What wonders have you seen with your own eyes?

Which wonders have you seen with your own eyes?

• Total voters

allhailIndia

Deity
Check all applicable...Seeing in TV/photo/movie not counted, you must have been in the physical presence of the wonder.

Except in the case of the Apollo Mission; it is enough if you saw it live on TV;)

..and only wonders still standing count..

Oh and feel free to add any others in the game which I might have left out due to lack of space e.g. Oxford or Shakespeare's Theater e.g., that are still standing

and no National Epic and Heroic Epic don't count:p

Since I was born just outside of NYC, I've seen the Statue of Liberty, Broadway and the UN. I've been to LA, but I don't remember seeing the Hollywood sign.

Only Mt. Rushmore.

I may have seen the Hollywood sign, but I was quite young when I went to LA, so I can't remember.

I've seen Stonehenge and should be going to Oxford univerity next year :D. I've to see any of the other wonders though. :(

Been to Johnson Space Center in Houston. Have a picture of me next to a mock-up LM. Worked at McDonnell Douglas (several years after Apollo) where many parts were made. Been to White Sands Missile Base, where they did some telemetry. But I really wish I had seen a Saturn V lift-off.

I've been to Hollywood, and I've seen the Pentagon and the Statue of Liberty. Although, I don't recall seeing Broadway or the United Nations. That about covers it for me.

Stonehenge, Oxford, Scotland Yard, Globe (well, the site where a reconstruction was going to be) and Buckingham Palace. I'm English, so not difficult for me.
Statue of Liberty, UN building, Broadway on a brief visit to New York. Possibly Wall Street, but don't remember doing so.
Hermitage, Kremlin (my third wife was Russian).
Eiffel Tower, Versailles.
Apollo on TV.
Several Ironworks - well, steelworks, actually.
Oh, and does using The Internet count ?

One of the Saturn-V rockets is in Huntsville Alabama at the Marshall Space Flight Center.

I did not see it lift off in person, but I have seen moon rocks, walked the entire length of the Saturn V, and was in a room where a lunar astronaut spoke.

So I count that I have seen the Apollo Mission. I didn't actually see the statue of Liberty being built, but I have seen it.

btw, where is the Hermitage?

Using the internet....I suppose that is a given else you cannot post on this site:p...

As for me, my count stops at the Taj Mahal...Hopefully, when I am done with my law degree I can go to Oxford for higher studies and maybe then my count will increase;)

@MigtheGreek -
The Palace is said to be a national wonder, though it doesn't count as one of the two you can build in a city.
Buckingham Palace is a palace.
I have seen it.
Therefore I have put it on my list.
Simple.

Errr - I didn't mean to click on the Sistine Chapel. Was going for Notre Dame and didn't notice that I'd missed.

I too have been to Buck Palace, and live in Oxford, so I could hardly fail to miss the university.

The Great Apple said:
... and live in Oxford, so I could hardly fail to miss the university.

:confused:
Why does your location say Cambridge then? And mor eimportantly, which way do you punt? :crazyeye:

Truronian said:
:confused:
Why does your location say Cambridge then? And mor eimportantly, which way do you punt? :crazyeye:
Because I'm at university in Cambridge. I couldn't apply to a second rate uni - even if it was close to home ;).

I punt from the flat end. The proper end. You get more grip, get a better view of the river, and you look so much cooler. You also get evil looks when you go and do it in Oxford, which is fun.

Stonehenge and Scotland Yard are the only ones that I can think of.

Sistine Chapel, Statue of Liberty, and the Pentagon. I've also been to the Johnson Space Center in Houston, but I guess I was thinking more along the lines of where they actually launch the spaceships (i.e., Florida).

This poll just reminds me that I have lots of places to see in life.

I have seen a few. (Mt. Rushmore, The Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame) :) I have also seen The Forbidden Palace and The Great Wall. The Great Wall was really worth the visit, amazing wonder. :hatsoff:

Top Bottom