Why so strange abilities some race have(+)

drag79

Chieftain
I think that it is because the following reasons:
We have 6 abilities and each civ has 2 of them
so we have different 15 civs with not equal abilities
because 6 * 5 /2 = 15
6 random - 1 ability
and 5 others random - second ability
and now they doubled - because ofr example we can take first pick religious and second - commercial
and we can first pick commercial and then religious
so we have 15 different races with different abilities
and 16th race - japan doubles ability of other race
IMHO sid decide to give player all sets of abilities(couples of them)
so...
PS sorry for my bad english

That's "English"?

Hey, no offense, but there have been no responses here because no one knows what you said. But no doubt you speak English better than I speak Russian. Hang in there and keep learning.

Originally posted by Zouave
That's "English"?

Hey, no offense, but there have been no responses here because no one knows what you said. But no doubt you speak English better than I speak Russian. Hang in there and keep learning.

*whew* I thought I was the only one not understanding what he said...

I thought I understood what he was saying ... or at least I think I got the basic drift. Anyway, how easy can it be to master English in Siberia.

Keep up the good work drag79. BBC World Service has a good 'learn English' section.

I understood what he was trying to say. He's trying to say that the reason some civs have some abilities that some people feel may not be appropriate for a particular civ is that FirAxis wanted all the different possibities, so there wasn't any 'duplicate' civs (civs with same abilities). Here are the different cominations of 6 letters A-F (to represent abilities):
AB
AC
AD
AE
AF
BC
BD
BE
BF
CD
CE
CF
DE
DF
EF =15 possiblities. So one (Japan) had to be a duplicate to make the ideal 16 civs.

I got that too...your english isn't bad at all!

I also understood him,
It is a strange ability of people whose natural language it is not English to understand other people in the same situation.

I thick that I really improved my english a lot because of spending so much time in message boards.

But it is far from good

Yeah I mean it
And I only begin to use not-russian boards so my school English not upgraded enough :(

Besides what do you think about some new abilities to create new unique races
If we have 7 abilities we may have 21 races - and all different

i don't think you can add abilities:(
I have not seen that option in the editor, but then I might have missed it:confused:

Ìíå êàæåòüñÿ ÷òî äîáàâèòü ñïîñîáíîñòè íåëüçÿ:(
Íî ìîæåò áûòü ÿ ïðîïóñòèë ýòó ôóíêöèþ â ýäèòîðå?:confused:
Òû î÷åíü õîðîøî ãîâîðèø ïî Àíãëèéñêè äëÿ øêîëüíèêà â Ðîññèè. Ñêîêî òåáå ëåò?

Heck, I think that coming up with a 7th ability could be interesting discussion. Given that it could add a batch of new civs, why not talk it up - perhaps FirAxis would consider something to that effect in an add-on or something.

My thoughts would run to adding something like a "Diplomatic" ability. It could be used for cheaper embassies, better/cheaper spying, and perhaps put you in better stead when making deals with other nations (i.e. you can talk them into giving you more or something to that effect).

I'd bet if you were to put up a thread asking people for input regarding a 7th civ ability you would receive a great many responses....

Well, if you want to talk new abilities, I've got a couple off the top of my head...

-Agricultural - Cheap granaries, faster irrigation, +food in city square? (similar to expansionist, I guess)
-Maritime - Cheaper harbours and ships
-Pacifist - ++cost for military units but -- costs for other improvements.
-Diplomatic - like kev said, good international relations easier?

There's dozens, but most would be better used in the realm of scenarios to help/handicap certain civs. I'd love an editor for attributes :(

Yeah I hope that firaxis create new ability in their add-on!And of course new races. May be new luxuries resources...
And editor really cant help us to create 7th ability :(

À ðàçâå ÿ ñêàçàë ÷òî ÿ øêîëüíèê?;) Ïðîñòî ñïåöèàëüíî íå èçó÷àë àãëèöêèèé, òîêà 2 ãîäà â óíèâåðå - íî â îñíîâíîì ïîâòîðåíèå øêîëüíîé ïðîãðàììû. Âîò. À ãîäîâ ìíå 22

Top Bottom