What Music are You Listening To? - 67, the Summer of Love

Had to bust out some classic disco to get my [behind] in gear this morning: "Got to Be Real" (1978) by Cheryl Lynn, and "He's the Greatest Dancer" (1979) by Sister Sledge.

To steal my own joke, from the Severance thread:

Me, in my head:
Spoiler :

Me, in real life:
Spoiler :

Norwegian BM again. This is Thorns.

One of the most intense songs I’ve heard.

Dance like nobody's watching.

I couldn't make any decisions this morning, so I just told Spotify to surprise me. Maybe my favorite Talking Heads song, "Pull Up the Roots" (1983). I highly recommend listening to this on headphones or proper stereo speakers. Tina Weymouth, the bassist, is doing some fun stuff with very short notes. I think she's bending some of them? I'm letting the YouTube vid play on my PC while I type this, and I can't really hear the bass at all.

Do not operate machinery while consuming this product. You'll end up going 120 mph. "Jesus Christ Pose" (1991) by Soundgarden.

Dance like nobody's watching.

I couldn't make any decisions this morning, so I just told Spotify to surprise me. Maybe my favorite Talking Heads song, "Pull Up the Roots" (1983). I highly recommend listening to this on headphones or proper stereo speakers. Tina Weymouth, the bassist, is doing some fun stuff with very short notes. I think she's bending some of them? I'm letting the YouTube vid play on my PC while I type this, and I can't really hear the bass at all.

I like (one of the band's) old stuff better than his new stuff. :)

I'm still partial to Burning Sensations' version (mild NSFW warning, I guess). The Repo Man soundtrack was one of the albums that spun my head around when I was 15 and turned me on to a punk.

Now, though, I think I like Burning Sensations' "Belly of the Whale" (1983) more.

I'm still partial to Burning Sensations' version (mild NSFW warning, I guess). The Repo Man soundtrack was one of the albums that spun my head around when I was 15 and turned me on to a punk.

Definitely one of the better versions. The one by Talking Heads is awful, despite one of the band coming from The Modern Lovers.

Stan Ridgway at his best (apart from Camouflage, of course!).
I must be a hipster - still only 2.9k views after 15 years! :)

Top Bottom