Would this fix the chop/lag in games?

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
My PC isn't the best, meaning it takes more time to load map/turns etc.

So I figured... anybody thinks the engine should handle "City States" diffrently? I'm pretty sure they are currently handled as individual nation instead of 1, which would undoubtely solve the waiting turn, because the computer potentially has to calculate 35 diffrent nations instead of only 12. on a Huge map with 12 civs and 24 city states.

Am I right or wrong in this?

City States don't have 'national interests' so, no it wouldn't help.

Primarily because there's still (potentially) 24 cities to manage/build and 24 possible small armies to maintain. A single large civ can easily match that.

If you watch the AI turns long enough, you'll see that the City State period of the AI turn is shorter than most major civ AIs (Ie, all CSs complete together faster than one AI).

It isn't performing some sort of calculation to determine the goals and direction of the city states; they are just there with a few odd units.

Also, as MadDjinn points out, they would need to be able to attack themselves!

It isn't performing some sort of calculation to determine the goals and direction of the city states; they are just there with a few odd units.

Also, as MadDjinn points out, they would need to be able to attack themselves!

It has happened, there was quite a few city state civil wars occuring with city state winning or city state's troopers winning. Screenshots was posted although i forgot where. Hopefully someone else will be able to link you to them.

I've seen like a couple of civil wars myself, they was quite amusing.

It has happened, there was quite a few city state civil wars occuring with city state winning or city state's troopers winning. Screenshots was posted although i forgot where. Hopefully someone else will be able to link you to them.

I've seen like a couple of civil wars myself, they was quite amusing.

Yes; I've seen them fighting each other.

I think that you may have misunderstood what I had said.

We're pointing out that they can't function as one giant entity.

Yes they really need to fix performance, it is still quite slow mid in the game. My PC specs are quite good :-
i3 2.93Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI 6850. Now this should be enough to run Large & Huge map smoothly with small turn times but that is not the case unfortunately. :-(

Yes they really need to fix performance, it is still quite slow mid in the game. My PC specs are quite good :-
i3 2.93Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI 6850. Now this should be enough to run Large & Huge map smoothly with small turn times but that is not the case unfortunately. :-(

I have a 2500K, GTX 470 and 8GB of RAM and I generally do not play above the Standard map size setting, because the game starts to get choppy and slow.

I'm really hoping for better performance; they have mentioned some things about multithreading and that sort of thing, so I am trying to be optimistic.

I have a amd 965 at 3.8 GHz 8GB ram with 6870.

I don't play any higher then a standard size map. Usually smaller. But I like to play small maps with more civs. Short turns and plenty of enemies

Top Bottom