• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

see my sig on how to install Civ 4 on Windows 7

I don't have a problem on installing CIV4....I have already installed Civ and BTS and I am playing it.

I have problem with this specific mod.

btw....also the world-war mod that alredy exists in the BTS is not playing well....the units are not showing at all....instead of the icons of the units, I see just a ...box!

And when I try to play World War II mod, CIV crashes before loading it!

I don't have a clue why that is happening...however, i searched the log files found it on the local/temp and i attach the description of the error.

Perhaps, a good programmer may help me!!

You can find the log file here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HWCINPKK

PLEASE HELP!

As I said if you are installing custom mods like this, it pays to install Civ 4 into it's own folder e.g. c:\games\civ4\ as explained in my thread.

If Civ4 is installed in the standard c:\Program Files\ folder you will likely have problems with any additional mods, like this one.

As I said if you are installing custom mods like this, it pays to install Civ 4 into it's own folder e.g. c:\games\civ4\ as explained in my thread.

If Civ4 is installed in the standard c:\Program Files\ folder you will likely have problems with any additional mods, like this one.

Ok...I followed your instructions and you were right: it loads and works fine.

However, I noticed that sometime in 1940, it shows a message "error in unitBuilt event handler" and waits for other civilizations for ... hours (at the time I am writing the message, it is still stucked waiting for...other civs).

What is all about? Can it be fixed?

I don't support this mod ... but you may have to go back to an earlier save game and start from there.

However, I noticed that sometime in 1940, it shows a message "error in unitBuilt event handler" and waits for other civilizations for ... hours (at the time I am writing the message, it is still stucked waiting for...other civs).

What is all about? Can it be fixed?

I will try to answer you but my laptop containing Civ4 is at the shop for repairs. From the top of my head, you must access civilization4.ini files, find the line that is called ''enable logging'' and replace ''0'' by ''1''. Play the mod until it freezes or gives you "error in unitBuilt event handler" messages. Quit the game and locate the file ''PythonErr.log'' (I think that's what it is called but I'm not sure). Then post a link to that file here.

to my experience, the crash will most likely not be related to the 'error in UnitBuilt' message, as i get that message nearly every turn in late games ... and my games dont crash.
But the log file might help a ton so, if you still need help, go and post that file here, so we can look over it ...

regards

HahnHolio

Hey great mod!! i was wondering if you would be interested in using some of my units for a updated release of the mod. Or if anyone else is interested let me know. I am constantly improving them and have many other uniform varations

Here is a link to screenshots

wehrmacht/ss/sa/Gestapo units:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=420834

Your units are absolutely beautifull !!!

Game goes out of sync anytime me or my brother gets into combat with an ai. 1 v 1 against each other works fine. Only in combat against AI is the problem. Happens in scenarios or random games.

Events are set to off.
Normal BTS .19 or Rise of Mankind work perfectly with events off.

Any ideas?
I've already tried the no modular setting, doesnt help.

I havent tried this game in multiplayer so I don't know about the problems that arises from it sorry

I'm not sure if this is problem of a mod - when i played with friend we had oos problem almost every game plain bts we played - the problem started with patch 3.17 iirc.

But the problems for us only happen consistently in 1939 mod.
Without fail every single attack on an ai. And like I said not a problem with other mods or by its self, leading me back to something is off with the mod :S

I will say I do vaguely recall running into this sort of problem a very long time ago, but that was a different computer and it might have even been pre-bts.

Hi,

I like playing this mod since years. :)

Is it true, about a new beta ?

And if yes, where can I join the test-crew ;)

Keep this Mod going on - it is the best one

regards

OnkelM

Hi,

I like playing this mod since years. :)

Is it true, about a new beta ?

And if yes, where can I join the test-crew ;)

Keep this Mod going on - it is the best one

regards

OnkelM

where did you get the info of a new version of this mod?
I heard ax3 say 'i will not do this again for Civ5 and this one is done too' somewhere in this thread ... so please point me to where you got something about someone working on this, thanks!!!

I would love to download this. I use Vista and so far can't even see mod in the mod folder for Warlords or BTS. Deleted and unstalled both until I hear something.

Want to try this if known what I do?

Thanks.

I have been working on a modified version of this mod, with new infantry artwork on a large campaign map of Europe. Unfortunately it is way to much work for me so if anyone else is working on a wwii mod i would like to contribute, or maybe someone could take over my project

Concepts I have put in my version

1933 Start, allows you to build up your industry and armed forces , You will not start with a million units, you must build your own army and industry. if you want a certain units you must research certain or conquer certain territories. Example Pz38 is not available unless you conquer Czechoslovakia etc..

Larger map, cities are not 2 squares away form each other, (see screen shots) battles out in the open. logistics and transportation are key

Units recruit-able in certain territories, Not every city can create all your units. Example Wehrmacht are trained at a few select cities, one training facility for "Original" Waffen SS, Nordland available in Scandinavian territories. Latvian legion in latvia and so on. by the time you reach Stalingrad you will be depending on Hungarian, Romanian and other build-able troops in that region to support you army group. of course these units will not be as strong

Must have a tank factory to build tanks, plane factory to build planes etc..

city artwork Representative of culture. if you are in italy you should see meditation style cities, russian then russian style cities, Africa an so on

units are more valuable since there are production and logistical considerations to account for. Example if you conquer minsk you will not be producing the german wehrmacht in that city, however you might be able to produce Ukranian or russian liberation troops which of course will not be as strong as your german Wehrmacht trained in Germany.

the German war industry relied on forced labor. POW laborers will be available in conquered territories and can build war production facilities that your normal workers cannot

establishment of general government buildings by German administration units in conquered territories, to reduce rebellion, create POW laborers etc.

Rebellion in new territories should be and ongoing issue (revolution mod concept with creation of partisans)

More complex technology tree for amour advancement

officer academy, to train field grade officers for the Wehrmacht and waffen ss

multi-model units , Example Wehrmacht unit will have rifleman,auto rifleman and a junior officer

new music, from time period

i am creating infantry artwork for each nation, no generic units

bigger map, increased artillery range, air support range

I would love to download this. I use Vista and so far can't even see mod in the mod folder for Warlords or BTS. Deleted and unstalled both until I hear something.

Want to try this if known what I do?

Thanks.

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword is the BTS folder, click mods, and run the exe there.

Top Bottom