World War II European Front

Nexxo

Prince
World War II European Front

Spoiler :

The Europe lies crushed under German military power and only Great Britain and its colonies remains. General Erwin Rommel has been sent to North Africa to help Italy against British forces. Battle for Atlantic has already begun as German U-boat start sinking ships that carry supplies for Great Britain. Germany now set it sights on Soviet Union.
Operation_Barbarossa become the greatest land invasion of all time
with 4 million Troops, 4000 Tanks and 3000 Aircraft.
German Army advance in three directions towards the strategic goals in USSR.

Steel Pact Forming
Spoiler :

Fall of Paris
Spoiler :

Winter War
Spoiler :

Battle for Britain
Spoiler :

Operation Barbarossa
Spoiler :

ARMY GROUP NORTH
Army Group North advance toward the symbol of Communistic revolution Leningrad.

ARMY GROUP CENTER
Army Group Center advance toward the center of Soviet power Moscow.

ARMY GROUP SOUTH
Army Group South advance toward resources rich Ukraine and Stalingrad.

Victory Conditions
66% of land and 66% of population.
Oil Refinery Improvement produce Oil Barrel every 5 Turns
Food Production Improvement produce Food supply every 5 turns
Returning Oil Barrel and Food Supply to your capital give you 1000 golds and 100 victory points.

WONDERS
There is many wonders, but all are placed to a certain location from the start.
There is only three Wonders that can everyone built:
Research Facility give you 2 free advances and increase output.
Manhattan Project Allows all nation to built Atomic Bomb and produce Atomic Bomb every 5 turns.
United Nations allows diplomatic victory.

Playable Nations:

Germany
Start with the greatest army at the beginning and have good defensive position on Atlantic coast. Navy is in worst shape as they start with only two battleships and no aircraft carriers. Bus they have largest U-Boat fleet. The Germany also start with greatest air forces in scenario. The big problem for Germans is all out war with Soviets for which they need all units that they can gather.

USSRStarts with biggest tank forces and they tanks have good armor which is very hard to penetrate for a German 37mm gun which is standard in German army. The air forces are large but mostly obsolete compering to German standards. The navy in Leningrad is blocked by mines from Finland but in Sevastopol the navy is free to bombard Romanian and Bulgarian coast or even participate in Mediterranean sea battles. The big problem for Soviets is that on they west border is enormous army which they need to defeat.

Great BritainStarts with biggest fleet and with biggest carrier fleet, But North sea is full of German U-Boat. Air forces despite great number of obsolete Swordfish planes are large and modern. Also Britain have some good tanks at the beginning. Most notably Matilda II which have good armor but it is slow. But the big problem is Egypt which is under attack of Germans and Italians forces from Libya.

ItalyItaly starts with focusing on British colony of Egypt. Most of Italian army is obsolete all the way from the tanks to the aircraft. But Italian fleet is largest in Mediterranean sea and have seven battleships which include three modern Vittorio Veneto class but also no carriers. They have few submarine in Atlantic but all in all they are in worst position in war.

USAdefinitely the best position in war. The army at beginning is full of light tank M1 and M2. Navy and Air forces are not in best shape. Navy because the war with Japan starts with few obsolete battleships. Air forces are equipped with B-17 bombers but fighters are weak and not built for long range battles. But later they can built an array of equipment. From strong medium tank to flying fortress bombers and heavy Iowa class battleships. The best for them is that they are separated with Atlantic ocean from Europe. only at the end of war Germans can built Amerika Bomber which will allow Germans to bombard US.

Mobilization
Every of five great powers have improvement Mobilization Office in certain cities that produces Infantry units every 2 turns.
They become obsolete with a certain advance.
Italian Mobilization Office become obsolete in a middle of 1942.
British Mobilization Office become obsolete in a Beggining of 1943.
German Mobilization Office become obsolete at the end of 1943.
Americans Mobilization Office become obsolete at the end of 1945.
Soviet Mobilization Office become obsolete at the end of 1945.

Credits
Units: Wyrmshadow, Ripptide, W.i.n.t.e.r, Tom2050, Moscatnt, Top Gun, Gary Childres, Vingrjoe, Delta Strife, Gwendoline.
Terrain: Sn00py
Map: Robins

I did not have time to complete civilopedia and i'll do that as soon as possible.
Also there is a few estetic problems with leaderheds flags.
Few Units are without sound.

Stats for the units I've took from game Panzer General

When you DL from this host you need to have my access e-mail and password.

Download large main file 512 MB (originally 972 MB)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrt3j9n595vs9e9/World War II Europe+America.zip?dl=0

Biq file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aa78kzmvy5tr96k/World War II European Front 1 .biq?dl=0

Conquest no raze patch
Just put the Conquest no raze patch in your Conquests main folder and start the game with the NCL.exe. A NoRaze version make AI cannot disband cities.

Version 1.0 was removed after 354 downloads.

