What would you do if you won $10,000,000.00?

SOOO easy to answer for me. I would undoubtedly buy one of the islands in the Seychelles chain (east of Madagascar) for myself and friends. I'd keep half just for me and let my friends live an easy life on the island if they wanted.

I would spend the rest of my life waking up with a hangover and deciding the next place i would play golf...

Nuts to the charities, I'm putting my money in mutual funds and live off the interest. I'll never have to work a day in my life and I'll probably still live better than 90 percent of the American population.

This may sound incredibly stupid to some of you, but I would use it (yup, all of it) to start a huge charity that has minimal running costs and use the wealth to do some good in the world.

Probably start by acquiring a shipping company to slash the cost of sending aid to wherever it has to go.

As many are probably aware, most charities take a massive cut (sometimes 40% or maybe more?) from donations to pay for very unacceptable administration costs - something I would publish in great detail with the aim of bringing a competitive edge to the sleazy trade.

I'd let the government waste 1/3rd of it and use the rest to live on between the ages of 70 and 90.

I'd die of liver poisoning before having the chance to truly think of what I was going to do with it

10,000,000?
:hmm:
I think I'd spend an essential part of the sum on chicks, fast cars and bars.

:D

Then, I'd waste the remaining money for some pretty much useless crap.

Party!

Serious: I would start my own company and try to create profitable companies in several under developed countries.

I am convinced this is the way to help poor economies!

I'd buy half a Damien Duff to keep at Blackburn. Probably his left half.

Me and my $10,000,000:

After taxes ($6 million left):

Hand in my two week notice (Maybe, I just quit)
$3,000,000 to my parents (or half of what I have)
my Mom and Stepfather, my real Dad can bite me
$100,000 property and home
$30,000 Car
$16,000 Motorcycle
$80,000 Buy the Store across the street which is for sale
$200,000 to buy the property next door which is also for sale
$50,000 into the Stock Market (my luck it crashes next day)
$500,000 into bonds (double the money!)
$26,000 to furnish my home, clothes, etc

I might offer Metallica all six million to Metallica to stop coming out with these horrible albums...

Start a gerilla and take over first sweden, the scandinavia, then Europe, then the whole world... Mwohahahahahaha :king:

Buy a house, pay off by debts, my car, buy another car. That would take about, say, a quarter million or so. Give some to family members, maybe another quarter million or so all told. In the end I'd have at least 9 mil saved up. Take that nine mil, quit my job, and play the market. Actually, what I would be tempted to do is hire my mother as a financial advisor. Both of my parents are pretty shrewd investors. I would give her a couple of mil and take a couple of mil, and see how we each do. Save a couple of mil for a rainy day.

convert it to pounds
buy a big house a fast car
by some shares in Charlton and a good season ticket seat
by a holiday home in France

Expand my current house, so that my room would be two floors with an elevator ;)

Than, buy the best computer(s) out on the market and also a T3 (or T1 if they wouldnt let me) line so that gaming would be awesome. Give some money to my school since it is like the poorest in the area and cant afford anything (amazingly, I'm on one of their crappy PC's now).

Buy a black lab thats about a year old. Hire a butler. Get a very cool car. And if I have some left, invest it so I never have to work :D

So let's say 5 million of our English pounds.

I'd give the job a bit of time so the company could replace me...otherwise they'd be screwed.

2 million gets banked, I'm assuming minimum 10% interest, so that leaves me at least £200,000 a year for life, plus the lump some still left if I really need a bit more, which I doubt I would.

1.5 million goes on property - I'd need three - in Manchester and two other undetermined spots - Maui perhaps, the Alps perhaps.

.5 million goes on flash cash, spending money, a car, a computer set up, all the fancy stuff you really need when you get rich. You know what I mean.

.5 mill is also banked - £50,000 p.a. to charity.

.5 mill to close relatives - just to spread the happiness: £50,000 each to ten people, enough to get themselves something very nice.

Then with the interest kicking in, I'd have to get through £4,000 a week so I'd probably take a lot of holidays.

buy this site and become the super admin and ban everybody.

10 million is not enough for me to fulfil my plans, but I wont say no. :)

Travel all over the world, then buy a Greek island and settle there. Use rest of the money to educate and stabilize Africa, but also make them see me as a god, then I would replan my next steps.

Well, I would like to get the education through, but now i'd just use the "pay yourself into Yale" principle..

Then I'd finance a crime syindicate..

Top Bottom