Would you want to know more about Leoreth?

The hatred should be directed at the British parliament, though. It was the British parliament that replaced King James VII & II (who took major steps to bring Irish Catholics much closer to equality) with William of Orange (who ushered in generations of Protestant Ascendancy that turned the Irish into third-class citizens in our own homeland). It was Oliver Cromwell who committed a genocide on us, not the Stuart Kings on either side of his reign of terror. King George V was far more supportive of Irish Home Rule and Independence than the House of Lords was.

Events like the Queen's Jubilee, the Coronation, those all bring in huge amounts of tourism money.

The monarchy has de jure powers that it is not allowed to exercise de facto. The abdication of Edward VIII showed that it was Parliament, not the Monarch, that gets to call the shots.

I have many, but I believe that nations should get to chose the form of government they want. The British people have chosen to maintain a constitutional monarchy. I don't support imposing a monarchy on Ireland or the USA, since neither of those countries wants a monarchy. You would know better than me, but I suspect that most in Germany do not want the Hohenzollerns back.

I also just feel that since the monarchy is a big part of Britain's cultural identity (the anthem being "God Save the King/Queen", being called the "United Kingdom", etc...) that since it's a big part of their cultural identity and most Britons wish to keep it, it should stay.
still don't understand why bringing in tourists is seen as an objectively good thing, mainly it just makes city centres completely unaffordable to average people and the benefits are for travel companies, landlords and tacky souvenir shops

It makes me sick and tired of still encountering Musk friendly media puff pieces
He is a billionaire, this won't stop. Bill Gates went from creepy bully to respected philanthropist and somehow authority on public health cos he is rich enough. Musk seriously dropped PR ball, probably cos horse medicine gives him silly ideas, but he still has enough money to get some positive coverage, no matter what he's going to post from K-hole. At least he is no longer the tech messiah singlehandedly solving climate crisis and sending humanity into interplanetary era as it was before the whole Twitter debacle.

I know I am just saying that I hate it

Hi Leoreth, I work at a university and was wondering if you'd feel comfortable sharing more about where you did your undergrad/graduate work and what your majors were? I have no specific reason for asking other than general interest.

I understand if that's too personal. I certainly don't want to share my educational details.

Do you speak/understand any regional German dialects?
I basically speak Standard German. Where I grew up Low German is spoken and I do understand it, but I cannot speak it myself.
Hi Leoreth, I work at a university and was wondering if you'd feel comfortable sharing more about where you did your undergrad/graduate work and what your majors were? I have no specific reason for asking other than general interest.

I understand if that's too personal. I certainly don't want to share my educational details.
I have a Master's degree in computer science. German degrees don't really use the major/minor concept but I took a lot of supplemtarz mathematics lectures so you might consider that my minor.

May I ask why? I think in general and with university job in particular one would only be proud or at least indifferent about mentioning his or her very basic educational info.. :dunno:

May I ask why? I think in general and with university job in particular one would only be proud or at least indifferent about mentioning his or her very basic educational info.. :dunno:
I don't have tenure, and there's no upside.

I don't have tenure, and there's no upside.
Lol, neither do I, but with post-tenure review policy in Florida tenure becomes less coveted feature. Strong union is the best way to insure job security!

Or leaving academia :)

How tall are you? I'm 181 cm. Slightly above average in the US, but I think I would be slightly below average in Germany.

Why do you relate everything back to Germany?

I am 193cm.

No, you don't want to be that tall.

If, in a Sword of Islam modmodmodmod, the game crashes after you selected civ, difficulty, speed, etc...but before you start playing (during that progress bar right before you start the game, not the autoplay, but the progress bar before you are into the map), but there are no python exceptions and the game can clearly load the scenario (all the civs from the map are available to select), what is likely to be wrong? I know that SoI and DOC aren't the same, but you're the most experienced RFC modder who is still active. Sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong thread.

Attachments

• MapsMerged.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    967.3 KB · Views: 1
You are.

Top Bottom