What Political Party are you?

what Political Party do you belong to?

• Total voters
carniflex said:
"all exclusive, privileged, monopolistic organization", like capitalist corporations ? :rolleyes:

Wow, it looks like you need some explaining here. I completely missed that.

Free market corporations are not exclusive, privileged, or monopolistic.

You know what is?

The government and its effects.

When the government does something, it does it by employing force and coercion. It legislates and has the right to force its will on others - it is privileged. You know what else is privileged? Individuals and corporations supported by the government. It is monopolistic - it does not tolerate any resistance and punishes such resistance with its legal system. It is monopolistic as it holds an absolute monopoly on the initiation of force. You know what else if monopolistic? State-enforced monopolies. The government is exclusive. It does not permit competition as it cannot sustain it. It is ineffective and must thus rely on the use of force (ie. laws) to eliminate and exclude competition.

Private corporations function by the mercy of the consumers and as long as they want a monopoly, it will exist. If they wont have it, they will act with their money, and any free market monopoly will fall. Private companies function and exist because humans are equals and can trade freely with each other because they have a right to hold property. They exist simply because the free market allows individuals to coexist, trade for mutual benefit, and live together freely without the need of force. If force is introduced to the deal by the government, then it usually gives one side in the trade a privilege over the other. This is opposite to the basic of the free market. Free individuals can join together and/or hire people and form corporations - these are merely groups of people united in trade. They do not exclude others, they simply produce a good which the consumer wants. If the consumer wants something else, another corporation can supply it. They are not exclusive, that is. If they, as the government, were allowed to use force, they would be able to exclude and eliminate competition, as the government does. But the fact is they do not.

Comprenez-vous maintenant?

If they, as the government, were allowed to use force, they would be able to exclude and eliminate competition, as the government does.

You mean force as by use of laws, since hostile take overs happen all the time to eliminate competition.

There are capitalistic corporations taht are state protect to be monopolies. However these laws are being demolished through deregulation, and even that has been questioned as a good thing or not. Some industries need regulating and some need to be monopolies.

Benderino said:
Can you prove that?
Probably if I spent a ridiculus amount of time researching it, but as I already made clear, I really can't be bothered to debate the subject anymore.

Im Republican, but I vote for whoever I think is the best candidate, not by which political party they belong to.
So a better description would be a conservative who usually votes republican.

I live in Canada, I usually vote for the NDP (New Democrat Party) which is fairly left wing, or I vote for the Liberal party, which is a centre party.

I am a just-right-of-center American. I used to be Republican but the last 6 years have disillusioned me. I will vote for ideas not parties in the future, but I am more likely to agree with a given Republican than a given Democrat on a lot of issues (although I am also small-l libertarian).

I spend most of my time debating why I should be bothered to vote in an election and if I can work out a reason then I vote. I put other anyway, that very UScentric choices, and they have no real meaning to anyone outside the US.

This is the Jesus thread of the day :)

Sidhe said:
I spend most of my time debating why I should be bothered to vote in an election and if I can work out a reason then I vote. I put other anyway, that very UScentric choices, and they have no real meaning to anyone outside the US.

Then tell us which British party you vote for.

Hahahahahahaha I voted Green :D

Two year old threads really show how much you've changed...

Dang this is one old thread :p

I am a registered Democrat, though have not voted strictly party line. It probably wouldn't take much for me to go become an Independent, especially considering that I lie in the center.

Nationalist :)

sysyphus said:
Then tell us which British party you vote for.

In true political rhetoric: I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago.

Wow, this thread was seriously necrobumped. :old:

I voted other as my vote depends on the issue or on the exact candidates.

Guerra said:
I live in Canada, I usually vote for the NDP (New Democrat Party) which is fairly left wing, or I vote for the Liberal party, which is a centre party.
:shake: :hammer2: :old: threads! D'oh! This thread was two years old, and you revived it to say that?

:ar15: :hammer: :shake: :sniper: :whipped: :nono:

Ok, enough smiley's. But seriously man, don't bump threads this old.

Elrohir said:
:shake: :hammer2: :old: threads! D'oh! This thread was two years old, and you revived it to say that?

:ar15: :hammer: :shake: :sniper: :whipped: :nono:

Ok, enough smiley's. But seriously man, don't bump threads this old.
What's wrong with bumping threads ? Should he have spammed and made exactly the same thread again ? Imo, no. And this thread is interesting, btw, only some poll options are lacking.

I'm registered as decline to state, but I side with the Republicans more often than the Democrats.

Crash757 said:
What's wrong with bumping threads ? Should he have spammed and made exactly the same thread again ? Imo, no. And this thread is interesting, btw, only some poll options are lacking.

He bumped a thread for a poll asking what US political party you belong to. He's a Canadian so his post wouldn't really be relevant to or belong in this thread anyway. :crazyeye:

sahkuhnder said:
He bumped a thread for a poll asking what US political party you belong to. He's a Canadian so his post wouldn't really be relevant to or belong in this thread anyway. :crazyeye:
Lol, i don't live in US, but i voted too :D

I'm about 50/50 with Democrats and Republicans. I like the centrist candidates of the parties best.

Top Bottom