Any criticism is welcome and I hope that you will enjoy this.

Attachments

• German Soviet Border.jpg
    German Soviet Border.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 15,623
  • Northwest France.jpg
    Northwest France.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 14,615
  • Lybia.jpg
    Lybia.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 14,632
  • Vichy France.jpg
    Vichy France.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 14,589
Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshots:

Part of Atlantic Wall.

German Army before Operation Barbarossa.

Italian German Army in Libya.

Vichy-France.

Southern Italy.

Finland Soviet Border.

Stalingrad.

Moscow.

England.

West Canada.

Egypt.

US Coast.

Unit explanation:

Tanks are limited on almost all terrain except Grassland. Plains, and Desert. On others terrain they can enter only if there is road. Early tanks have higher defence then attack. You may found that weird, but that was in reality. only later medium and heavy tanks have higher attack then defence.

Engineers have +5 hit points because these are special units for attack on fortress and bunkers. Germans also have special Pioneer infantry which is one type of engineers and they have +7 hit points. Also Engineers can build roads and Fortress.

To increase difference between regular fighters and later jet fighters, I make jet fighters stealth. I also increase chance for interception of stealth planes from 5% to 30%. Later German stealth aircraft Horten fighter and bombers have invisible flag. Also Germans can build at the end Sub-orbital bomber Sanger Silverbird which can drop nuclear bomb on US.

Partisans are invisible and only spy can see them on land and unfortunately submarines and destroyers if they are on shore.

In this game I've put Infantry guns which have attack and defence and also bombard like artillery units. But they have weak defence and any better units can destroy them.
I advise that they are supported with high defence units.

The unit stats are from game Panzer General. Some units there don't exist so I make stats for them using real informations regarding armor, speed, gun and compare them with informations of others that exist.

Attachments

• Stalingrad.jpg
    Stalingrad.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 13,895
  • Finland Soviet Border.jpg
    Finland Soviet Border.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 13,997
  • Italian Fleet.jpg
    Italian Fleet.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 14,204
  • Moscow.jpg
    Moscow.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 13,672

Attachments

• England.jpg
    England.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 13,874
  • Canada.jpg
    Canada.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 13,514
  • Egypt.jpg
    Egypt.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 13,817
  • America.jpg
    America.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 13,631
WW2 ,Here i Come Again :cool:

Very Cool Scenario, Nexxo , What a piece of Hard work you been done :goodjob:

man , just picked Germany for a try ,and so far so good :)

All i do with Germany is Arty Bombard or Air Bombard lol , no joke , i keep invading until my Empire meets his final judgement of Destruction :D

WW2 ,Here i Come Again :cool:

Very Cool Scenario, Nexxo , What a piece of Hard work you been done :goodjob:

man , just picked Germany for a try ,and so far so good :)

All i do with Germany is Arty Bombard or Air Bombard lol , no joke , i keep invading until my Empire meets his final judgement of Destruction :D

Well good luck. Soviets are tough to crack and they have excellent units.

Well good luck. Soviets are tough to crack and they have excellent units.

believe me , good drinks of something (just look at my nickname) and they are good to go hehe , nah just kidding

Well Soviets still can be destroyed if U.S.A dont open a second front ;)

believe me , good drinks of something (just look at my nickname) and they are good to go hehe , nah just kidding

Well Soviets still can be destroyed if U.S.A dont open a second front ;)

I belive that USA will open second front especially because they have base in Britain that they can use to start invasion or transport large numbers of B-17 flying fortress which can do a lot of damage to your units or the Atlantic wall.
Use U-Boat to destroy transport ships and that could reduce danger of invasion.

I belive that USA will open second front especially because they have base in Britain that they can use to start invasion or transport large numbers of B-17 flying fortress which can do a lot of damage to your units or the Atlantic wall.
Use U-Boat to destroy transport ships and that could reduce danger of invasion.

yes i know . im a WW2 Freak hehe

Hi Nexxo, this was a lot of work you did do. :) I´m working on a very similar project (including starting with the same map) since a longer time. I´m especially interested in your experiences about the AI handling D-Day from the American continent and the British island to the European continent. Did the Allied AI in your tests start major offensives to France??

Hi Nexxo, this was a lot of work you did do. :) I´m working on a very similar project (including starting with the same map) since a longer time. I´m especially interested in your experiences about the AI handling D-Day from the American continent and the British island to the European continent. Did the Allied AI in your tests start major offensives to France??

I never got that far in the game but Britain and US have large fleets and especially Troopship which can be built only by the Allies can carry 20 infantry units plus Medium landing Craft which can carry 10. So i think that if they disembark in France, they will almost certain do that in large numbers.

I never got that far in the game but Britain and US have large fleets and especially Troopship which can be built only by the Allies can carry 20 infantry units plus Medium landing Craft which can carry 10. So i think that if they disembark in France, they will almost certain do that in large numbers.

Unfortunately in many, many tests in our WW II scenario Storm over Europe (SOE) using the same map, they didn´t disembark in France in large numbers. We also had the idea about an US Base in Britain some years ago:

Spoiler :

But this is not the place to talk about other WW II scenarios than "World War II European Front". I will send you a p.m.

Unfortunately in many, many tests in our Ww II scenario Storm over Europe (SOE) using the same map, they didn´t disembark in France in large numbers. We also had the idea about an US Base in Britain some years ago:

But this is not the place to talk about other WW II scenarios than "World War II European Front". I will send you a p.m.

Ok, But when I testing this I've notice US fleet with transport near french coast.
I've manage to destroyed them before they land with bombers. Maybe should be Us base near Gibraltar and one on Greenland. That could help them to repair they ships and gather troops.

When seeing your reply, I noticed, that I had forgotten to wrap the old SOE screenshot with spoilers. Sorry for that. This screenshot shouldn´t dominate your thread. May be you can delete the screenshot in your reply, too if you want.

The problem with naval transports in C3C isn´t that the transportships will not appear. The problem is, how many units are carried by these transporters and even more problematic; what will the AI do in reality with these transported units.

Nexxo I did send you the p.m.

Great Scenario Nexxo, just played a few games, one as Germany which was really fun to beat up on the soviets, and a game as britain which is much more challenging than I thought it to be. It's a very balanced and laid out scenario and put together very well, however there are some few things i noticed gameplay wise.

Germany is VERY strong right off the get go, In my game I pushed the soviet's back to Stalingrad and Leningrad very easily without much in the way of strong resistance, I think maybe adding some more units to defend the soviet Cities would help out alot.

I played a quick few turns as the soviets and I expected Germany would beat up on me in the beginning but Finland was way stronger than I expected, In a few turns they'd captured almost all of my cities above Leningrad and were pushing south very aggressively. Add in the units from German Norway and there didn't seem like much I could do up there. I think maybe some changes to the amount of units Finland starts with would make a more accurate depiction of their war with Soviets.

I really like that 99% of the U.S. units start in America and don't sit on Britain which gives Germany a good amount of time to build up France so the allies aren't invading while I'm dealing with the Soviets.

Overall very good and no major issues of yet I've run into, maybe a few balancing changes could be made, but keep up the good work.

Great Scenario Nexxo, just played a few games, one as Germany which was really fun to beat up on the soviets, and a game as britain which is much more challenging than I thought it to be. It's a very balanced and laid out scenario and put together very well, however there are some few things i noticed gameplay wise.

Germany is VERY strong right off the get go, In my game I pushed the soviet's back to Stalingrad and Leningrad very easily without much in the way of strong resistance, I think maybe adding some more units to defend the soviet Cities would help out alot.

I played a quick few turns as the soviets and I expected Germany would beat up on me in the beginning but Finland was way stronger than I expected, In a few turns they'd captured almost all of my cities above Leningrad and were pushing south very aggressively. Add in the units from German Norway and there didn't seem like much I could do up there. I think maybe some changes to the amount of units Finland starts with would make a more accurate depiction of their war with Soviets.

I really like that 99% of the U.S. units start in America and don't sit on Britain which gives Germany a good amount of time to build up France so the allies aren't invading while I'm dealing with the Soviets.

Overall very good and no major issues of yet I've run into, maybe a few balancing changes could be made, but keep up the good work.

Thank you for your report. The units that I will ad to soviets probably should be defensive bunkers and forts in Russian cities because they already have strong and numerous attack units. I advise that you built defensive line near Petrozavodsk and that could stop Finnish and Germans forces in that area.

Alright, I've done some testing as Britain, and a few remarks:
1)Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2)As Britain, war weariness was extremely high. Many cities starved down to size 3-4 in the first few turns.
3)There are tons of units, and it's hard to differentiate between the pros and cons of different units. Civpedia entries should probably help with this, as to what use each unit should be put to.

Alright, I've done some testing as Britain, and a few remarks:
1)Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2)As Britain, war weariness was extremely high. Many cities starved down to size 3-4 in the first few turns.
3)There are tons of units, and it's hard to differentiate between the pros and cons of different units. Civpedia entries should probably help with this, as to what use each unit should be put to.

Thank you.
The Britain its already been fixed and I'm currently working on civilopedia.
Soon I will upload new files.

I'm currently working on civilopedia and some game settings so I would like to know what do you think about Railroads. I played as US and when i disembark in France the entire German army crush me until nothing left of my invasion force. and second example when I was playing as Germany on sid level the entire Soviet army focus on small portion of terrain where they sent atleast 50 tanks and lot of Infantry so I'm asking for your opinion should I delete railroads from the game or leave it like it was.

Normal Civ 3 railroads spoil at least the most modern scenarios, as they are much too powerful, especially in combination with the blitz-flag. Here other measures should be taken to give a limited option of transport faster than roads.

Top Bottom