World 2004 - Updated

wow this map looks great on the editor, but is it supposed to take hours to load? b/c i turned it on, came back 2 hours later and it still didnt finish!

I'm working on a Modern World Scenario/Mod using World 2004 - Updated as a framework.
The Link is in my Signature.

good luck, mybe it could be world 2008

I'm trying to try this scenario, but keep getting a missing "ICON_BLDG_Space_Program" when trying to start it from the CivContent. Rather than dive into this myself and probably get a bunch more missing errors, I thought I'd ask if there's a Readme on how to install this - I did the 1.2 before the 1.1 and am thinking perhaps that's the cause of the error? But there's no readme, so I'm not sure. It's not set up quite like most other mods, either, being in the Conquests folder and replacing my default artwork all the time (rather than just when that scenario has been selected). Probably going to uninstall it for now and get my widescreen background back.

If I didn't have my own programming experiment started up right now - and if World 2004 cooperated for me so I could see what I might expect World 2009 to look like - I might be interested in this. My Civ modding is pretty limited, but I've added units, modified the civilopedia, and created icons from pre-existing images (I'm no artist, especially on the computer, so no from-scratch icons or sprites here). Might even be able to help a bit with the tech tree/buildings given an idea of where to start from. So I guess I am interested in this, I just probably wouldn't have much time to work on it. And I'd definitely like to see World 2004 not crashing.

I think is this is one of the best world map around even considering expansions. (and yes you love this map or hate it, the loading time is horrible and the first few turns are a neverending sequence of Foreign Advisor checks)

Between the version 1.1 and the 1.2 i rather use the 1.1 becouse i sincerely don't like the way it has been changed in 1.2 (central asia state? WTF?)

Nontheless the map has got his problems. So.... Why not upgrade it to 2009?

Gonna start from the 2004 world map v1.1 (actually from a my personal edit of that one and work from there. The greatness of this scenarior is the accuracy the blancy. the original team of developers and tester made a gread job doing a mab so balanced you can break the aliance paths and redo new ones or fight endless combination with the given units at the starts. This has the downside of making thinkering with it a nighmare, needing a lot of testing for wich there are not many volunteeres around nowadays.

Quick help:
if you install/extract the files you download in here and you get error message can;t find (very long address for a f@#ing small icon/civ entry) chekc you conquer/conquer directory, you will see the bic world 2004 v 1.1 and 2 directory: wold 2004 (that is where the pc looks for the file) and world 2004v1.1 that is where the file you are missing are, just copy all the contenct of the 2004v1.1 one in the other one (not just rename but copy into) so you get BOTH the file of the 2 directory.

Stuck on loading screen for configuring schenarios for x mins? is normal, on a laptop can take up to 2/3 hours to launch the file (it gets faster after).

Here there are some ideas i will try to implement:

Keep the same units/ library files so new map will work with the modpach without need of extra work beside copy on you pc the little world2009 v x.y.bic file.

1-Polish, Sorry guys but you are out first thing. The cities will be given to France+Germany. you had you moment with the help in iraq but is over and Europe is a mess.

2-will keep the spare civ slot for something i haven;t decided yet:
2.1 a indipendent Egypt? make sense to nerf the overpowered Arabian nation and for his latest high lev involment in the Palestinese/Israely conflict. But there is the problem of the suez channel... with it egypt can;t do anything in middle east via land and without is a mess for boats.
2.2 a failed Somaly state, rogue and trubled by a ton of terrosit and rebels?
2.3 an african or south east asian state for more realism there? (or in south america?
2.4 iraq? i like the idea of the 1.2 version with american troups in a base and not holding cities anymore
2.5 nothing: we can really use a lighter map

3 lower a lot the unit bonus for high lev difficulty lev so smal civ don;t get a zillion units (or europe 5 times a zillion) and put a decent defence unit in ALL cities of the world so no no first player of the first turn zerg.
3.1 can be hard one like infantry for EU bradley for Usa and militian(ex partigians) for africa etc or lower lev difence like militian for everyone.

4 Europe: i know is fun to play france/germany or sud and kick asses around but it is just not right. Europe will get nerfed A LOT. less city, germany and italy much more dependent from USA (NATO bases) for defence etc. At the moment europe got 50+ cities and Cina 17, India 11.
4.1I like to keep the Eu still split in different block to rapresent the different souls it manifest and to have fun plaing with different or none locked alliances but the summ of all of them will be much less powerfull.

5 give counties like scandinavia or canada more UN troups places in hot spots for humanitarian mission and think about a way to make it count (in victory points or scores or goodwill during trades ?)

6 plague is a bit old fashion but if we rename it credic crunck...

7 the war in georgia makes me think about doing some work around there too

8 more to come, consider this as a To do list

Where is the f@#;ing bic file?

Not ready yet sorry firsts trial verions will be ready within February for the few that still play the CivIII good games and want to test it and give constructive feed backs.

If you are a developer working on another remake of this great scenario, pls hurry up! I'm just working around the x.bic with the editor but the whole thing kinda need a general remake with serius coding. Thsi need to be faster and more updated to today's world.
For Redwallfortress: you asked about some suggestions and i think the points 1 2.1 2.2 and 5 (6 and 7) of my list could do great things if they where implemented right, tell me what you think about it.

Working in proggress, change log.

