Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug found in last few games I played and since attrition related I'm linking it to EXCE: a Barbarian Brute in an encampment loses 5 health each turn until he's dead. He has this "red-cross"-like promotion - not sure which one that is...

It's not happening in all cases. So far, the only connection between the various cases I see is that it's the 1st barbarian encampment (and barbarian) I see and that the encampment is on a hill (plains, desert,..). Also, it feels like a recent bug so perhaps CP update related?

The attrition resistances failing is the fault of the CP, iirc - so we've got to wait for G to come back to fix those.

@JFD

I've downloaded the latest CBP or Overhaul whatever you call it, still getting that damn corporations screen on launch that I can't close.. It's getting really frustrating not being able to play with the mods :(

Attachments

• Lua+XML+Database+28.8.16.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 83
Is it a corporations screen or a Contracts screen? I've had to disable the Mercenaries feature of RTP because the mercenaries Contract screen will pop up and make it impossible to do anything.

@JFD

I've downloaded the latest CBP or Overhaul whatever you call it, still getting that damn corporations screen on launch that I can't close.. It's getting really frustrating not being able to play with the mods :(

You need to update your version of the CBO. You are using the Community Balance Patch, but you need the Community Balance Overhaul. There is nothing wrong with ExCE (well the attrition thing might've been broken somewhere along the line, but otherwise...)

5char

Bug (I think) - upon annexing a tribe, all of its tiles are added to your empire, other than the tile of the tribe itself.
And something else: a while ago (like, when colonies were just an idea inside your modjesty's gifted mind), you wanted to add resources that will have unique effects when worked, like marble's effect. Was that canceled, or rather delayed due to other projects? Just asking.

Oh I thought they were in the same pack, where do I update it or install the CBO? If it is the Vox something than it is what I have

I am using Vox Populi - the version of 18/08/2016. From what I see the CBO is in it, what am I doing wrong here?

Bug (I think) - upon annexing a tribe, all of its tiles are added to your empire, other than the tile of the tribe itself.
And something else: a while ago (like, when colonies were just an idea inside your modjesty's gifted mind), you wanted to add resources that will have unique effects when worked, like marble's effect. Was that canceled, or rather delayed due to other projects? Just asking.

I think its in the game (not very sure) but I remember that when I played it, every resource and lux in the game would have buildings that it gives bonuses to.

Not talking about extra yields, I'm referring to specific bonuses, like the bonus to wonder production marble provides.

I think its in the game (not very sure) but I remember that when I played it, every resource and lux in the game would have buildings that it gives bonuses to.

That idea died long ago.

I've recently been able to amend my SDK WorldBuilder to show the correct icons for Bison and Cocoa, rather then the chequered red and white tiles. Is there any way to do this for EXCE's icons?

I tried following the same process with what I thought where the EXCE .dds files for them but they still retained the red and white tiles.

Any help appreciated.

greetings. I ve tried Exploration Continued Expanded along with cbp (overhaul) and Health & Plague.. it works fine, as I see.

I) H&P works, however some feature alone of it (namely: hex within city bonuses and malus, such as forest +1 and marsh -1) wich are "titles adds" don t, I suppose this is due to improvements you made with tiles.

II)Then I have a Great Reconnaissance, wich is Scout level 5. I tried to move it both within and over a friendly tribe, it does not annex it, and there is no button to do it.
It could be not a lack, I suppose I can need an advanced technology, do you have suggestion about.

I particoularly love the attrition thing of that Mod, wich is essential!

i tried version .19 with the newest version of vox populi.
i had an error with the tech tree, starting from the 3rd row the tree was broken. it didnt show any icons for buildings, researching tech was not shown and so on.

I could fix the error myself by changing the involved code.

The error was in JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 19)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\JFD_EUITechButtonInclude.lua in the block starting in line 491 (Some improvements can have multiple yield changes, group them and THEN add buttons.). The problem was in the line with the local civilizationType, assignment of a nil value.

I changed the block to look like this:

PHP:
	-- Some improvements can have multiple yield changes, group them and THEN add buttons.
	local improvementTypesChanged = {}
	for row in GameInfo.Improvement_TechYieldChanges( thisTechType ) do
		improvementTypesChanged[ row.ImprovementType or -1 ] = true
	end
The if/else in there had the same code for if and else, so i just removed it completly.
Everything seems to be working fine.

if needed i can reproduce the exact error message.

greetings. I ve tried Exploration Continued Expanded along with cbp (overhaul) and Health & Plague.. it works fine, as I see.

I) H&P works, however some feature alone of it (namely: hex within city bonuses and malus, such as forest +1 and marsh -1) wich are "titles adds" don t, I suppose this is due to improvements you made with tiles.

II)Then I have a Great Reconnaissance, wich is Scout level 5. I tried to move it both within and over a friendly tribe, it does not annex it, and there is no button to do it.
It could be not a lack, I suppose I can need an advanced technology, do you have suggestion about.

I particoularly love the attrition thing of that Mod, wich is essential!

Health and Plague has issues with the Community Patch DLL fyi, which might be the cause of your trouble - it's because the CP makes Tourism into a yield because it should be, but it then takes up the same "position" as Health from H&P would, thus causing issues. If you want to have Health mechanics, then CID has a similar but more robust system - you can even disable all the other components to just have Health enabled.

Great Scouts have to be at full health to annex, and a button should show up on the list of "Missions" (actions) the unit can do. If it isn't working, then logs and a modlist would help.

I'm not sure if this is a known bug/problem that I seem to be getting, but I'm finding myself able to build all the Consulates if I load a saved game. I just double checked this by starting a new game, founding a city and then saving. Before I load the save, none of the consulates can be built yet (no tribes discovered yet etc.) but if I then load the game without making any other changes, they are all available.
As an additional test, this also happens if I do the exact same as above, but saving before I found the city (rather than after) too.
I dont know if this could be being caused by another mod or not, though the only ones im running are your other ones. (RtP, CiD and Cultural Diversity)
Keep up the good work though as I love these mods. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom