Worse performance post patch?

bbbt

Deity
Anyone seeing significantly worse performance with AI turn times post -patch? Like even a small map is crawling for me by mid game now.

I'm on a (somewhat old) Mac, so it might be mac specific.

I really haven’t noticed anything in a couple game going into the future era.
Nothing in the patch should have been a performance hit; even apocalypse mode, the increased disasters etc are just a handful of discrete events.

It could be a Mac thing. Is one of the new civs in your game?

I've got a PC and noticed a significant slowdown between turns as well. It was mostly mid-to-late game but was significant enough I didn't finish the game. On a new game now and have dropped all performance specs to minimum and will see what happens.

I suspect it’s a Mac thing.

Before this update, my battered old 2011 MacBook Pro was able to play large maps with no problem at all. But now, it crashes on large, is almost unplayable on standard, and gets very bad frame-rates in late game on small.

Very disappointed.

I've noticed it. I usually play on a laptop and it's getting excessively hot when I play now. I've dropped the graphics to low to see if that helps the heat and lag.

In game performance is fine, but I've gotten a few crashes on loading the launcher

Mac here: the patch seemed to help immensely for the first day or so after the patch but now crashes more frequently than ever. Fairly new Mac (from within the last year.)

Not only is it a Mac thing, it's specifically the Aspyr Port to the Mac Thing. I play on a Mac, but in a Bootcamp Windows partition, so I'm playing the Windows/PC version, and the graphics and general performance are actually better post-Patch. I've been able to set the graphics options much higher than I could in the Mac version of the game, and have no noticeable slow down on the Large maps I used to play on with difficulty.

Yeah I'm on lowest graphics settings and the fan is going nuts almost immediately. I've tried playing in just strategic mode without a lot of boost. I'm not sure what happened in the porting process.

Top Bottom