff) on a daily basis, and persuade them I would be worth their time and effort. And instead of TV (didn't have one) and stuff to wind down, I took to the CFC. Girlfriend temporarily left behind and not looking for a new one helped too.

That's kind of the situation still (GF still around, thank God, even if it was touch and go), though now I'm in Stockholm on a more long term project. I'm certainly not bored by my work, but I still sneak off to post on the CFC partly through habit, partly as a form of escape when I get fed up with having to think about things like how to find new research grants, move some project, or phase of one, forward etc. CFC is still this 100% safe and nothing's at stake.

And instead of TV (didn't have one) and stuff to wind down, I took to the CFC.

[...]

I'm certainly not bored by my work, but I still sneak off to post on the CFC partly through habit, partly as a form of escape when I get fed up with having to think about things like how to find new research grants, move some project, or phase of one, forward etc.
Oh yes. For quite a while I didn't care to have a TV either. CFC and the net in general can be a good replacement.

I too am not always bored at work and often use OT to get a breath of fresh air before diving into the next task. It is a habitual thing actually, albeit a controllable one.

I have no social skills (so bad I'm unfit for work), miserable all the time, and almost everyone my age hates me. The only time I ever go out is to walk the dog, and even then it's not far, and never in the dark.

I'm THE Loser :p

I'm not any of those kinds of loser (I think - I'm not really the one to judge right?), but I joined at a time when I lacked a circle of friends that I could freely discuss politics with. Quite bizarre, considering I was at university then, but my friends would doze off if I tried to ignite any debate beyond 'which is better, beer or wine?' Actually, I exaggerate, but anyway, I wanted an outlet for my need to discuss the kind of topics that frequently come up here.

So I guess you could rephrase the question to 'What kind of losers are your friends?'

I keep coming back because I find it valuable to hear views from beyond my liberal ex-pat and internationalist Japanese bubble.

Everything is better then working... ;)

This is a weird thread Rammy, but funny. I suppose it depends on ones perspective on life. I mean, at some level we could all describes ourselves as 'loosers'...

- Social ******
- Nerd
- Internet Addict
- Bored at Work College
- Misfit in my local community
- I'm "normal", but I choose to grace you rejects with my presence :)p)
- Other

I'm every kind of loser, but since I can be shy as hell, I opted for the social ****** flavor.

Top Bottom