-v1.2 Infantry nerfed a bit, APC buffed a bit but more expensive, in preparation of giving every city a defender.
-v1.3 Poland merged with Germany/France. still need to rebalance them back to original power. Scenario should be 4/5% faster, well less slower:lol:
-v1.4 Germany/France rebalanced, put a second USA (NATO)base in Germany (armored division) and USAF Base in Italy.
-v1.5 Scandinavia tuned down a little, testing UN peacekeepers in Somalia (with Canada and sud africa to come later on). Small editing in Russia and East Europe. Added a russian fleet in the Black sea.
-v1.6 UK and South EU retuned, unit bonus for AI at high lev lowered
-v1.7 American and Africa retuned a bit, North Africa is now unallined state, Canadian's Peacekeepers in Somalia.
-v1.8 All nations retuned, they are less agressive now.
-v1.9 Unused Weapons Licence resurced deleted (making game 15/20% faster)
-v1.10 a lighter version of the map with a few less civilization, much faster.

Here there is the .bic file, it works with the world 2004v1.1 data files

Attachments

• 10 - World 2009 v1.9.51.rar
    139.5 KB · Views: 426
  • 10 - World 2009 v1.10.67.rar
    138.4 KB · Views: 464
I will examine all of your :) idea's thoroughly.

A minor bit of advice, if you go into the Editor and Unflag Air/Sea Trade for all Improvements that use it (Airport and Harbor), the Scenario will work about 20 times faster.

Greetings.

This is my first post here, excuse my bad English. Follow the forum is a good time, and always download the mods.

When we have the 2009 mod for download?

Grateful.

MIght i just say that i was going to play this game and was really looking forward to it but when i got it and there were 2 different file types i have NEVER heard of before and when i clicked on them they started running some program i decided it wasn't worth it. I could be totally alone on this but i would not run this on my computer.

P.S. Please don't quote me saying wildman your full of BS because granted i did not try to load the game but that is becasue the risk/benefit ratio in my mind it was not worth it if you want to try it be my guest. NOt worth it to me.

Every time when I want to start a scenario after loading I get an error message.
It says that it cant find some datas. Its searching for some Audio Datas.
(.wmv)
The Audio Datas of the Units are missing.
Where is the Problem?
Do the Units really need the Audio datas?
Cause when Im going into the Units folder the Units have no Audio datas.
Do I need them really?

(Sorry if my English is bad i live in Germany

sorry for the doubble Post but I onlyy want to Post the exatly message:

Load Error

FILE NOT FOUND

"Art\Units\Modern Resistor\..\Marine\MarinesRun.amb"

AUDIO

Every time when I want to start a scenario after loading I get an error message.
It says that it cant find some datas. Its searching for some Audio Datas.
(.wmv)
The Audio Datas of the Units are missing.
Where is the Problem?
Do the Units really need the Audio datas?
Cause when Im going into the Units folder the Units have no Audio datas.
Do I need them really?

(Sorry if my English is bad i live in Germany

Hi CivFan11 ! Welcome to CFC !

When you are german you have to look out for a tool called "Goethe`s Tool".
The german version is different from the english one. So you have to run "Goethe`s Tool" once to be able to play english Scenarios.

Go here for german instructions and to the Download of the tool itself :
http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=14827

HAVE FUN !

Bye
General 666

boahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cooooooool thank U Im so happy for that :D really

merci, danke(german), dastet darn nakone(Farsi), thanks

boahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cooooooool thank U Im so happy for that :D really

merci, danke(german), dastet darn nakone(Farsi), thanks

I`m glad that it help you out ! Now you should be able to play all Scenarios found here.
If any questions you can use the "Private Messaging Service" here (just click on my name on the left side). You can write in german to me ,OK ?

Bye
General 666

I'm trying to try this scenario, but keep getting a missing "ICON_BLDG_Space_Program"

I edited the quote for shortness, but I'm having the same problem with both that one and the Flashpoint Kashmir one. The multiplayer version of the mod however plays, but it lacks all the smaller countries.

I'm positive the author of this mod isn't much active anymore, so I'm wondering if anyone else can help me out. I'd really like to play as Brazil or something.

Lovin the scenario so far, but one thing bugging me: is there some trick to transporting armor units like tanks, etc.? I've only played as USA so far, but none of my transport ships or aircraft seem to want to load anything "bigger" than an infantry unit. Please help!

Yeah one of the drawbacks with the allowing a land unit to function as a transport is that it itself cannot be transported by any unit. I am not sure if you could even use airlifting to move these special vehicles over seas.

So after 30 minutes of loading i always get File Missing in "Conquests\world 2004\text\pediaIcons.txt"ANIMNAME_PRTO_Airliner. game will now exit
WTF???????????

please help!!! It looks like areally cool map but I cant fking play it!!!!

I just recently downloaded this for the first time, it works fine in terms of gameplay but there are a few annoyances.

I downloaded 1.1 because I read that 1.2 has bugs --- but in 1.1 I ran into the infamous Tony Blair bug. So, I got 1.2 because it fixed that bug, but now I can't talk to Central Asia of Afghanistan/Iraq without the game crashing.

So I'd rather play 1.1 because I can actually play the game without it crashing... but It'd be nice if not everyone was named Tony Blair. Is there a manual fix I can do to get the leader names working?

Thank you

It'd be nice if not everyone was named Tony Blair. Is there a manual fix I can do to get the leader names working?

Thank you

There is easiest way to get rid of this "bug" (btw, typical for many early scenarios). All you need is open the scenario file (10 - World 2004 v1.1.biq) in your scenario editor (Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe), then go to scenario > scenario properties > players, then delete the "leader name" entry for each civilization and voila! Each civ will be with its real leader.

Top Bottom