Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its order of being enabled in my XP, although like everything Civ 5 modding, this is not reliable.

It is possible that RtP is the cause of CTDs. I haven't specifically looked for any in a while, but will after Sov.

I use VP latest beta, and added CID, and CID EUI compatability.

The city where the name is, is white instead of my civ color. What it's building is wrong, and off centered, as well as the other icons.

Should you use EUI compat if you're using the EUI version of VP?

- Also note, I've ran tons of games in the latest VP Beta for AI vs. AI tests, and no CTDs occured, just an FYI

Edit: When the second city is built, there's no name, or icons for it. Just the city graphic.

Edit 2: When the city was attacked by a barbarian, the city name suddenly popped up with icons. Same White background, and issues as the capital.

Edit 3: And now the capital is the appropriate color.... so odd.

Edit 4: The messed up cities always show a worker as being built.

Edit 5: Lots of CityBannerManager.lua errors in the lua log, as expected given what's happening. Trying variations to correct.

Edit 6: If I don't use the compat EUI, it works and is functional. But no EUI.

Hello JFD, thanks for all your creativeness. I'm having a problem with Production; I'm not able to get the city production que to open. I've attached my lua log; any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• lua.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 79
Hello JFD, thanks for all your creativeness. I'm having a problem with Production; I'm not able to get the city production que to open. I've attached my lua log; any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for providing your log. It is always appreciated.

It seems that one of your mods is adding a unit that has an invalid prerequisite tech. What mods do you use that add/change units (other than CiD/RtP)? Are you using Enlightenment Era?

Been playing a game, everything is just fine so far, although obviously difficult the first time.

The one thing that just came up that isn't working is a unit that is Plagued, I got the health +2 in the city, he's garrisoned over multiple turns, still plagued.

Tried removing him from the city, and moving him back and fortifying. Still no go.

No big deal, just bringing it up as a potential issue. VP and CID, and nothing else.

Thanks for providing your log. It is always appreciated.

It seems that one of your mods is adding a unit that has an invalid prerequisite tech. What mods do you use that add/change units (other than CiD/RtP)? Are you using Enlightenment Era?

Here's a copy of my mod list and, yes, I use a lot of them. Don't know if this information would help, but I tried commenting out the folder in CiD, but ended up with a similar error message coming from CBO.

Attachments

• modlist.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 81
I use VP latest beta, and added CID, and CID EUI compatability.

The city where the name is, is white instead of my civ color. What it's building is wrong, and off centered, as well as the other icons.

Should you use EUI compat if you're using the EUI version of VP?

- Also note, I've ran tons of games in the latest VP Beta for AI vs. AI tests, and no CTDs occured, just an FYI

(...)
Did you clear your cache and moduserdata folder? Also, CivV likes to load CiD EUI Comp. files before CiD and then I have exactly the same visual errors like you. I think editing mod names in .modinfo files can help. They are in CiD folders, just like usersettings files.
Open .modinfo file with notepad and search for a <Name>JFD's Cities in Development</Name> - change it to, f.e.:
(8) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)
(9) JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)

It helped me with EUI errors like yours, but I'm not sure if this is the reason or I just have lucky :D

Here's a copy of my mod list and, yes, I use a lot of them. Don't know if this information would help, but I tried commenting out the folder in CiD, but ended up with a similar error message coming from CBO.

Through trial & error, you were proved correct, JFD. It was the Enlightenment Era mod & its compatibility that seems to cause the problem. I'll post it on Xony's thread.

Did you clear your cache and moduserdata folder? Also, CivV likes to load CiD EUI Comp. files before CiD and then I have exactly the same visual errors like you. I think editing mod names in .modinfo files can help. They are in CiD folders, just like usersettings files.
Open .modinfo file with notepad and search for a <Name>JFD's Cities in Development</Name> - change it to, f.e.:
(8) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)
(9) JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)

It helped me with EUI errors like yours, but I'm not sure if this is the reason or I just have lucky :D

Did not correct my errors, but was a great idea. Thanks for giving me something to try. Appreciate it!

I think the CityBanner thing was patched in a hotpatch or something; else it may be another sign of the End of EUI

Disease problem would benefit from Lua log, I suspect. Did you roll a turn over while he was garrisoned?

I think the CityBanner thing was patched in a hotpatch or something; else it may be another sign of the End of EUI

Disease problem would benefit from Lua log, I suspect. Did you roll a turn over while he was garrisoned?

Yes, it was affecting not only myself, but all of the Ais as well. Made the game a real mess for the AI as it was losing units everywhere.

Wanted to mention that deleting the city banner files in the EUI comp section fixed a few issues I was having with the city banner... It seemed fine for a while, and then my game crashed (reason yet unknown, logs showed up empty).

Did not correct my errors, but was a great idea. Thanks for giving me something to try. Appreciate it!
But did you clear the cache and moduserdata or just edited modinfo files? And did you try to just load "broken" save or a new game as well?

It's strange, it should work. I often had these visual problems until I did this trick with editing modinfo files. Maybe you just edited folders' names instead of opening modinfo files and editing names there? :D

I'm not sure, if it's because of the newest VP version (9/19) or changes what I've made in CiD settings file, but this shows after founding the capitol:
Spoiler :

In the city screen loyalty shows, but crime - no more. CTD in 2 or 3 turn.
Also, something happened to Civilopedia. There weren't any leaders and from lua.log:
Spoiler :
Code:
[473932.234] Runtime Error: D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:960: attempt to index local 'thisBuildingClass' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:960: in function 'PopulateList'
	D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:8052: in main chunk
	=[C]: ?
[473932.234] Runtime Error: Error loading D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua.

Code:
[474098.500] Runtime Error: D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:7450: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:7450: in function 'DisplayList'
	D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:275: in function 'SetSelectedCategory'
	D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:8016: in function <D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:8003>

Code:
[474155.187] Runtime Error: D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:7340: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:7340: in function 'DisplayList'
	D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:275: in function 'SetSelectedCategory'
	D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:298: in function <D:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(9d) JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Civilopedia\CivilopediaScreen.lua:297>

What I have disabled in settings file:
  • All pantheon changes
  • Enables Top Rankings to be viewed from the Dropdown.
  • CBP Colonists and Pioneers always found Colonies.*
  • New Colonist unit; founds Colonies which begin with advanced infrastructure.
  • Allows Forts to establish Fort Colonies if built outside your borders.
  • How many tiles a City must be from another City before it becomes a Colony (0-3 disables).
  • (With Rise to Power) Adds a Global measure of your Loyalty.
  • Allows Organized Crimes to emerge if the combination of two Crimes gets too high.*
  • Various National Wonders reduce Crime, not Buildings.
  • Cores: Developement, Happiness, Health,
  • Changes to Mercantilism (Investments 15% more powerful).
  • New Investment Button in Production Queue (non-EUI only).
  • Extends Investments to Units.

* I think some settings, when disabled, can cause these problems. I enabled again settings with "*" in the list above (also disabled Uses alternative icons for Crimes/Organized Crimes by Hypereon) and the problem from the screenshot is gone, turn 150 and no CTD so far and the Civilopedia is back.
Maybe Uses alternative icons for Crimes/Organized Crimes by Hypereon. enabled with Allows Organized Crimes to emerge if the combination of two Crimes gets too high. disabled was the reason?

Modlist:

Having problem that there is

no items in the cities production box

Advanced weapons and units are available at start of game

Civ 5 was downloaded from Stem and verified

Community patch and all mods re downloaded

Have attached LUA, Database and XML Files

Lua Log

[174293.234] Runtime Error: C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:547: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)

Is the colony part of cities in development ever going to come to this mod or its own separate mod? Great work on ALL of your mods by the way, but I have some compatibility issues with the Cities in Development mod and a couple of my favorites.

Any tips for dealing with plague early game? and how to heal plagued units?

Herbalists, Aqueducts, Apothecaries.

Plagues are inevitable, but settling river cities with Aqueducts will go a long way to increase your health.

Plague can be removed from units through either the Instant Heal promotion, Upgrading or garrisoning in a healthy (positive health) city for a turn.

Excuse me for interventing a bit but I was directed here buy famous Pouakai. He says that you mght be interested in concepion expressed in this thread and I just wanted to show it to you and would be happy if you'll answer if it's something you'll be bother or care to add to your mod in any possible future or you woun't be interested in this for some reason? Would be happy if you'll, guys, state your opinion on the conception in general and on it's implementaion in particular.

Thanks for your time and cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom