Yamato - NavalWar

And that's over. The Japanese Island was conquered and, to India's High Command surprise, with much less casualties than expected. Some Japanese ships decided to navigate away from the island. Most have been sunk, but, I think, there are among them some nuclear subs. Maybe America will take care of these marauding ships.

Along the way, Armor has always put a very fierce opposition and played very well. Japan only fell due to the sheer numbers of the Indian army.

GPS to Hercules, who has also just conquered China.

GPS to Hercules.

And now that Japan and China have been conquered, what to do in this game? I would like to hear America's opinion.

Well you and I have got our revenge for the previous Naval War, when Luthor double crossed.us.

I realise you currently have the greater power rating but I am rapidly catching up.

BTW I just ended Churchill empire.

I would hate Armor to be eliminated at this stage just because of the rules. Unless it was a joint enterprise like with Japan. Whoever tackled Russia would face formidable opposition and losses.

So I would tentatively propose a joint victory by India and America.

And maybe start a new game with players now familiar with the game concept. Some of the original participants in this one were less experienced (including me, I lost several hastily compiled invasion fleets that it took several turns to learn from the mistake).

Well, looking at the past, India and America have always been able to keep a non-aggression status, have always respected themselves and have even cooperated together, which I think have benefited both nations to increase their power and achieve their objectives.

I'm also fine in ending the game, providing that Armor also agrees to it. However, if we are going to end the game, India shall be declared the winner. The production rate of America is slight above the production rate of India, but India still has a much larger army and earns more money. The battle for Japan took a heavy tool in lost units, but now India will keep a steady production rate of units and the power gap will be stable.

Concerning Russia, I agree. It will take a huge amount of resources (like it happened with Japan) to beat Russia and with little benefit in the end. Only a joint effort India/America at the moment would be the more balanced option.

So, my proposal:
1. We will end the game and India is declared the winner.
2. We engage in war (this is a total war scenario), but we have a cease fire period of some turns (max 5) to prepare and re position our huge armies. Like in the old "Highlander" movie, in the end, there can be only one.

Last edited:
Actually, it is Russia that should be included in a joint victory, since we can never be eliminated:

Spoiler :

All joking aside, India has been the clear winner of this game for some time. But since we've come this far, my vote would be for a final war to see if America can prove me wrong :D

Japan was in most respects stronger than Russia, but didn't do quite as much damage to India as hoped (at least on land). I made two key mistakes in defending Japan:
  1. Leaving a forest tile intact, allowing India's stack to land with 50% defensive cover.
  2. Massing all my land-based artillery units in lightly-defended Tokyo, allowing them to be wiped out by missiles. The lack of artillery greatly reduced the amount of collateral damage I was able to inflict.
Overall though, I was pleased with my interim leadership of Japan. I successfully fended off America's attempts to invade and even re-took several nearby islands. I was perhaps too successful, as I soon attracted the attention of India :lol:

Well, looking at the past, India and America have always been able to keep a non-aggression status, have always respected themselves and have even cooperated together, which I think have benefited both nations to increase their power and achieve their objectives.

I'm also fine in ending the game, providing that Armor also agrees to it. However, if we are going to end the game, India shall be declared the winner. The production rate of America is slight above the production rate of India, but India still has a much larger army and earns more money. The battle for Japan took a heavy tool in lost units, but now India will keep a steady production rate of units and the power gap will be stable.

Concerning Russia, I agree. It will take a huge amount of resources (like it happened with Japan) to beat Russia and with little benefit in the end. Only a joint effort India/America at the moment would be the more balanced option.

So, my proposal:
1. We will end the game and India is declared the winner.
2. We engage in war (this is a total war scenario), but we have a cease fire period of some turns (max 5) to prepare and re position our huge armies. Like in the old "Highlander" movie, in the end, there can be only one.

America took heavy hit over the years in attacking Japan, thus allowing India to develop infrastructure and military. so America needs recognition for that sacrifice.

So I support the scenario 2 but with the amendment of cease fire period to 12 turns. This will allow us all to fortify and re-arm.

If we are willing to continue the game India will give a cease fire of 6 turns. There's no need for more. India's production can match easily America's production, so no benefit will result from this prolonged truce.

America took heavy hit over the years in attacking Japan, thus allowing India to develop infrastructure and military. so America needs recognition for that sacrifice.

Well, with all due respect to my American fellow, I would like to remind that when America decided to attack Japan, America was more powerful than Japan... but Japan was winning the war by the time of India's intervention...

Furthermore, India has not been Idle developing infrastructure and getting fatter... From the beginning of the game that India has been involved in heavy fighting... Firstly with Germany, then Japan, until Russia decided to help the Japanese (who was losing the war...)... Then a bloody and very tough war with Russia, which ended in Russia being reduced to two cities... Then England, and again another tough war with Japan... In fact, it was India's intervention against Japan that gave America space and time to recover strength...

GPS to Hercules.

The cease fire will end in turn 152. On Turn 152 America may start the hostilities. Turn 153 for India.

Top Bottom