Wyrm's Infantry WIP thread

Wyrmshadow

Deity

I can't keep a secret very well.

That is freaking awesome. WW1 units at last, and the Austrian Vegetarian with his babysitters.

Very nice surprise!

As you can see here, I'm already using some of your units in my mod.
http://stephane.f.david.free.fr/CivMod/All_LandModernUnits.htm

Some as placeholders (ex CSA infantry for US).

I have included some reference pictures for WWI infantry and cavarly, for most of the 25 civs I have in my mod.

Feel free to use them as you see fit, and should you need additional picutre, don't hesitate to ask. I'm not requesting anything, I'll take what you chose to do. The reference are limited to civs in my mod, but I could find others for other countries if you need it.

I am amazed at what you can do with Bryce!

Holy heart attack, Wyrmshadow, these are impressive!

What nation does the first fella represent? He's the only one I don't recognize.

Great governmental gerrymandering! Very cool! I love the guy with the armor. Truly unique.

It was quite common in WW1 for soldiers to wear medieval-style armour besides talismans for protection and flails for close combat.

However it became the trade mark of the shock troops (Stoßtruppen) to wear this style of armour.

Guess I'm fitting Wyrm's categoy now: "Great you made theunit I know so much about it, and here's what I know..."

Sorry for that, Mister Tussaud.

Wyrmshadow
:D
I would like to see these units :p
Please :please:

MfG Wotan49

Attachments

• Wunsch.jpg
    Wunsch.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 847
is there a chance the Doughboys will be carrying BAR's and trenchguns?

O ya i forgot about that. Too bad they ended up with the Chauchat, the BAR was a great gun.

Historically the US did not deploy the BAR overseas during WWI choosing instead to use the French LMG for security reasons.

That's a little over simplified, but you are correct. The United States used Chauchats because they were available, but the version modified to use 30-06 was flawed and prone to malfunction. The United States also has long preferred American made equipment, so time, energy and resources were spent developing the BAR. It was not deployed in sufficient numbers until the fall of 1918. You are correct about the reservation to use the weapon until victory was reasonably certain for the allies. The leadership of the AEF was afraid of having such an advanced design falling into the hands of the Germans.

Sorry for the threadjack.

Since this is an appropriate place and it's my thread, I'll post this to show a new trick I learned.
PATHS. I've been ignoring them in Bryce for 11 years and I just discovered how I can use them.

pay close attention to the ammo belts.

Top Bottom