When will "Beyond the Sword" come out for mac?

Sebiche

is better than you
BEYOND THE SWORD looks and sounds soo VERY F****** cool!!!!!!!!!

...but when will it come out for mac?

Moderator Action: Please don't swear.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Moderator Action: And maybe you'd like to enlighten us as to what or who is Beyond the Sword, and what it has to do with Civ4?

April 01 is coming, be weary of everything! Double check every news report on anything. (I haven't found any obvious clue for this one yet though, just mentioning it...)

Moderator Action: And maybe you'd like to enlighten us as to what or who is Beyond the Sword, and what it has to do with Civ4?

Is laughing at a moderator an offense? Because I can't help myself at the moment! :lol:

Never read the CF front page? ;)

OK, got it. New Expansion Pack for Civ4. I wonder if Aspyr even know about it yet :rolleyes:

Reading the description, it does seem like it should be called "Beyond the Mods" rather than "Beyond the Sword", but if it brings Blake's Better AI to the Mac, I won't complain.

Reading the description, it does seem like it should be called "Beyond the Mods" rather than "Beyond the Sword", but if it brings Blake's Better AI to the Mac, I won't complain.

:rotfl:

It was certainly "beyond this mod" :blush:. I Googled it and found nothing. Of course, Google prolly re-indexes the 'net overnight, so hadn't picked up the announcement yet.

Looking forward to Mac 'Beyond the Sword' Mac Version.

I seriously hope Aspyr announce this soon, and get the MAC version out as soon as possiblle (ideally a couple of months after the PC version).

I would pre-order a copy even now.

Looking forward to Mac 'Beyond the Sword' Mac Version.

I seriously hope Aspyr announce this soon, and get the MAC version out as soon as possiblle (ideally a couple of months after the PC version).

I would pre-order a copy even now.

You Civ-whore! ;)

I like the idea of founding corporations and spreading their corporate tendrils throughout the world. :) It reminds me somewhat of Morgan in SMAC.

If my dreams come true, then Beyond the Sword includes a revision of mac and pc SDK so that both platforms can use all the mods without a sweat.

And everyone gets a free pony with purchase. Yeah, I can dream.

it would be pretty cool for the SDK to be compatible

all mac mod problems would be solved!

it would be pretty cool for the SDK to be compatible

all mac mod problems would be solved!

An SDK can't solve the problems we already have with mods - incorrect XML text encoding, Python calls to the Windows registry, Python version differences ....

Even assuming an SDK is on the cards, I'd be surprised if it could be made 100% compatible with existing DLL code. Similar problems to the above will rear their heads again, only in C/C++ this time. The best we can hope for is that we can take source code for an existing mod DLL and work out how to adapt it to compile for the Mac version without too much hassle.

An SDK can't solve the problems we already have with mods - incorrect XML text encoding, Python calls to the Windows registry, Python version differences ....

Even assuming an SDK is on the cards, I'd be surprised if it could be made 100% compatible with existing DLL code. Similar problems to the above will rear their heads again, only in C/C++ this time. The best we can hope for is that we can take source code for an existing mod DLL and work out how to adapt it to compile for the Mac version without too much hassle.

I would settle for that, but I'll be buying it anyway. Thanks for the reality check, AlanH.

I would settle for that, but I'll be buying it anyway.

Me too, on both counts.

Thanks for the reality check, AlanH.
The dream is still alive ... If it comes true, we'll just have some work to do, I guess.

Well, the turn-around for Warlords was much better than for Civ 4 itself, so hope springs eternal. Really, add-on's like this are easy so porting them isn't too hard. Frankly, though, with summer coming up I may just borrow a PC with a decent 3D card and buy the PC version of Beyond the Sword. My Macbook can barely cut it for Civ 4 and in all liklihood, Beyond the Sword will cut us Intel graphics folks right out of the picture like the patch for Warlords does.

MAC PRIDE!

my intel core duo iMac can run 3 warlords and 1 iConquer without even slowing down.

hurray for showing off

Top Bottom