Some suggestion about Recon Units.(To give them unique abilities)

As do all units, right? Still no reason why a man should move faster through forest than through grassland. I'm not sure why you disagree but I always found it very artificial, thought it obvious to fix.

It's not just forest - why should a unit move faster through desert than through grass? It is artificial and doesn't seem right. If you want to get somewhere with your scout what you end up doing is searching for desert tiles to the side instead of just going straight.
If they move with the same speed everywhere that would be fine, mounted units are for fighting, scouting units are for scouting, I don't think that would be an overlap. You would always want recon units for their forest/desert movement speed and for their sight upgrades.
Either ignore or double moves is fine, but ignore would only be 1 promotion instead of 2.

The double movement in the forests and deserts is really too much, since the scouts no longer have a fine of the area.

But, if you just remove it, then the scouts will begin to lose to ordinary units, since infantry and cavalry have an improvement in '+1 movements'.

A scout with 3 movements is able to escape from a horse from 4 in the forests, so it moves without a fine of the terrain. It is also able to plunder the forest -boat to treat.

A scout with 2 movements is only able to maintain a distance from a horse in the forest. Without the robbery of tiles.

A scout with 3 movements will only maintain a distance against a horse with 5 movements in the forest.

The scout with 2 movements will be caught by a horse 5.

After all, there are also skirmishers with 5 or 6 points of movement, who can simply overtake a scout and block him, waiting for support.

Im not follow the last congresses, but if the infantry retained advancement with the price of movement in the forest or over the river = 1, then the infantryman with 3 movements will lag behind the scout only on a hill without a forest or in the desert.

Top Bottom