Worst game ever...what is yours?

Krieger66

Lord of all things necro
What is the most frustrating/worst session of civ you've played?

Mine just happened, I got boxed in by the frozen and Acheron the dragon. So much for an expansion game.:cry:

Just had a close second; four axemen and two warriors laying siege on my capital. Nice.:p
By the way, anyone know why I'm getting an invalid file size message when I try to upload a screenie?

Your resolution is too high and the screenshot you want to post is gargantuan probably.

Fortunately in your actual post you clarified that you meant game of Civ, or I would have gone off on a rant about all the games I have quit since I took a break from programming :p My worst Civ game was similar to yours. Started in tundra, but it was semi-workable, and I could see NOTHING but ice with my initial scouting. So I decided to settle and see what I could do about moving capital later on.

Turned out that there wasn't any land with yields (other than the ocean) for about 25 turns worth of movement, and that was a chokepoint. By the time I got there with a settler it was a barbarian haven that I couldn't break. So I made due with just my main city and bee-lined Druids.

Your resolution is too high and the screenshot you want to post is gargantuan probably.

Fortunately in your actual post you clarified that you meant game of Civ, or I would have gone off on a rant about all the games I have quit since I took a break from programming :p My worst Civ game was similar to yours. Started in tundra, but it was semi-workable, and I could see NOTHING but ice with my initial scouting. So I decided to settle and see what I could do about moving capital later on.

Turned out that there wasn't any land with yields (other than the ocean) for about 25 turns worth of movement, and that was a chokepoint. By the time I got there with a settler it was a barbarian haven that I couldn't break. So I made due with just my main city and bee-lined Druids.

It was a huge jpeg at about 260 kb:mischief:. I meant I kept getting a this is not a valid image file no matter what I did to the pic, I even got it using a zip with the file inside it and I know its not over 10Mb...

How did you keep up techwise with the ai's with only one city?:confused: Thats even worse than mine...I probably would have quit in that case unless I was playing as the illians.:lol:

I didn't keep up. I was WAY behind. Fortunately other than scouts, no AI came near me because of the large wasteland barrier. Once I got terraforming I slapped out some other cities and used magic to decimate the opposition (was in base FfH quite a while ago). And I couldn't quit the game because it was an MP game with my wife, who I almost NEVER convince to play.

I didn't keep up. I was WAY behind. Fortunately other than scouts, no AI came near me because of the large wasteland barrier. Once I got terraforming I slapped out some other cities and used magic to decimate the opposition (was in base FfH quite a while ago). And I couldn't quit the game because it was an MP game with my wife, who I almost NEVER convince to play.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

though i'd probably just go for mages with scorch (though idk whether it can change tundra into plains in vanilla ffh )

on topic: almost all my games are the worst ... i have incredible luck in RifE games - usually it's wolf riders or sth like this within first 100 turns or dogpiling on me or _very_ active sheaim with AV

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

though i'd probably just go for mages with scorch (though idk whether it can change tundra into plains in vanilla ffh )

on topic: almost all my games are the worst ... i have incredible luck in RifE games - usually it's wolf riders or sth like this within first 100 turns or dogpiling on me or _very_ active sheaim with AV

I've been getting waves of axemen since turn 30 in my latest game. Good thing the scions don't have much else to build beside military units early on. I don't know about wolf riders but I've been getting the muris clan spawn a few times every game.

@xienwolf
:yeah::lmao:Thats how it was in my last game(at least by score). I thought you meant single player. You won the game anyway?

A fringe benefit of the wife not playing too often is that I can win whenever I feel like it against her :) Though it was the first time she gave me a serious run for my money when it finally came down to her against me. She started on a much larger continent and actually wiped out the AI sharing it with her.

A fringe benefit of the wife not playing too often is that I can win whenever I feel like it against her :) Though it was the first time she gave me a serious run for my money when it finally came down to her against me. She started on a much larger continent and actually wiped out the AI sharing it with her.

What civ was the ai?

I lost a 300 stack-Lifedrinker Adjunct in a 99.7% fight at full health.

That was my worst game ever, :(.

Mine was back on regular FFH, a Grigori game. One of the first I played when I was still trying to figure it all out.
I brought Basium in mostly because I had nothing else to build in one city. The only civ I'd met up until then had been the Illians, and Auric and I got along pretty well.
Once Bas hit the ground though, everyone seemed to find me - and they all seemed to be AV worshippers. The Sheaim persuaded even Auric to turn on me, and well, that was actually the end of me. I staved it off just slightly by using the Seven Pines, but of course Bas went back to war with them as soon as he could.
I don't summon him in any more.

I was playing as the Sidar. It was the beginning, I put my base down and got by warrior on top of it. Next to it was a Ruins. My scout popped it and an Azer came out, killed the scout, the warrior, then my city and I was done by turn 4.

I was playing as the Sidar. It was the beginning, I put my base down and got by warrior on top of it. Next to it was a Ruins. My scout popped it and an Azer came out, killed the scout, the warrior, then my city and I was done by turn 4.

Yeah stuff like that happens a lot... lost in 1 turn because my city was 2 turns away from my warrior and the barbarian with 2 movement got there first. =P

my worst turnout game was around my 3rd game i played on FFH, i played as the Hippus and i started 2 tiles away from Guardian of Pristinus Pass... Needless to say im sure you know what happened when i tried to get on the mountain (circleing it, back then i thought i might be able to climb a mountain with that on) was defeated by turn 3.... in fact this has happened alot to me, the only difference between this incident and the rest was the Gargoyles Strenth points were 8 / 11 / 11 where usually they are around 8 / 6 / 5:lol: ahhh good times as a newbie to the game, always the most fun of times :p

I just lost my level 8 cetratus that I've had since turn 20 in a 99% fight where I had a 50% defense bonus and against an unpromoted cyclops at 60% health...:wallbash::aargh:

my worst turnout game was around my 3rd game i played on FFH, i played as the Hippus and i started 2 tiles away from Guardian of Pristinus Pass... Needless to say im sure you know what happened when i tried to get on the mountain (circleing it, back then i thought i might be able to climb a mountain with that on) was defeated by turn 3.... in fact this has happened alot to me, the only difference between this incident and the rest was the Gargoyles Strenth points were 8 / 11 / 11 where usually they are around 8 / 6 / 5:lol: ahhh good times as a newbie to the game, always the most fun of times :p

ah I remembered reading the entry about it as a noob and then being dissapointed when there was no guardian...but its a gargoyle?:confused: I always thought it would be some badass dragon made out of stone or at least some insane uber unit.:gripe:

Not my worst game but probably a very frustrating one :crazyeye:

I was playing as Naxus and got a scout to become a werewolf!!!

who immediately got killed by a bear lol

and later on in the game Saverous got killed by a Centaur Archer, making the Centaur godlike in the early game :wallbash:
who then destroyed 2 cities before I stopped playing that session

Cheers!

I don't count turn 3 oops a lizardman spawned near you and killed your warrior and scout before you could build another unit games as games. They are more like false starts.

The worst game I've had is similar to xienwolf. I had some plains and a small sea to the west. To the south was an impenetrable line of peaks. So I sent my scout east and he found... tundra, snow, peaks, tundra, snow, peaks. He had to go about halfway around the world, through nothing but snow and tundra, to be able to turn south.

The only good thing about all of it was a couple sea based resources near the capital.

I got bored and quit that game quite rapidly.

Muris Clan Lord on turn three with three of his best friends. :cry: Heh heh, gonna delete the little rats. Why are these events allowed to happen so soon in the game? :gripe:

Top Bottom