What wonders have you seen with your own eyes?

Which wonders have you seen with your own eyes?

• Total voters
Ones I've seen: The Pentagon, Mt. Rushmore, and I've seen a recreation of parts of the Apollo Mission when I went to Washington. If you watch the Pentagon movie, I drove on the road that goes past it.

Hmmm. Interesting poll. For me it was Parthenon, Chichen Itza, all of the NY based ones (Broadway, Liberty, U.N.) and Hollywood.

When I was a kid I saw some of the rockets at Kennedy Space Centre, but I don't know if that counts as Apollo.

does anybody claim to have seen the manhattan project.

migthegreek said:
Oh man, that sucks. I haven't seen any of them :cry:

Me neither. I would like to see alot of them. Mostly the Pyramids, Chichen Itza, Stonehenge, Versailles, Kremlin, Taj Mahal, Sistyne Chapel, and the Parthenon. The forbidden palace would be cool too. I haven't even seen the ocean, how lame is that. As a matter of fact, I haven't even seen the dirt of a state that doesnt touch Missouri. How lame is THAT! :p :lol:

Stonehenge gets dull after you drive past it for the tenth time...

i've seen the big billboard in hollywood. mt. rushmore is on tap this summer, but although a national wonder, i'm expecting basically a glorified rest stop on the way to yellowstone. y'know, i've been to new york, but i couldn't stand to even roll down my windows, let alone divert from my line between the airport and penn station to see any of their wonders. no offense new yorkers, but what a cesspool! incidentally, i have ridden the spaceship to andromeda.

My score is 4, but the last 2 only half count, because I was several thousand years too late.

I've seen stonehenge, and last summer I saw a play in the globe (shakespeares) theatre. The theatre was really cool, except my arse started hurting half way through because you have to sit on these really uncomfortable benches. I was in the most expensive area as well. You have to stand on the floor at the bottom if you've got a cheap ticket.

I've been to rhodes, where the colossus was, and I've also been to delphi, the site of the Apollonian Oracle.... but obviously there wasn't much to see of either of these wonders. Delphi was brilliant It's a huge mass of ancient greek ruins, and would probably make a wicked skate park ;)

I actually got to climb the pyramids for a minute, until the man with the gun told me to come down. And then I had to bribe him, but got to take a picture with him too. Egypt was interesting...The Beduins (sp?) have some decent grass :smoke:

I have seen Leonardo's Workshop......oh wait, that was just my garage.

I've seen many of these as I've been to Rome, London, Paris and New York a few times. I saw Chicken Itza when I went to Cancun a few years ago.

I missed two when I did the poll - Apollo and Hollywood, saw guys live on the moon in 1969 and have seen the Hollywood sign in the distance as I drove through LA.

Been to the Hagis Sophia in Istanbul and the Parthenon in Athens. Have sat on the rock of the Sybil at the ruins in Delphi and dipped my toe in the harbour at Rhodes. Notre Dame, the Eifel Tower and Versailles. The Sistine Chapel.

Not too bad, but I must get to New York sometime. Been close to Angkor Wat but never left Thailand. I must say though, of all the wonders I've seen - the Grand Palace in Bangkok should surely be on the list (Buckingham Palace looks like a medievel hovel in comparison)

This is a fun poll. There was a thread a few months back where people posted pictures they had taken of various places which was pretty cool too. :)

Me, I've seen 7:

I live in England so: Stonehenge and Oxford Uni
Visit to Rome in 2004: Sistine Chapel
Visit to Paris in 2000: Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame & Palace of Versailles
Finally, I'm old enough to have witnessed the Apollo landing live on TV - a profound experience for an impressionable 13 year old at the time.

PS. If Buckingham Palace counts then that makes my score 8 (but personally I think "The Palace" does not specifically relate to that particular one so wouldn't count it normally). :p

I saw Apollo 11 on TV and I've also been to Cape Canaveral.

Sadly, I claim two. Statue of Liberty and Broadway. I can't even claim the Apollo mission because I was only a year and a half old!

awit i've seen the prmarids to forgot to add those on, maybe becuase i was only like 3 at the time.

Stonehenge, Notre Damme, Eiffel tower and versailles (which you missed).
As national wonders: The globe theater (reconstruction of), Buckingham palace, Eilisé (french palace) and oxford University.

DOn't they have an Apollo capsule at the Smithsonian?

I've also been to Versailles, SoL, Broadway (last December - Spamalot is hilarious!), Pentagon, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, UN...and how could you forget Rock n Roll? Does the music save your mortal soul? Can you tell me how to dance....whoops, sorry, stuck in my head. :p

Oh, yeah, I've read the Odyssey in school, so the Heroic Epic....but what would count as the "national epic?" Tom Sawyer?

Top Bottom