• Going through a rough patch in life

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Disabled in some way that prevents me going out much

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Internet addict

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Bored at work

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • On the verge of a divorce (home life sucks)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Misfit in my local community

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Living in an isolated location

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I’m “normal” but choose to grace you rejects with my presence

Votes: 25 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we are all losers, that implies the baseline for being a "winner" has been set too high, and that therefore, we aren't actually losers, as it is relative.

That said, I am a freak who disguises my lack of social skills by acting randomly, and I am going to end up on a street corner some day, screaming about the end of the world. I am already working on it.

I'm perfectly normal, thank you very much. I put in long hours at work and don't have much time for a big social life, which is just fine for me right now in this point in my life. I live in a (relatively) isolated area, but am within 1 hour of the Kansas City metro area, again by choice because urban and suburban settings suck.

Don't forget that you're much closer to that big ball of twine than most of us!

Don't forget that you're much closer to that big ball of twine than most of us!

You're damn skippy I am, and that's an intangible bonus that is just...I mean, wow! :D

Actually, Puglover and Turner (where the dickens is he??) are a smidge closer than I am, given that they actually live in Kansas.
EDIT: Maimonides too, but for some reason I'm thinking he's far western Kansas? Which would mean I might be closer.

I'm a geek and proud of it. RPGs, larps, as much time on the internets as I can spare all of that... Less now that I'm employed because studies didn't go so well, but can't win em all...

I don't watch TV.

Am I a loser? you won't know until you call me a loser in my face. :mad:

I am not into the socializing bit, but at the same time I do just enough of it. I mean how else am I gonna meet girls?

:lol: :lol: nice one J :D

i picked "normal" b/c, well, i am :p and i come to OT to "gawk". but i guess i can mix in "bored at work" too.

however, i also come here to check in on the cfc old heads...just to see if they're still kickin' etc.

I had a medical emergency and spent a few months away from work starting in February 1996, the Month Civ II was released, and got hooked on all things Civ, while rehabilitating my strength. I found this forum a couple years ago when I was trying to figure out Civ IV.

I don't consider being a Civ geek a loser. I do post way too much, though. It's one of the most interesting forums I've found. I checked "bored at work".

I Misfit in my local community. Truly. I listen to rock, they listen to pop, chalga and hip-hop.

I'm the most normal person in the world, anyone else is less normal than me. :p

Spoiler :
Read that as "I don't think I fit in any of these categories, I don't think I'm a loser" ;) Normal is not the opposite of loser...

None of the choices in your poll are a problem to me. I'm quite normal on those aspects. My loosserness is about being emotionally dependant with women. When I'm single I'll date just about any girl just to not be alone, and when I'm with a girl for about a year I usually dump her because I chose her for the wrong reasons in the first place. I have a hard time not having the presence of a woman in my life...

So to try to push me to deal with this problem I decided not to date any girl, in any possible way until I finish my studies, which is in september 2008. Meanwhile the only girl I'm currently seeing lives about 200 miles away, so there are no chances of it becoming serious and we usually only see each other once a month,... I really feel like she's my nicotine patch for the emotionally dependant :D

-Going through a rough patch in life
-Internet addict
-Other: too sarcastic for own good.

I actually do have a lot of friends around here....I just never seem to actually do anything with them. :lol: Kind of bizarre, actually.

If we are all losers, that implies the baseline for being a "winner" has been set too high, and that therefore, we aren't actually losers, as it is relative.

That said, I am a freak who disguises my lack of social skills by acting randomly, and I am going to end up on a street corner some day, screaming about the end of the world. I am already working on it.
Bookmarked!

Top Bottom