What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hobbsyoyo Cities Skylines won't run on your lappy? That's crazy. It's a very low impact game, at least in terms of processor requirements. It's too bad though. It's a very fun game. :(

@hobbsyoyo Cities Skylines won't run on your lappy? That's crazy. It's a very low impact game, at least in terms of processor requirements. It's too bad though. It's a very fun game. :(
It would run it but was constantly stuttering. Given I barely had anything built yet, I didn't want to buy the game only to find out that it becomes unplayable after X many hours into it. My laptop is going on 7 years old at this point and though it was high-end when I got it, it struggles with a lot of 3D games.

I just checked and here are the system requirements:

Cities.JPG

I'm sure that your lappy must meet at least the minimum requirements. Doesn't it? Do you know the clock speed of your CPU?

EDIT: I cross posted with you. If your lappy is 7 years old, it might actually not have enough ooomph to do the job. I'm sorry to hear that.

My laptop meets the recommended specs and boasts a blistering 8 FPS on the lowest settings. Paradox and their studios lie about requirements on all their games and don't account for their piss-poor optimization for mobile hardware.

I've found system requirements to be unreliable overall, not just specifically with Paradox. At best I find the requirements are what you need to make the game boot but don't really allow for an acceptable experience. This is partly why I keep coming back to console gaming even though I periodically get a gaming laptop or build a custom PC - the release date of the game doesn't change how well the PS4 is going to run it whereas PCs will struggle to release new games without periodic hardware refreshes. Eventually they stop making games for specific consoles altogether but the window of time where they have new releases is long enough that I don't hate it.

I think in the long run, building a good PC and then upgrading its components over time is probably a money saver but I've been too cashed-strapped to even consider building another one until recently. Someday soon though *fingers crossed*

I tried Skylines, but I didn't like it. I much prefer the new Sim City.

I tried Skylines, but I didn't like it. I much prefer the new Sim City.
That one had a rough launch and took a while to get in a good state. I watched a ton of YouTube videos on the game and it was a real clusterf- at launch. The main complaint with it now is how small the maximum city size is though in some ways you can get around that by working on linked cities in a broader geographic area which is pretty cool.

That's another one I'm fairly certain would scorch my cpu :lol:

I didn't play it for a couple years after it came out, but once I did I was really hooked for a while. I'd usually have my different cities in a region be specialized, like one would be my factory town, another would be for my universities, etc. And I'd always try to have one super-rich utopia town that's fully planned to be beautiful.

Sometimes I'd have one really deliberate terrible city, with poor education, dirty industry, garbage dumps, and such lol. That one would usually have my highest population.

In SimCity 4, I loved building up entire regions and having one city essentially be a giant landfill so my other cities could ship garbage to it.

Cities: Skylines has curved roads!!!

It's not SimCity. It's SimCity 2013. (And it doesn't exist.)

SimCity is the original 1989 game. :smug:

It doesn't exist in the same way that Scrubs only has 8 seasons and The Matrix was just one movie, shame they never made any sequels.

The broader internet has bestowed the harshest punishment it can on it, for being such a piece of horsehocky when it launched: intentionally ignoring it. It's not even interesting enough to hate, like Nickelback or the newest Call of Duty or whatever. It is beneath our notice at all.

Ummm... I don't think a handful of haters count as "the broader internet" lol! :p Millions of people play SimCity, and you can easily find all sorts of things about it on the internet about it?

I was just being farcical about it not existing.

I mostly find it annoying when games/movies/whatever decide to do that...odd naming thing. Ross Scott mentioned this trend in his review of Wolfenstein (24:19):

Cities: Skylines has curved roads!!!
You see those cities from paradox, they have curved roads. Curved. Roads.

I've played both cities skylines and Simcity 2013, and I'd say that both are good games. I preferred cities skylines though because I didn't like the way city connections worked in Simcity 2013. I'm not sure which one is better nowadays since I haven't played either for years.

Does Preston Garvey ever stop giving you tasks in FO4? I can't wait to grab his perk and send him in exile to a far flung outpost where I never interact with him.
No. He never stops. Ever.
Spoiler :

Maybe I'll just go play something else.

A couple of legendary raiders showed up in one of my settlements and one of them had a rocket launcher. He fragged half the crops and all of the water fountains and they were both dead by the time I crossed the map. I could hear the rocket screeches and booms from a great distance which was neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom