Wildmana 6.0 Download and Bugreport

Playing 6.5, I can't generate a custom game with the 'advanced terraforming' option checked.

Edit: I've tried with play now... same result, checked/unchecked almost every option, and only this is bugged in my install.

Thaumaturge's keep isn't giving me any mana. (Or an extra building)

Granted I know next to nothing about the Scion civ, but it seems wrong from the 'paedia. :)

Same here. I built it and expected to get some more mana, but nope. Didn't happen. Perhaps there is some kind of requirement to unlock the extra mana?

yes. I have rarely seen AI with Rangers that early when they beeline FoL/hunting and get Animal Handling from a goody hut.

Is it possible you can remove the barb/animal/mana guardian ability to pop goody huts? I mean they have a pretty good advantage in that they are all over the globe at once, and I miss finding late game goody huts guarded by barbarians.... maybe you can even have the goody huts spawn defensive barbarians.

I know this is not a bug. More like "that's just the way it is".

When you build something in a town, the extra hammers produced that are not needed to complete the unit/building are brought over to the next turn as overflow.

Why not the same with research :science:?

As it is, one have to lower the research % to a minimum necessary level the turn before each technology are finished to minimize the loss of :science: beakers.

I'm having some trouble getting this to work correctly. Let me preface by saying that since I'm on a Vista I have installed Civ4 in a custom directory under my users name. Anyway, when I originally installed Civ4 and FfH2 I accidentally named it's folder "Civlization IV Complete" (I missed an "I"). I thought nothing of it, renamed the folder later, and all was well. Aaaaanyways, when I installed this mod I noticed it was trying to install to the directory's original location (that no longer exists because I renamed it). I fixed this,but during setup it told me it could not detect the FfH2 folder at the old location. I thought it odd that the installer kept looking in a location that hadn't existed for a few days, but I hit ignore and figured it would all work out... well, I was wrong; I'm getting pink boxes for all the FfH Leaders' faces, and the menu background is default BTS. I didn't even bother staring a game, but I am confident that all the graphics will be screwy too. I this all means that Wildmana is trying to load FfH2 resources from a nonexistant location, but dn't know how to fix this. Will I have to rename my folder back to it's incorrect title so it's searching in theright location, or is there something I can change somehow more easily?
Thaks for your time, and I apologize for the excessively long bug report!

CC

When you build something in a town, the extra hammers produced that are not needed to complete the unit/building are brought over to the next turn as overflow.

As it is, one have to lower the research % to a minimum necessary level the turn before each technology are finished to minimize the loss of :science: beakers.

Research does overflow.

I am pretty sure that BTS has already taken care of the issue at some point.
I remember doing the same thing (adjusting research % upon completion of tech), but I also remember that since an install of a certain patch, overflow was carried over.

Might it be because of the change in modifier that reduces the cost of techs known by other civs?

I'm having some trouble getting this to work correctly. Let me preface by saying that since I'm on a Vista I have installed Civ4 in a custom directory under my users name. Anyway, when I originally installed Civ4 and FfH2 I accidentally named it's folder "Civlization IV Complete" (I missed an "I"). I thought nothing of it, renamed the folder later, and all was well. Aaaaanyways, when I installed this mod I noticed it was trying to install to the directory's original location (that no longer exists because I renamed it). I fixed this,but during setup it told me it could not detect the FfH2 folder at the old location. I thought it odd that the installer kept looking in a location that hadn't existed for a few days, but I hit ignore and figured it would all work out... well, I was wrong; I'm getting pink boxes for all the FfH Leaders' faces, and the menu background is default BTS. I didn't even bother staring a game, but I am confident that all the graphics will be screwy too. I this all means that Wildmana is trying to load FfH2 resources from a nonexistant location, but dn't know how to fix this. Will I have to rename my folder back to it's incorrect title so it's searching in theright location, or is there something I can change somehow more easily?
Thaks for your time, and I apologize for the excessively long bug report!

CC

make a copy of your FFH folder.
copy in the folder produced by the Install script

I think overflow research doesn't overflow. For example, say you have 300 extra beakers after you research divine essence, and your next tech is fishing - the leftovers don't go on to the next turn.

The AI seems to be offering ridiculous amounts of money for techs. I just sold Alteration for 490g and Math for 540.

EDIT: also, Hyborem is building farms.

EDITEDIT: Can confirm ability to build Corlindale. Perhaps after switching to Order?

Research does overflow.

you are right. It really does. But after a new technology is research, it seems like the research :science: starts at 0. I had looked myself blind on it without noticing that the overflow is added as soon as the turn is passed on. And I've played for years without noticing that :rolleyes: Nice!

The AI seems to be offering ridiculous amounts of money for techs. I just sold Alteration for 490g and Math for 540.

those are average amounts. Considering the beaker costs for both is almost doubled, it's a good deal.

I am not sure if this is a bug or I am missing something. I have teched all the way to future tech and still can not figure out how to ascend Taranus. I have already killed off the Illian's before they spouted off the Draw... do they have to do that ritual or something first?

Could I make a humble request... Could you block the AI from exploring the Pyre of the Seraphic. It has a function other than a lair (getting fire elementals for angels)

(this is based on 6.6 info: AI: will start exploring epic Lairs a lot later)

On the Scions again - Korinna the Defender is an arcane unit that can't learn spells or have channeling, but can build nodes. Is that right? :confused: Well, apparently she can gain a few seemingly random spells (air 1, body 1, nature 1, corpus 1, force 3...), but not having channeling means she can't learn them anyway. (Or the other spell related ones, e.g. 'master of ...'s) So if it's meant, then it could still be tidied up a little. :)

Also - Polished Diplomat and Schemer have no 'paedia info. Speaking of which, what does the Breach World Spell actually do? 'paedia doesn't really spell it out.

Edit: Anything in particular you need to learn corpus 1? Just my Alcinus & adepts can't.

Hello and greetings from Germany,

at the weekend I've played a game (version 6.4) with the Lanun on a big and small map and the pirates attacked my ships or blocked my harbours, when they began to spawn. But Somewhere in the patchnotes is written that the pirates should be in peace with them. Is it a bug?

Thaumaturge's keep isn't giving me any mana. (Or an extra building)

Granted I know next to nothing about the Scion civ, but it seems wrong from the 'paedia. :)

nice catch. forgot to update the pedia.

Is it possible you can remove the barb/animal/mana guardian ability to pop goody huts? I mean they have a pretty good advantage in that they are all over the globe at once, and I miss finding late game goody huts guarded by barbarians.... maybe you can even have the goody huts spawn defensive barbarians.

barbarian factions can't trigger to goodyhuts.

Calculation is the same as in BTS. Only difference is that AI is more willing to trade gold when Alignment or Religion is the same.

I am not sure if this is a bug or I am missing something. I have teched all the way to future tech and still can not figure out how to ascend Taranus. I have already killed off the Illian's before they spouted off the Draw... do they have to do that ritual or something first?
yes

Hello and greetings from Germany,

at the weekend I've played a game (version 6.4) with the Lanun on a big and small map and the pirates attacked my ships or blocked my harbours, when they began to spawn. But Somewhere in the patchnotes is written that the pirates should be in peace with them. Is it a bug?

yes. Pirate ships were set to Alwayshostile. took a bit to figure that out.

Top Bottom