Where the heck can I purchase Imperialism II?

skdyer

Chieftain
I'd love to get my hands on a download of Imperialism II. I am very willing to pay money for it but it does not seem to be offered on Steam, Direct2Drive, GamersGate, GoG.com or even for free on Abandonia.

Does anyone know where I can obtain a legitimate, virus-free downloadable copy of this game?

Well, I have Imperialism I, and surprisingly enough it runs perfectly in Windows. It was actually released originally for Windows 95 in 1997. So, I am pretty sure that Imperialism II will most definitely run in Windows since it was released in 1999.

I have been checking the site you recommended but they must admit you into their yahoo group before you can access their game downloads. Unfortunately, their group moderator is either on vacation or doesn't moderate the site anymore because I requested membership 5 days ago and still haven't been approved.

I am reluctant to get it on disc. I like having DRM-free, electronic copies like the stuff you can get on GoG.

Well, I have Imperialism I, and surprisingly enough it runs perfectly in Windows. It was actually released originally for Windows 95 in 1997. So, I am pretty sure that Imperialism II will most definitely run in Windows since it was released in 1999.

I have been checking the site you recommended but they must admit you into their yahoo group before you can access their game downloads. Unfortunately, their group moderator is either on vacation or doesn't moderate the site anymore because I requested membership 5 days ago and still haven't been approved.

I am reluctant to get it on disc. I like having DRM-free, electronic copies like the stuff you can get on GoG.

Well you could try a petition, but those are the only likely legal methods and illegal methods are not to be discussed on CFC.

Problem is that reissuing an old game with thorough modern OS support is not free, so the old game better be an international hit (e.g. X-com) to justify the expense to a company.

Well, Imperialism I and II are certanly not DOS software and can be run under compatibility mode in Vista and 7.

To find one, my best bet would be to try Ebay or Amazon. I even doubt Steam would have thoes game titles.

But Skdyer was here on January 2, 2013. Maybe you should send him a message.

Top Bottom