What Music are You Listening To? - 67, the Summer of Love

I've been having fun with setting my "Liked Songs" list to random the last several days. It's only about 3,500 songs, but it's crossed the threshold where I'm hearing things that I forgot were on it.

"Dirty Epic" (1994) by Underworld really takes me back to the days when I routinely stayed out past 10:00pm and did a lot of dr... er... drawing. :shifty: S'true, I used to draw a lot.

It's funny how a randomizer will seemingly go on little jags. In this case, playing several songs by a particular artist in a short period of time, even from a list of over 3,500. My player has been obsessed with Tom Waits and Macy Gray lately.

"Hoist That Rag" (2004). Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Another thing that was 20 years ago. I still think of Real Gone and Orphans (2006) as Waits' "new" albums.

"Gimme All Your Lovin' or I Will Kill You" (2001). I have 5 or 6 of Waits' albums on this list, so maybe it's not crazy that I'd be hearing a few of his songs. It's more surprising that I've been hearing a lot of Macy Gray, since I only have 2 of her albums in this list.

More randomness from my music player:

"Stillness is the Move" (2009) by Dirty Projectors. I like how she messes up the cadence of the lines. First time I heard the song on the radio, I wasn't even sure what language she was speaking. :blush: :lol: Also there's llamas in the video, and I think llamas are hilarious.

I accidentally hit the "plus" feature, where the algorithm inserts songs of its own choosing into your playlist, and it selected "Hotel California" (1976) by The Eagles. Well, okay. There's a reason I didn't put a "like" on this song, but I don't hate it.

Hey boy @Kyriakos, on a scale of 0 to 100 in which 0 = I’m cool with this bro and 100 = vomito negro, how fed up are you being reminded of this?

Top Bottom