Resource icon

EE2 Building Pack 3 - Temples 2016-10-05

This one consists of ALL temples existing in EE2 (except "Wonders"). There are three eras for four artstyles, and non-specific early and late ones. Some are very nice, yet others aren't, but they're all included for the sake of completeness. I felt compelled to tweak the dimensions of some models, to make them closer in proportions to their real-life prototypes. As usual, 512x512 texutures are included separately. Without further ado, let me introduce some temples:

AMERICA

1) Early American temple
A nice and simple model.

2) Middle American temple
Another nice and simple model. Note that surrounding wall is a separate mesh, and therefore detachable from the pyramid.

3) Late American temple
Mexican church. I like this one too. Moderately complex model.

ASIA

1) Early Asian temple
Looks like a Shinto shrine complex to me. Unfortunately, different parts of the model aren't easily separable.

2) Middle Asian temple
A pagoda. Wall is a separate mesh, and thus can be removed easily.

3) Heaven Temple.
Very complex model! You have been warned.

EUROPE

1) Early temple
A Roman-style pantheon. Don't like this model; overly complex, textures very bleak. Meh.

2) Middle temple
Gothic cathedral. VERY complex model. Don't use this one, unless very needed.

3) Late temple.
A fancy church with a graveyard. Graveyard can't be easily separated from the model (although a determined modder could make it invisible by toying with alpha channels; since tombstones are very simple, having them invisible instead of removed won't hurt performance much).

MIDDLE EAST

1) Early Mideast temple
All three temples here, strangely enough, are represented as Wonders in vanilla Civ. These models and textures are, of course, better (and larger; although all three models are comparably simple for EE2) than those that came with Civ. This one is definitely the Spiral Minaret. Wall and towers at the base are separable (although there'll be some leftover wall left, it should normally be below ground level).

2) Middle Mideast temple
Great Shrine for Islam. Told ya! (base can't be separated from the structure itself).

3) Late Mideast temple
Hagia Sophia after conversion to a mosque.

OTHER

1) "Primitive temple"
Were it not listed as a temple by the game, I would never have guessed. :D

2) "Futuristic temple"
A nice and simple model of a futuristic building. Don't see anything that would make it particulary temple-like, though.
  • temples_america_q0p.jpg
    temples_america_q0p.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 476
  • temples_asia_TPG.jpg
    temples_asia_TPG.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 535
  • temples_europe_1in.jpg
    temples_europe_1in.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 492
  • temples_mideast_09b.jpg
    temples_mideast_09b.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 488