• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

whats the deal with the long proccessing times between turns

im not going to pay for a third party program that boosts games, that responsibility ought to lie in the hands of the game developer instead of forcing the player to buy yet another product to be able to play.

this would be like having to pay 1.00 to download a mod, and .25 every game you use a mod, so some games might cost you 10.00 to play or even more.

but the nut huggers Moderator Action: There's no need to be so rude. will love it, and happily pay an extra 300.00 to play a game they already paid almost 100.00 to use (use, not own). Maybe 2k should start charging for patches and fixes as well?

I say Firaxis needs to make their own tools and put them up for free. Only on the internet does the business model "pay me and ill stop bothering you" work. In some cases its "heres popups unless you pay to not see them" and in this case its "your game is laggy unless you pay extra".

Running skyrim with 70 mods and top graphic settings is FAR less consumptive on my comp resources than Civ5 on smaller maps with lowest graphics. Maybe someday firaxis will release a 30.00 DLC that lets you skip the intro movie.

im not going to pay for a third party program that boosts games, that responsibility ought to lie in the hands of the game developer instead of forcing the player to buy yet another product to be able to play.

this would be like having to pay 1.00 to download a mod, and .25 every game you use a mod, so some games might cost you 10.00 to play or even more.

but the nut huggers will love it, and happily pay an extra 300.00 to play a game they already paid almost 100.00 to use (use, not own). Maybe 2k should start charging for patches and fixes as well?

I say Firaxis needs to make their own tools and put them up for free. Only on the internet does the business model "pay me and ill stop bothering you" work. In some cases its "heres popups unless you pay to not see them" and in this case its "your game is laggy unless you pay extra".

Running skyrim with 70 mods and top graphic settings is FAR less consumptive on my comp resources than Civ5 on smaller maps with lowest graphics. Maybe someday firaxis will release a 30.00 DLC that lets you skip the intro movie.

Hmm, sounds like you should take your ball and go home. :lol: Idealism is best in small doses. ;)

Something is worth what someone will pay for it. If the profit maximization point isn't FREE, then why would I price it at FREE? :confused:

As for not actually owning the game, that's the Ninth Circuit's doing, not the game developers/distributors.

And you can skip the intro movie whenever you want. It's one simple setting change and done. But I'm sure you already know that. :D

Here's hoping that the issues of long wait times between turns are addressed. It' not a game breaker but it is certainly irritating at times.

the point is, the solution should be provided by 2k directly as free as any other fix or patch, and not by some third party service.

If this model is to be continued you will have to have 20 third party programs, paid for out of pocket, just to be able to play the game with some kind of normalcy.

If third parties do create "boost" programs, they should be able to charge for it, however this "need" is part of the diagnosis of a problem. Therefore, these programs are NOT a solution, but a product of the problem, and i detest creating problems and leaving you to pay someone else to fix it.

the point is, the solution should be provided by 2k directly as free as any other fix or patch, and not by some third party service.

If this model is to be continued you will have to have 20 third party programs, paid for out of pocket, just to be able to play the game with some kind of normalcy.

If third parties do create "boost" programs, they should be able to charge for it, however this "need" is part of the diagnosis of a problem. Therefore, these programs are NOT a solution, but a product of the problem, and i detest creating problems and leaving you to pay someone else to fix it.

To your main point, I agree wholeheartedly. We shall see if Gods and Kings contains some needed (but postponed) bug fixes and/or patches or if it is simply additional content along with whatever other changes/additions (HP scale) they include. One would hope that it would improve the game beyond simply adding content. That said, those fixes would be separate from the expansion anyway.

If I remember right, there was some discussion on the 2k site saying that AI workers were a big cause of long turn times because the AI was constantly reissuing workers commands. Dunno if any of that ever got fixed though.

New patch later today, perhaps a fix for long turn times.

I played this game the day of release when everyone had massive problems with 3 minute turn times even at the beginning, I had no such issues. It was fast even on hugge maps (thats all i play) at the very end of the game.

But lately, the past few months, it is impossible to finish a game. The turn times are astronomic.
So i dont think advising him to "search for old threads" will help. Its something wrong in the later patches.

Kinda scary... Because early on, I was one of those guys. Actually took a break for almost 6 months precisely because I couldn't finish a game on a huge map. Now, it's better. Late game, 30 seconds is a long time between turns.

What kind of computer are you running, if I may ask? I'm on a 2 year old Asus G73 laptop. I kinda figured it was the upper middle of the road, and with optimization issues early on, I was hoping it was just a matter of time until huge maps were playable - and here I am. But it's troublesome to think that some computers are performing far worse now...

Same for me. The game kept crashing for the first year i had it and i couldnt play it at all using large or bigger maps. I left civ and played Paradox games for a year, and suddenly after a patch it suddenly began working, and here i am... Everything runs smoothly, even turn times. Everything on Max settings.

It's possible that it's just the placebo effect, but after installing the new pre-expansion patch (which appears to change a lot of things subtlety) my game which was taking forever between turns, now takes very little time at all to process. Hopefully it was just a regression bug in the previous patch and has been fixed now.

Top Bottom