Younger Julius Caesar (LH)

Corn Shucker

Great Khorn

(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/romanemp/juli.jpg)

Well, its not a huge mod or anything but I was just messing around with the files to see whats possible and came up with this. Hopefully in the future more mods will come on a larger scale :)

Basically its Julius Caesar with brown hair and less wrinkles. Took about a grand total of 5 minutes (I've had some modding experiance with Pirates! so that sped up the process)

Mabey someone will find use for it :D enjoy.

To use, (assuming you've already unpacked your Art0.FPK- if not, go here and scroll to the bottom for instructions) just place the two files in your 'Julius Caesar' leaderhead folder. My path is: D:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Art\leaderheads\julius_caesar

Questions/Comments Appreicated.

Attachments

• Younger_Caesar.zip
    218.2 KB · Views: 277
:goodjob:

But are you sure that there is no problem of copyright with firaxis ?
I remember that it was the question with the modification of units in CIV III...

He has just used "Just for Men", don't be fooled!

Very nice, I think I'll use it, only thing though, can you change the still pic that goes along with leaderhead in the race selection screen?

I just tought about to make this because new Caesar looks bad.It could be done better,anyway tnx! ;)

Corey said:
I just tought about to make this because new Caesar looks bad.It could be done better,anyway tnx! ;)

Mabey I'm just cant read-but I dont think what you wrote makes any sence? lol Mabey you could elaborate- I think you're saying that it needed to be done, but could have been done better. What would you suggest to be changed? How could it be "done better"?

Caesar was blonde, so you might consider doing that. Also, is there any way to make him less skinny, or give him a tunic in addition to the toga? He looks like Cato as he originally is...

frenchman said:

But are you sure that there is no problem of copyright with firaxis ?
I remember that it was the question with the modification of units in CIV III...

I doubt it, so long as he's not trying to sell it. After all, the game is designed to be moddable-going so far as to give modders the code for the game. If they're going to let us mod that much, I doubt they'd quibble over leader heads.

Marc

Regardless of whether you intend to sell it or not there is a copyright issue with finished unit graphics... however, I emphasize the word FINISHED. The skin is useless without the .nif file, and the nif file is largely useless without Civ4...

Arturus said:
What about giving Caesar full armour and a nice Roman helmet. He was a great general after all.
Caesar isn't an aggressive leader in this game. So he doesn't reflect such... (I know, it's weird)

I still agree that would be awesome reguardless of his personality... too bad I cant do it :)

I have not played Civ IV yet and it may be awhile because the graphics do not impress me as much as what I've read about some of the other changes. The leaderheads definitely have room for improvement, as you have demonstrated, Corn Shucker. It's just a shame they chose to make the head so out of proportion to the body.

Hrafnkell, believe me in the game the LHs have a completely different feel from the screenshots.

Nice work! I think Alexander needs one of these too, as he died at the age of 33!

Tomyris said:
Nice work! I think Alexander needs one of these too, as he died at the age of 33!

And yet in-game he is at least 40 before you meet him;)

I agree about Alexander. Also could you update this to work with rufus's leader changes, he made to Caesar(new senator toga), and make it like the screenshot you posted in the thread.

Top Bottom