What movie(s) have you seen IX:The Police Academy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a bunch of movies. Mostly marked by generic/wooden/dumb/... styles pulling it down to the ocean ground of abject lack of caring (on my part).

However, recently saw Another Year (2010) and yes Holy Cow, another great movie moved upon me. It is not the absolute top, for that it lacks this stylistic grandeur only a truly fantastic composition manages to unearth - but it is outstanding in many very relevant ways. A simple story of simple lifes - but with a great beauty carried by solid meaning. A bit length, but it works still
Spoiler :
- but the ending was I think the best ending I have ever seen (naturally within the context of the movie) Disclaimer: The ending only works if it you don't expect it. Am I an Ass now? Though feel in so far rested - you still got no idea about it. Especially after I said you don't. And just now I ruined it for you I think. Now I feel like an Ass. Okay, spoiler

Well I recently rewatched 2OO1: A Space Odyssey and finally watched A Clockwork Orange in full. Glorious glorious Super Panavision, space never was so magnificent. Ultraviolence, on the other hand, felt tame. I blame Michael Bay.

This is Spin̈al Tap. On a scale of one to ten, I award it 11 points.

Anyway, where's our new thread?

you messed up the diaeresis, takh. it's over the n.
I didn't, but your device might be rendering it improperly, perhaps because of the text being in italics.

You clearly wrote the diaeresis on the a.

For me, the diaeresis is rendering exactly between the N and the A.

I didn't, copy it and paste it one Notepad and you'll see.

The Kingsmen. Was pretty good action flick.

It was a rousing Bond spoof -- right down to the "how to properly order a martini" dig.

I saw Jurassic World. Worth the time, but don't think too much about it.

Definitely, Maybe (2008), for, like, the millionth time. It is one of my wife and my favorite rom-coms... and practically parallels our romance -- minus the kid.

That wasn't your thread to make for another few days.

I refuse to acknowledge Kyriakos' thread unless NovaKart specifically yields his right to it.

Well, Nova technically waived that right after 24 hours, so counting backwards each day, it's Snerk's stab for the next hour or so, followed by thecrazyscot.

I'd say that the line of succession goes #1000 -> #1001 -> Free for All, with preference to people who posted around the edge of the page.

^Eh, whatever?

Goes without saying that if anyone already asked (or had the right by post rules) to start it (eg NovaKart who was mentioned?) it will be his. ;) Didn't read any discussion going on this in the previous page so it seems you are just making rules up from thin air when taking about others past that post.
I was making you a a favor you ingrates :(

I'd like to note that reply 1000 is post 1001, not 999. ;)

In any case I am stating what I peeceive to be the general rule for succession of the Serial Thread sequel-creation privilege.

I'd like to note that reply 1000 is post 1001, not 999. ;)

In any case I am stating what I peeceive to be the general rule for succession of the Serial Thread sequel-creation privilege.

Yeah, you aren't fast enough for ninjas ;)

And this thread was left past 1000 for 5 days, so i have to suppose it was FFA anyway. You could ask some mod if it means that much to you :jesus:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom