Your Choice for the Democratic/Republican VP's

I pick Bill Nelson to be the VP candidate for the Democrats and Fred Thompson for the Republicans.

Edwards for the Democrats
Rommey for the Republicans

I wish to see a peauciful president comes ..I hate Bush and the team arond him..If another bush comes i will say GO TO HELL AND BURN..

I don't think the Republican VP candidate will come from the Presidential Field...and if the Dems don't pick Bill Richardson, then it won't come from the Democratic field either.

Edwards for the Democrats
Rommey for the Republicans

Edwards would be a horrible choice for Veep, however... I don't think Romney would want to be vp. Though it would be a good idea to have him on the ticket, because it would virtually guarantee the Mormon votes and Michigan. However, I can see Voinovich on the Republican ticket. It can really help the Republicans in Ohio.

Bill Richardson. Couldn't care less about the 'Pug...gonna lose anyways.

Bill Richardson sounds good for the Dems. No idea about the Reps. (Surely it depends on who wins? Huckabee would choose a different VP to, say, Giuliani. I don't know much about American politics, but Richardson seems like the obvious choice for the Dems.)

Colbert + anybody.

Edwards would be a horrible choice for Veep, however... I don't think Romney would want to be vp. Though it would be a good idea to have him on the ticket, because it would virtually guarantee the Mormon votes and Michigan. However, I can see Voinovich on the Republican ticket. It can really help the Republicans in Ohio.

The Mormon votes do not need to be locked up. Outside of Utah and Idaho (and maybe Wyoming), we aren't concentrated geographically enough to swing a state. Plus...we're pretty die hard republican anyways. We're going to vote for anybody, except maybe Huckabee.

Voinovich would not really be an asset. He's pretty old, unknown outside of Ohio , had a pretty unremarkable senate career, and really disliked by a lot of Republicans, because he's kinda liberal. I like him, and I voted for him, but he isn't going to shore up the GOP base in Ohio. I think Ohio is going blue no matter what.

Bill Richardson for the Democratic VP

Bill Richardson for the Democratic VP

With Obama, yes. If the Dem is Hillary, then Obama for VP.

On the Repub side, I'd prefer Colin Powell or Arlen Spector, but neither of them would consider it. Or Arnie, but he can't legally do it.

and if the Dems don't pick Bill Richardson, then it won't come from the Democratic field either.

My exception to that is noted above. I think that Obama would be a good choice on the undercard w/ Hillary and I'd bet he'd consider it.

The Mormon votes do not need to be locked up. Outside of Utah and Idaho (and maybe Wyoming), we aren't concentrated geographically enough to swing a state. Plus...we're pretty die hard republican anyways. We're going to vote for anybody, except maybe Huckabee.

Voinovich would not really be an asset. He's pretty old, unknown outside of Ohio , had a pretty unremarkable senate career, and really disliked by a lot of Republicans, because he's kinda liberal. I like him, and I voted for him, but he isn't going to shore up the GOP base in Ohio. I think Ohio is going blue no matter what.

True about Mormons being for the most part republicans. On Voinovich... he seems to be the lone bastion of Republican strength in the state.

The GOP held total control over Ohio for over a decade...supermajority in the statehouse (they still hold a pretty big lead), all the statewide offices, and most of our congressional delegation.

Then pretty much all of them were indicted in some sort of scandal. Our Gov was almost impeached. Bob Ney and Tom Noe are in jail.

So all the republicans lost.

Voinovich may face a primary challenge from another, more conservative republican next election cycle. He was a great mayor of Cleveland, and a pretty good Gov..but he really isn't going to help anybody's ticket.

The GOP held total control over Ohio for over a decade...supermajority in the statehouse (they still hold a pretty big lead), all the statewide offices, and most of our congressional delegation.

Then pretty much all of them were indicted in some sort of scandal. Our Gov was almost impeached. Bob Ney and Tom Noe are in jail.

So all the republicans lost.

Voinovich may face a primary challenge from another, more conservative republican next election cycle. He was a great mayor of Cleveland, and a pretty good Gov..but he really isn't going to help anybody's ticket.

Hmm... looking at some articles and statistics... I tend to agree with you now.

Top Bottom