Which new heroes would you like to see?

Dknight99

Chieftain
Currently there's only a few heroes for hired at the beginning of the scenarios. So which new heroes would you like to see in future releases?
:king:

For me, I want to see Huang Gai for Wu and perhaps some of the later heroes such as Deng Ai or Jiang Wei or Lu Xun who played significant parts near the end of the Three Kingdoms era.

Those heroes come pretty late so in current scenario when they are ready to debut you probably have won:lol:

Adding heroes are not the hard part, the hard part is to brain storm a few proper promotions for them and actually implement those promotions.

What I'd like to have is some late heroes who offer their help to a civ through an event. Say some small civ under heavy attack would receive a heroe with a ready made legion. The trigger would depend on power ratio of a civ to the aggressor.

I don't think I understand what you mean by "I want to see Huang Gai for Wu".

As far as I can tell there is no Wu, Wei, or Shu, only leaders.... This was originally a source of confusion the first time I loaded up and saw Cao Cao/Cao Cao, when I was thinking WTF!?!? shouldn't that say Cao Cao/ Cao Wei? or just Wei...

But yea, I can't even think of all their names, but this is still definitely missing at least half of the characters from Dynasty Warriors. It would be nice to have all of them.

Yeah, having some help for small civs would help. (E.g. Ma Teng gets some heroic sons--Ma Chao and Ma Tai)

Taishi Ci is already in.

Maybe we can allow some of the later characters to be born a little earlier (e.g. Lu Xun, Jiang Wei, Zhong Hui and Deng Ai)?

I agree with AP. There is no harm in heroes being around a little out of their exact historical life-time. Also if the new modifications for slowing down research and military build-up work well there will still be a need for such heroes in the middle of the game. I am playing Liu Zhang who starts with one hero. I am around the middle of the effective game time and all heroes are hired. I defeated a couple of them but wasn't able to capture any. So it would be nice if new heroes emerge from time to time and be available for hiring.

I agree with pretty much everyone else. More heros=better! Especially for the small disadvantaged civs.
On the other hand, are there any plans to add Lu Bu as a hero? I see a Flying General promotion in the Pedia, (forgive me if anyone else is known as the Flying General) which seems odd without a hero to use it.

I think there are still a few Cao Cao Generals missing. Yue Jin is there and two others but I think Yu Jin and one other General is missing.

Firstly have to say, I downloaded recently and am very much enjoying this mod. It's been my first foray away from FFH since I first downloaded that early last year.

Anyhow, a particular favouite TV programme from my youth was the Water Margin....so I was a tad dissapointed to see that the timing for this was sometime after the HotK. It did get me wondering though whether it could perhaps be the inspiration to have Barbarian Heroes that would occasionally go around causing a bit of havoc of their own?

In particular, perhaps they could have a unique promotion which would give a chance that defeated opponents (perhaps not units that are part of a Legion/lead by a Champion), could be converted to their cause rather than be destroyed?

Firstly have to say, I downloaded recently and am very much enjoying this mod. It's been my first foray away from FFH since I first downloaded that early last year.

Anyhow, a particular favouite TV programme from my youth was the Water Margin....so I was a tad dissapointed to see that the timing for this was sometime after the HotK. It did get me wondering though whether it could perhaps be the inspiration to have Barbarian Heroes that would occasionally go around causing a bit of havoc of their own?

In particular, perhaps they could have a unique promotion which would give a chance that defeated opponents (perhaps not units that are part of a Legion/lead by a Champion), could be converted to their cause rather than be destroyed?

You know Barbarian heroes would be interesting. Alot of the heroes in Romance of the Three Kingdoms started as bandits or pirates. For example, Gan Ning right now who can be recruited used to be a pirate and so was Zhou Tai. It would be interesting instead of hiring Gan Ning from the get go, he can be a pirate causing mayham and can be captured for use.

Y not have hero built by players as in it takes a enormus amount of shields to build and its capability determine by you as they gain exp in this case all civ is more balance in terms of hero

Hey all.
Been a big fan of this mod for a while now and was immensely disappointed when it hit delays (but totally understanding- I've had exactly the same thing happen in different games).
Though now that Smartin released the Patch A, I figured I may as well post an idea in here. I don't know if he intends to do much more upgrading, but figured give it a try anyway.

I'd like to see some heroes who didn't traditionally do too much fighting operate as domestic heroes. They cannot join a legion (or even allow them to do this, but offer little/no benefits) but they have other advantages. They could have abilities such as, any city they are in has x% increase in military unit production, or non-wonder buildings etc. Or the city produces x% more taxes, or science or culture.

Once they are in a city they gain a small amount of XP every turn, rather than having to fight.
So they get a constant steam of experience, allowing them to level up over the course of the game.

Also, to help the smaller factions out what about something like a generic, 'Captain' hero. They are significantly less powerful than a normal hero, but allow legions to be formed and a few increases in capability.
Perhaps not give them any Captains to start with, but have the opportunity to acquire them (for a price) as the game goes on.

That way, for the bigger nations its not worth it, as they are just minor heroes not worth the cost. But for the lesser nations, it gives them a boost to their army and a chance to acquire some better heroes from somewhere else.

This is an excellent idea. They could even be the basis for the Advisor addition to the mod. Zhuge Liang can give, for example, 10% more espionage, 10% gold and 10% science, while Zhao Yu would only give 5% of each.

We are doing something again right now, although slowly. In next release, I plan to pick Hero Allegiance as the main focus. Since it's still in design phase, it could change. If I found that advisors should go first, then next release will be about advisors.

The generic captain idea is great, I'll certainly consider it. Thanks!

I really like the generic captain idea as well, and it's great to hear that the advisors and heroes are being worked on!

You know to build on that about domestic advisors gaining xp. Wouldn't it be interesting if that domestic advisor gained enough xp then they can build roads or farms faster, almost like a super worker, or be able to build unique structures like the Zhege Liang's maze or Zhou Yu's naval training base or something like that.

Would like to actually see legions, that's more than 1 to 3 troops. Maybe a scenario with higher leading capicity and cheaper to build troops that cost much less upkeep?

bye Myri

Would like to actually see legions, that's more than 1 to 3 troops. Maybe a scenario with higher leading capicity and cheaper to build troops that cost much less upkeep?

bye Myri

I'm testing the following changes:

1. weaken the unit combat promotions
2. remove the hero level prerequisite for heroes to gain certain unit combat level
3. grant AI bonuses about unit maintenance
4. balance other promotions to make them more in line with unit combat promotion

In this way you will be able to lead 4 or 5 units quite early if you choose to. However, choosing which promotion to gain will be a tough decision. Also AI should be able to mass produce units like they always do.

When you say unit combat promotions, you mean ones that correspond to the hero's aptitude in that class right?
Either way, a nice rebalancing of the legion promotions would be great to see. Right now the only really powerful promotions are the Attack line and the Vigour line. The attack line is nicely balanced though, since it carries the huge defencive penalty. I think the vigour line should be kept as is, since it's what gives all the other promotions their power.
So, with that in mind, I think the other legion promotions should be buffed rather than bringing everything down a level (except for the hero combat level promotions of course).

Top Bottom